aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jun 14, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #1,336 of 2,238
Thanks for your feedback. About the "Optimize aptx adaptive for:"

Low Latency or High Quality

do you catch any difference at all or it's just "marketing" ?
The low latency definitely is evident with better video sync, but it's pretty good with HQ as well. As for sound quality I tend to stay just with HQ for music, perhaps placebo / expectation bias but yes it may sound a bit cleaner. Definitely not a night and day difference though.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:09 AM Post #1,337 of 2,238
I have a noob question hopefully someone can answer with ease.

So when connecting headphones to PC via bluetooth such as LDAC. Do you need to purchase an LDAC compatible USB transmitter?

I already have a vanilla Bluetooth 4.2 USB transmitter which I bought to allow devices to have bluetooth connection to PC.
I thought if I download this driver shared in another thread, I can use it to stream LDAC to headphones. Am I understanding this wrong?

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #1,338 of 2,238
I have a noob question hopefully someone can answer with ease.

So when connecting headphones to PC via bluetooth such as LDAC. Do you need to purchase an LDAC compatible USB transmitter?
It depends. If you want to use Bluetooth transmitter (which introduces itself as USB sound card to PC) then it would need to have LDAC.
I already have a vanilla Bluetooth 4.2 USB transmitter which I bought to allow devices to have bluetooth connection to PC.
I thought if I download this driver shared in another thread, I can use it to stream LDAC to headphones. Am I understanding this wrong?
You can use almost any Bluetooth adapter (except transmitters) with that driver, even one built into the motherboard will do.

Jun 16, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #1,339 of 2,238
It depends. If you want to use Bluetooth transmitter (which introduces itself as USB sound card to PC) then it would need to have LDAC.

You can use almost any Bluetooth adapter (except transmitters) with that driver, even one built into the motherboard will do.
Thank you for responding. Yes it makes sense now. Mine is just a vanilla TP-Link Bluetooth 4.2 USB dongle/adapter (sorry should have wrote this originally) which can connect to all bluetooth devices. It doesn't show up as a USB sound device, so it will work as I thought thank you.
Cool thank you that is good news. I should in future distinguish between Bluetooth USB Transmitter vs Bluetooth USB dongle/adapter.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #1,340 of 2,238
Anyone know why BT-W5 and K9BP sound much quieter than BTD600? W5 is the quietest. Connected to S23 and jvc fw1kt / ath-twx9 with aptx adaptive. Only BTD600 can reach the same volume that I can reach with these tws iems when connected to my phone directly (through plain aptx).
I’ve been testing BT-W5 and BTD600 for the post few days. The problem I dislike about BT-W5 is as soon I unplug it and put on my iPad, it seem to reset the volume I have set in the desktop Mac app. It by default have some preset profile and eq which I have also disabled. But as soon as I plug out and plug in again it seem to get reset.

Where else for Btd600 there is nothing to set n no app for it except to update the firmware. They seem to give the max volume and don’t apply any weird eq to it.

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,341 of 2,238
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #1,342 of 2,238
I’ve been testing BT-W5 and BTD600 for the post few days. The problem I dislike about BT-W5 is as soon I unplug it and put on my iPad, it seem to reset the volume I have set in the desktop Mac app. It by default have some preset profile and eq which I have also disabled. But as soon as I plug out and plug in again it seem to get reset.

Where else for Btd600 there is nothing to set n no app for it except to update the firmware. They seem to give the max volume and don’t apply any weird eq to it.
bt-w5 is junk, I don't understand why it doesn't reach max volume. I upgraded the firmware as well and couldn't find any relevant settings in the desktop app either. Returned and keeping btd600 as my go-to with k9bp as back-up. Btd600 works very well for phone calls too, it automatically switches to SBC for the call and switches back to aptx adaptive.

Jun 19, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #1,348 of 2,238
Another pair of aptX Lossless earbuds (the first based on QCC3071):
https://fiitii.com/product/true-wireless/hifidots/

Received mine, just a few hours of listening thus far but really enjoyable sound, and the earpieces are very comfortable. I also like the aesthetics, buds and case! I have them paired with my DAP, phone and Win PC Creative BT-W5 dongle and all work well. Multipoint is perfect, switches seamlessly to an incoming phone call when listening to music, then back to music when I end the phone call.

Biggest complaint is that the app. is crap!!! Unlike my other BT devices with apps (Focal Bathys, FiiO BTR7) it requires you to pair with something called HiFiDot app. to recognize your devices in app, even though the earpieces themselves are already paired. Worse, 2 instances of "HiFiDot app." appear when scanning for nearby devices, and neither will pair. I've given up for now as frankly there's nothing essential in the app. and I am otherwise enjoying these quite a bit. If anyone knows a trick to get FiiTii app. to work, though, that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #1,349 of 2,238
Received mine, just a few hours of listening thus far but really enjoyable sound, and the earpieces are very comfortable. I also like the aesthetics, buds and case! I have them paired with my DAP, phone and Win PC Creative BT-W5 dongle and all work well. Multipoint is perfect, switches seamlessly to an incoming phone call when listening to music, then back to music when I end the phone call.

Biggest complaint is that the app. is crap!!! Unlike my other BT devices with apps (Focal Bathys, FiiO BTR7) it requires you to pair with something called HiFiDot app. to recognize your devices in app, even though the earpieces themselves are already paired. Worse, 2 instances of "HiFiDot app." appear when scanning for nearby devices, and neither will pair. I've given up for now as frankly there's nothing essential in the app. and I am otherwise enjoying these quite a bit. If anyone knows a trick to get FiiTii app. to work, though, that would be appreciated.
BTW I'm a bit of a newbie to TWS in-ears. I like the sound of the FiiTii HiFiDots with one off the included eartip sets but if there are some aftermarket tips that work well for TWS's to take them to the next level, I'd live to hear what others have had success with. :smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back