Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Sep 12, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #64 of 266
I did an impulse buy of what was the equivalent of the Tingo IE800 which you reviewed ( was intrigued that you rated them so highly), during the recent Aliexpress sale, as it wasn't more than any of the other earphones I own so far. Was surprised when I received the package today... Was thinking it would be just cheap plastic packs, they went the full suite!

The first 5 minute listen OOTB was pretty disappointing. The overall signature sounded a little drab, though there were hints of the treble, detail and soundstage. Put the thing on a 6 hour burn cycle of pink noise, they completely transformed after that !

Looking at your ratings now, yes, I am at more than 85% in agreement with your review. They are really very, very good !
The only thing that I would say they can be rated slightly higher would be the mids. They sound a little thin there but still fairly alright to me. Not yet borderline (if that's what you mean by the '5' rating).

They are probably 'pariah' to a lot of people but if you discard that stigma and look at them as any other IEM out there, they are really brilliant ! Loads of detail, pretty good soundstage, separation, sufficient bass, yet great clarity!

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #65 of 266
The values for bass, mids, treble are relative strength rather than a score - quantitative rather than quality

They're still a big favourite of mine, but probably best not discussed any further due to their 'illicit' nature

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #67 of 266
That looks like the mk1 version, as long as the cable is identical to the one shown in the picture they should be original. Mine is identical but in the green finish rather than black.

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #69 of 266
Probably just bad lighting, but I certainly can't tell what color that should be :p

UTB8HnHUc8ahduJk43Jaq6zM8FXaX.jpg

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #70 of 266
I only look at the photos for the black version as that's the one available. The last few photos (green) show the hybrid mk2, the dynamic only mk2 has a black cable I believe.

Not tested any of the mk2 versions

Sep 12, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #72 of 266
Not complicated -

Braided silver = mk1 hybrid (tested)

Grey PU = mk2 hybrid (not tested)

Black PU = mk2 dynamic only (avoid)

The listing has pictures of a black mk1 and a green mk2 - both are hybrid versions. My review only relates to the mk1 hybrid though.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #73 of 266
Thanks!
I think I will get the UF instead of the ZS5 as my first hybrid iem. And also got the Einsear T2 :)
I'm wondering if the dual DD + dual BA is just marketing thing or it actually makes a difference compared to 1 DD + 1 BA. I read many mixed reviews for the zs5 but pretty much the same thing for the UF...
Probably the tuning wins over technicality.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #74 of 266
If you're in the UK I'd have said get the E-MI C880 as you're first hybrid > I've rarely listened to much else since I got them, ZS5 included.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back