April Music Eximus DP-1
Sep 11, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #677 of 803
I've posted a number of my thoughts in the Woo Owner's Unite thread about the comparison. In a nutshell: the ZDSE beats the Woo (all upgraded tube options) in every area-for $1200 less. You're mostly paying for looks and build first with the Woo, sonics second. But man-what looks those are! Don't get me wrong the Woo sounds excellent-but you can get get better, for much less.

-Daniel

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #679 of 803
  I've posted a number of my thoughts in the Woo Owner's Unite thread about the comparison. In a nutshell: the ZDSE beats the Woo (all upgraded tube options) in every area-for $1200 less. You're mostly paying for looks and build first with the Woo, sonics second. But man-what looks those are! Don't get me wrong the Woo sounds excellent-but you can get get better, for much less.

-Daniel

Oh wow, not what I expected lol.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #682 of 803
  The Woo is the second best amp I've owned/heard-nothing wrong with that! I'm looking forward to hooking my Eximus up to it on Thursday to see where that takes it-stay tuned.

-Daniel

I've had the woo22 and it enslaved my hd800 quite well... though the liquid glass sure stomps it.

The woo22 though sometimes gives it a more romantic touch and I don't think the rca tubes on my LG really does the hd800 justice, I wanna try out the siemens.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #683 of 803

hmm, I've done an a/b with the auditor and phonitor and did find the phonitor to be much more engaging and had the warmth to it. Maybe our ears are quite different

Well I only had the Auditor a week-so take those impressions with a grain of salt since I only listened to it a couple of hours at most. I'm not sure if I found it 'warm' per se-but definitely smooth and easy to listen to. My m-Stage I had at the same time was definitely warm though-and was thoroughly trounced by the SPL as far as technicalities go. I've actually really wanted to try an SPL gain to get a firmer understanding of it. If nothing else-I'm looking for an SS amp to pair with the Eximus for my movie/game times where I don't wanna wast my tubes' lives...

-Daniel

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #684 of 803

Well I only had the Auditor a week-so take those impressions with a grain of salt since I only listened to it a couple of hours at most. I'm not sure if I found it 'warm' per se-but definitely smooth and easy to listen to. My m-Stage I had at the same time was definitely warm though-and was thoroughly trounced by the SPL as far as technicalities go. I've actually really wanted to try an SPL gain to get a firmer understanding of it. If nothing else-I'm looking for an SS amp to pair with the Eximus for my movie/game times where I don't wanna wast my tubes' lives...

-Daniel

Try out the GS-X it really just amplifies the quality of your source lol.

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #685 of 803

I've had the woo22 and it enslaved my hd800 quite well... though the liquid glass sure stomps it.

The woo22 though sometimes gives it a more romantic touch and I don't think the rca tubes on my LG really does the hd800 justice, I wanna try out the siemens.

I saw your LAu ad-care to swap with my Woo? j/k I've gotta get my priorities in order for the incoming Leviathan-first deposit should be due any day now.

Funny how I haven't watched hardly any movies these past few months-and now getting worked up for it again with the incoming Eximus. Goes to show how impressive it is in all regards (as if my third time purchasing didn't clue you in lol).

-Daniel

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #686 of 803

Yep. No other dac I've heard has even come close. At all. You'll literally hear things go past the back of your head and around to the other side at times-like some ridiculous type of crossfeed. And I can't stress the depth of it all enough-just with the HD800s lol. Speakers should be absurd with this setup...

-Daniel

Im not sure between the NAD M-51 and the Eximus DP-1 yet but I'm most likely gonna get the Eximus DP-1 and pair it with the Job 225 Amp out to Vapor Cirrus speakers. (placed order today)

I'm 60/40 movies/music so from the comments that I've read, I cant go wrong with the Eximus DP-1 as dac.

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #688 of 803

Try out the GS-X it really just amplifies the quality of your source lol.

Wish I still had my Master 8 to try with the Eximus-that one is 'dead nuts neutral' imo. Paired with the M7 and HD800 though it simply sucked all life out of the music. Pretty impressive in that regard lol. Come to think of it...maybe I will give the M8 another shot since I've got the DP-1 again...

-Daniel

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #689 of 803

I saw your LAu ad-care to swap with my Woo? j/k I've gotta get my priorities in order for the incoming Leviathan-first deposit should be due any day now.

Funny how I haven't watched hardly any movies these past few months-and now getting worked up for it again with the incoming Eximus. Goes to show how impressive it is in all regards (as if my third time purchasing didn't clue you in lol).

-

Where are you buying them? Do you know anywhere that offers em cheap?

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #690 of 803

Yep. No other dac I've heard has even come close. At all. You'll literally hear things go past the back of your head and around to the other side at times-like some ridiculous type of crossfeed. And I can't stress the depth of it all enough-just with the HD800s lol. Speakers should be absurd with this setup...

-Daniel

Im not sure between the NAD M-51 and the Eximus DP-1 yet but I'm most likely gonna get the Eximus DP-1 and pair it with the Job 225 Amp out to Vapor Cirrus speakers. (placed order today)

I'm 60/40 movies/music so from the comments that I've read, I cant go wrong with the Eximus DP-1 as dac.

With that ratio-I doubt it's possible to find a better dac that is suited to all of that so perfectly. I've heard good things about the M51, but never too much talk about it's soundstaging capabilities.

-Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back