Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Jan 6, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #841 of 913
I've had a few hours to listen to the cable. I don't know if it's because I want it to sound different but the first track I played on it felt like: "Wait. Oh damn. Where the Aryas this detailed before?" I've had the Aryas a long time now so I know how they sound. In other songs I also heard more body. There is slighty more weight to the notes. I used to belive DACs, burn-in and cables didn't actually change sound and if they did it would indicernable. Look at me now. Eating my own words and happier for it.

20240106_172410.jpg

I also added the final piece. I had to squish the braid a little and offset the back piece in order to fit it. I dig the look a lot. In fact, I think it's even functional. Having that "slider" (which is useless as a slider in this case) separates the splited braids a bit more to make it harder for them to tangle if at all possible.

Once I get set my stup all purple again I'll take some more pictures of it in it's matched purple environment. Currenty the setup is pink, red, and white to match the anime thing I have for now.

It’s a very nice looking cable!! I really dig the purple! Just wait until you get them more burnt-in.

I’ve been using/burning in my Opera cable since I got them. My poor Talos didn’t get much time to burn in, only a few days before the Opera arrived. I was using and burning in the Talos before I got the Opera, but once the Opera came, I just couldn’t pull myself away. Phenomenal cable!!

Just yesterday though, I’ve now switched to burning in the Talos more. Gonna put some serious hours on the Talos now.

Even in the first 24 hours or so, you should start to hear more of a difference, too. Regardless, they really improve and open up the more you use them!

Congrats again and welcome to the club!

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #843 of 913
It’s a very nice looking cable!! I really dig the purple! Just wait until you get them more burnt-in.

I’ve been using/burning in my Opera cable since I got them. My poor Talos didn’t get much time to burn in, only a few days before the Opera arrived. I was using and burning in the Talos before I got the Opera, but once the Opera came, I just couldn’t pull myself away. Phenomenal cable!!

Just yesterday though, I’ve now switched to burning in the Talos more. Gonna put some serious hours on the Talos now.

Even in the first 24 hours or so, you should start to hear more of a difference, too. Regardless, they really improve and open up the more you use them!

Congrats again and welcome to the club!
I just got my other Opera Palladium/Silver Arctic Cable re-terminated with beautiful Arctic mini-XLR for my new ZMF Caldera planner headphones. This Opera Cable is phenomenally good, ARCTIC Cables ROCK
The Caldera came fully alive wider soundstage, extreme Clarity, nuance, dynamics, impact and natural tonal timbers and sweetness, driven by my Cayin N30LE AP In Classic tube, Hdb and Hyper-mode and volume knob at a mere 42 it is heaven.
Huge THANKS to Roy and the AC team🩵
20240118_193241.jpg

Thanks again Roy

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #844 of 913
I just got my other Opera Palladium/Silver Arctic Cable re-terminated with beautiful Arctic mini-XLR for my new ZMF Caldera planner headphones. This Opera Cable is phenomenally good, ARCTIC Cables ROCK
The Caldera came fully alive wider soundstage, extreme Clarity, nuance, dynamics, impact and natural tonal timbers and sweetness, driven by my Cayin N30LE AP In Classic tube, Hdb and Hyper-mode and volume knob at a mere 42 it is heaven.

Thanks again Roy

Congrats!!! Looks awesome. Roy and the team make such good stuff. I just bought another cable from AC. Gets here next week >:]

Jan 19, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #845 of 913
20240118_193241.jpg
Thanks again Roy

I agree, the Opera is truly something. I really love the texture that I get from the Opera. I am nearing the end of my break-in period, but both the Talos and the Opera sound phenomenal!

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #847 of 913
Just received my Euphoria cable; let's compare it to the Opera V2 and the Opus X8
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Euphoria compared to the Opera!

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:41 PM Post #848 of 913
A revelation... and a REAL "transformative milestone"...
The N30LE, ZMF VCs (Blackwoods burned in 300+ hours), Arctic Cable's Talos V2 cable, a bit of Kush Mountain...and a hi-Res, remastered version of Robin Guthrie's "Delicate"...TRUE euphoria!! I NOW understand the beauty of this hobby AND mostly important... music. Sure, it's this cable, this DAP, this amp, blah, blah... but a simple reminder...the music is what brought us here and our love of the music! I have found that moment. To simply stop chasing and to take the time to REALLY listen to the music. MY GOD! Transformative? I'm sure most folks on this thread have a KILLER set up, desktop, portable, transportable whatever... this is a simple "tap on the shoulder" to take some time out, pour a 12-25 year single malt, kick back on an Eames, a couch or the floor and sink into the AMAZING sounds we have been literally blessed with!!! I never thought I could experience the music that I have known and loved for many years at this level. HUGE shout out to Zack @ ZMF for giving a S%$#! about how music is important and delivered to humans !! HUGE shout out to Cayin for pushing it... to see what is possible in the realm of sound reproduction and to DELIVER! Arctic Cables...Roy, you are THE BEST!!!...and so are your wires my friend! I'm new to this for the most part, however I am here now and too glad. It has changed my appreciation for music and the quality in which I intake it ALL!!
Happy Saturday everyone@ Head-Fi and I'm glad to be a part of this crazy thing we ALL love so dearly!!!!

Jan 21, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #849 of 913
A revelation... and a REAL "transformative milestone"...
The N30LE, ZMF VCs (Blackwoods burned in 300+ hours), Arctic Cable's Talos V2 cable, a bit of Kush Mountain...and a hi-Res, remastered version of Robin Guthrie's "Delicate"...TRUE euphoria!! I NOW understand the beauty of this hobby AND mostly important... music. Sure, it's this cable, this DAP, this amp, blah, blah... but a simple reminder...the music is what brought us here and our love of the music! I have found that moment. To simply stop chasing and to take the time to REALLY listen to the music. MY GOD! Transformative? I'm sure most folks on this thread have a KILLER set up, desktop, portable, transportable whatever... this is a simple "tap on the shoulder" to take some time out, pour a 12-25 year single malt, kick back on an Eames, a couch or the floor and sink into the AMAZING sounds we have been literally blessed with!!! I never thought I could experience the music that I have known and loved for many years at this level. HUGE shout out to Zack @ ZMF for giving a S%$#! about how music is important and delivered to humans !! HUGE shout out to Cayin for pushing it... to see what is possible in the realm of sound reproduction and to DELIVER! Arctic Cables...Roy, you are THE BEST!!!...and so are your wires my friend! I'm new to this for the most part, however I am here now and too glad. It has changed my appreciation for music and the quality in which I intake it ALL!!
Happy Saturday everyone@ Head-Fi and I'm glad to be a part of this crazy thing we ALL love so dearly!!!!

Happy Saturday to you! The Talos is a fantastic cable! I love the craftsmanship of Arctic Cables products and then there’s the sound. Beautiful, deep, thick, with lots and lots of detail.

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #850 of 913
Arctic Cables gang ✊. Just ordered incoming custom Aperion cables myself after looking at a few organizations. I won't have compatible headphones for a while (Mod House Audio Tungstens), but it's going to be worth the wait. Roy has been very helpful and understanding so far and all my questions have been answered up until this point. May be already in the process of a 2nd incoming order as soon as he gets back to me about inquiries.

Cables are on the way! Dual 3.5mm to 3-pin XLR cables along with a separate dual 3-pin XLR female to 4-pin XLR male cable adapter. 👍😁

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #853 of 913
We got another one gents!

20240203_090649.jpg

Quality as usual. Amazing sound. How do they do it? They follow instructions to a T! Lot of love to Roy and the team!

Feb 4, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #855 of 913

Users who are viewing this thread

Back