Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Dec 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #691 of 779
I think the sound of these is pretty good, especially for the $35 price I paid a few months back.

How can I tell if I have the newer IEM's or the old ones? I'm looking to buy some foam Comply tips.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #692 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by jt4266 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the sound of these is pretty good, especially for the $35 price I paid a few months back.

How can I tell if I have the newer IEM's or the old ones? I'm looking to buy some foam Comply tips.

If they sound good, then they're the new version
icon10.gif

Seriously... go look at Apple store Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

I'm currently doing some listening through iBasso T3 and... wow, these responds nicely with an amp. Bass is better, soundstage improves a little, overall more pleasing sound (T3 has low gain on).

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #693 of 779
Oh, BTW anyone tried Klipsch gels on these? I heard that Klipsch gels are one of the most comfortable tips and wonder how they compare to Sony hybrids I'm currently using. I wonder if they fit on ADDIEM but can't find any information.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #696 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was planning on getting these as a backup for my C710s. Demo'd them and wasn't that impressed. Do they improve after burn-in? Is there anything better for the money?

ADDIEM don't need burn-in since they're armatures. But I assume there's nothing better under $100 unless you bought TF10 for $99
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #697 of 779
I just got an Ipod Touch and after a little research decided to try the ADDIEMs since the earbuds are trash. My only other experience with IEMs was the Shure SE210-K which I left on a plane last year
frown.gif

Something weird with the Apples I can't get rid of: I can get them to seal, and the seal is very tight. Any movement of my jaw or and normal facial movements changes the quality of the sound dramatically - it's as if there is a force pushing on my ear drum (perhaps it is air pressure). So the bass will come and go, but the seal is still there, or so it seems. Sometimes it's a very underwatery sensation, or like my eustachian tube is clogged. I did not have this issue with the Shures - they had a different kind of tip.

I have tried the large and medium tips and have the same problem with both. The small ones are just too small for my ears.

I like the sound OK, I'm not as crazy of the sound as some, finding the sound a bit boxy and rolled off in the treble. But the real issue is the way the sound changes with jaw etc. movements. This issue is exacerbated when I am walking.

Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering whether it's the tip design, and wonder whether I'd have the same problem with any IEM with this type of tip.

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #698 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leigh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got an Ipod Touch and after a little research decided to try the ADDIEMs since the earbuds are trash. My only other experience with IEMs was the Shure SE210-K which I left on a plane last year
frown.gif

Something weird with the Apples I can't get rid of: I can get them to seal, and the seal is very tight. Any movement of my jaw or and normal facial movements changes the quality of the sound dramatically - it's as if there is a force pushing on my ear drum (perhaps it is air pressure). So the bass will come and go, but the seal is still there, or so it seems. Sometimes it's a very underwatery sensation, or like my eustachian tube is clogged. I did not have this issue with the Shures - they had a different kind of tip.

I have tried the large and medium tips and have the same problem with both. The small ones are just too small for my ears.

I like the sound OK, I'm not as crazy of the sound as some, finding the sound a bit boxy and rolled off in the treble. But the real issue is the way the sound changes with jaw etc. movements. This issue is exacerbated when I am walking.

Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering whether it's the tip design, and wonder whether I'd have the same problem with any IEM with this type of tip.

You might want to give Sony hybrid tips a try. I, too thought "this type of tip" is all the same until I tried Sony...

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #699 of 779
If you got an iPod for Christmas and are in the process of looking for some cheap good sounding IEM's, you could do a lot worse than purchasing these. For the money Apple got in bang on.

I'm really quite impressed with the sound of my ADDIEM's, when you take into account the price these can be purchased for online; they are a true great sounding bargain. A little light on bass, but great never the less.

Just make sure you spend time testing which tips give you the best seal.

Worth the money IMO.

Dec 30, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #700 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by maporter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you got an iPod for Christmas and are in the process of looking for some cheap good sounding IEM's, you could do a lot worse than purchasing these. For the money Apple got in bang on.

I'm really quite impressed with the sound of my ADDIEM's, when you take into account the price these can be purchased for online; they are a true great sounding bargain. A little light on bass, but great never the less.

Just make sure you spend time testing which tips give you the best seal.

Worth the money IMO.

Got any links? Looking to improve on the cx300's I'm using atm.

Cheers.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #701 of 779
Apple MA850G/A In-Ear Headphones with Remote & Mic: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

To be honest I purchased them direct from Amazon and paid £54, yeah I know I could have got a better deal off Fleabay; but I didn't want the hassle of waiting for them to arrive from outside the UK or be landed with a set of fakes.

For £54 I think they're great, the bass is there, the clarity is very good - I'm more than happy with them. However don't take my word for it, read the Amazon reviews and what people have said on this thread.

I have very narrow ear canals, I have major problems getting comfortable IEM's that don't hurt like hell after an hour of use. I'm using these with the smallest tips and fit is perfect, in fact the best to date and totally painless. Shure and Ultimate Ears all failed in this department.

I find I can sleep with ADDIEM's in all night and wake up the following morning completely pain free.

It's really too early for me to comment on the build quality, they seem to be reasonable; I haven't had any problems with the filters coming loose or the tips falling off as others have commented on. I seem to have the later version with the plastic covered jack plug, if that makes a difference.

So far so good.

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #702 of 779
Cheers for that. For the tenner or so saving might as well buy em in town and have done with it! Whats the isolation like as thats the main thing I'm intrested in.

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #703 of 779
Hmm, provided the stock silicon tips fit okay the isolation is pretty good (not perfect), but certainly as good as the CX300; although don't expect the same bass response from the ADDIEM's as you're currently getting from the CX300's.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #704 of 779
Is it safe to buy them on eBay ? Strangely the eBay prices are half as Amazon's ADDIEM price. Are there any sellers you could recommend or bought from and got originals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back