Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Jun 4, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #721 of 779
Great review, many thanks for sharing!

Regards
K.

May 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #723 of 779
How's the durability in the cable?  From what I've read in other reviews the cable seemed to be a bit thin.  Do the ADDIEMs short out after a few months of use?

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #725 of 779

Quote:
How's the durability in the cable?  From what I've read in other reviews the cable seemed to be a bit thin.  Do the ADDIEMs short out after a few months of use?

I'm not going to lie to you and say the cables are thick and mine have lasted years, but they cables are thin, but the have lasted me for about the last six months, and are still going strong.  If you have an iPod in warranty, you can always make a warranty claim (they attach the warranty claim to your iPod).  I went in to get one small silicone tip for them; they replaced the whole headset :)

Just make sure you use a case with them and don't torture them :p

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #726 of 779
Hi everyone,
Thought I could share some of my experience here.
I'm new here, and thanks to you guys, I've immediately been addicted to IEM comparisons, spending hours to read all your comments on the forum...
I came to IEM through ADDIEM, and of course I was amazed to discover that ear-phones could actually deliver music \o/.
After now 18 months of everyday use and 3 pairs of ADDIEM (thanks to the warranty and eBay...), I'm certainly not disappointed by their sound. Just the build quality doesn't seem to resist my usage (rubber scratched out around the ear pieces as Maporter mentioned, ear piece and remote went down after cord folding at connection...). But most importantly, after joining Head-Fi and trying some Shure and Westone 2, my expectations have increased, and I think it's time for me to move on... I've pre-selected the Klipsh x10i for an upgrade.

Waiting for the money to get them, I've changed my last broken pair of ADDIEM on eBay (for 30$ from Australia, through Jake-deals seller http://stores.ebay.com.au/jake-deals), and upgraded the tips with some Shure triple flanges. The seal is much better, and it improved the microphonics issue a lot (if you support deep tips), just in case you have these kind of issue...

Well I'll certainly keep these little beasts around as secondary pair... Pretty good for money!

Cheers,
Oskar

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #727 of 779
Deal of the week, if anyone is looking for the Sony hybrid for their phones in NY.  Go to the Sony store at Madison Ave.  It is $1.99 per pack. 

I got this for conference calls and never like it, with the oem tips, it sounds thin, no bass, and no isolation what so ever (I know I do get a good seal).  The Sony tip really open this puppy up, it does not sound thin anymore and the bass is back.  The isolation is better but still not as much my custom IEM.  If someone on the fence to pick this up, you should really give it a try with the Sony hybrid tip.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #728 of 779
Hey guys, 

I just started an Apple In-Ear Headphone appreciation thread here; let's keep appreciating!

Windsor

Dec 6, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #729 of 779
Just a heads up for anyone have issues with the silicon tips falling out or getting damaged. Apple is fantastic in terms of replacing the tips completely free. It depends if the store (Genius Bar, make an appointment you idiot) has them in stock at the time, but they will likely just replace lost/damaged earbud tips for free with little to know hassle at all. Also, if you are having any issues with your less than 1 year old addiem's, Apple will happily replace them under warranty. Just my own experience after owning many pairs of addiem's since they have been released. (I have destroyed some after fairly hard use, the latest updated pair with better plastic plug, I have not had any issues with, just had to tips replaced once).

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #730 of 779
Are ADDIEM getting discontinued? I don't see them stocked at local Target and Bestbuy anymore. And then I read this article:
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/04/12/apple_looking_to_build_unibody_earbuds_through_ultrasonic_bonding.html

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #731 of 779
I picked up a pair of these today and so far have to I am actually impressed with their sound more than I would have thought. Very nice mids and treble with bass in line with my tastes for the most part. Can't believe I haven't tried these before now LOL. Certainly as worthy as other IEM's at this price point.

Jun 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #732 of 779
Quote:
I picked up a pair of these today and so far have to I am actually impressed with their sound more than I would have thought. Very nice mids and treble with bass in line with my tastes for the most part. Can't believe I haven't tried these before now LOL. Certainly as worthy as other IEM's at this price point.

At what price point exactly? :p  It seems to be hard to find real ones online for a reasonable price...

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #733 of 779
I actually went to the local Apple store and picked these up at full retail as they have a 14 day return policy in case I don't like these, so I paid $93 after tax. Will see how I feel in a few days, but so far I am enjoying these. I really have become less bass oriented and focus on the mids and treble.

In comparison to what I already own here is my breakdow (based on similarly designed IEM's)

HF3 comparison - More comfortable than HF3 with less microphonics and wind noise. More bass with similar mids and treble but not quite as much detail. Sound stage feels slightly more expansive.

Rocket R50 - better bass, mids, and treble. More detail, more transparency.

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #734 of 779
Quote:
At what price point exactly? :p  It seems to be hard to find real ones online for a reasonable price...

For the sound you get, I feel that they are priced decently.  They aren't an absolute value, but still priced reasonably from a company that wants money.  The build is what I think really brings it down more than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back