Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Sep 7, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #51 of 266
Given the fact the BA are right in the nozzle, not recommended for the gym. I found the bass too much with some EDM tracks but that might be what people want.

Vido is an earbud, at the moment I'm concentrating on IEMs.

Sep 10, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #52 of 266
Hello, i stubled upon your review site a few days ago and wish i've done it earlier :) From the reviews i settled upon three IEM's, but not sure would fit me better, so i thought about asking for your advice.
I'm a musician who's traveling a lot, currently listen to music on my entry-level Shure 215, which i use on stage also. The isolation seems good, but the mids and treble are kind of muffled for the genres i like to listen, mainly gospel, (for ex. James Fortune, smooth jazz, classic piano/vocal jazz, jazz rock,) i like instrument separation and soundstage (i'm a keyboardist and try to distinguish the piano from the other instruments) . My main concern is the fitting in the ear canal because i have small ears, for ex. i bought the Jaybird X3(if you are familiar with them) and ended up returning them because i couldn't find a way for them to stay in my ears, despite the multitude of accesories provided, they seemed too big for my ears. Sound isolation is also important for me, and sound leakage (altoungh i'd trade sound leakage for a wider soundstage for ex.). Here goes the list, random order:
1. BossHiFi B3
2. E-MI CI880 Hybrid (on the back i saw that there is a little hole that may leak sound but i'm not sure if and how much).
3. Urbanfun HiFi (in your review i saw that the cable is silver coloured but i found on Aliexpress a variant of what seems to be a newer variant named MARK II, not sure if it's the sellers intention to mislead customers or indeed it is a newer variant).
-the IEM's that resemble the ones in your review
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lgo_pvid=547382eb-c8de-4fb0-9ccb-51fe91dbe936
-the ones that are 'newer'
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/URB...lgo_pvid=547382eb-c8de-4fb0-9ccb-51fe91dbe936.
I'm also interested in the Tennmak PRO (same price range like the above listed and fit like the Shure's, but i read numerous reviews that say different things about them) and Tennmak Cello, that are a little above the price i'm willing to pay for a first chinese pair of IEM's, but if they are that good, maybe i'll pay the price above the three ones listed.
Thanks a lot, hope you continue with the nice review work, sorry for writing maybe a bit too much. :p
P.S. I'm thinking about buying the 1MORE Triple, but i thought about trying first something under 40 dollars. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #53 of 266
I don't evaluate the sound isolation, although all of the ones you've listed would be about average, I think. There are some earphones I've used in my old car which proved to be better than others in isolating sound - KZ ZST and ZS3 being the stand outs but sonically they won't deliver what you're looking for.

In terms of fit all are similar in nozzle size as they all use the same ear tip the B3 are probably the most compact in length just, with the other two pretty much identical. The CI880 have a metal block at the end which might make the drag slightly worse although I find them easier to wear over ear as a result of this.

The 'vents' on the back of the CI880 are mainly cosmetic it's just a couple of pin holes in reality.

The review of the Urbanfun's relates only to the mk1 version, the mk2 version apparently has an updated driver. Beware there is a black cabled mk2 which is a single dynamic only.

My recommendation would be the CI880 as they're remarkable value and pretty awesome, if you're in the US you can get these through Amazon.com so you can always send them back if they're not up the standard. I got mine from the .co.uk site and I mean to order another pair as a back up at some point.

Sep 10, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #56 of 266
Thanks

1. balanced with strong treble and decent soundstage - e.g. CI880 and Ty Hi Z G3
2. If you mean V shape, neutral etc. I prefer to do my spider webs - same info different format. Less open to (miss)interpretation
3. Had a few pairs a long while back, sound has been left behind by newer models IMO

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #57 of 266
Thanks

1. balanced with strong treble and decent soundstage - e.g. CI880 and Ty Hi Z G3
2. If you mean V shape, neutral etc. I prefer to do my spider webs - same info different format. Less open to (miss)interpretation
3. Had a few pairs a long while back, sound has been left behind by newer models IMO

So you think a ZSE or a einsear T2 holds more details? I'm using those cause from what I got they come close for sound signature. I have the ATR and I really don't like them (dark, not fun)

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #58 of 266
T2 from memory - I ran over my T2 with my office chair and cut the cable so can't check. :disappointed_relieved:

An example of a discussion that shows why I don't use sound signature categories - my point about being open to interpretation

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #60 of 266
I bought this one

But I also found this cheaper one, can't be 100% sure it's the same though as it doesn't mention the 'four speakers' like the other one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back