Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
May 4, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #348 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure you clean them real good before handing it to him. Oh yeah, winding the earphones in the carrying case is a PITA. You need to apply enough tension or else the plug won't slide/fit into the case properly.

You'll know what I mean when you wind them up.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for the tip. will it be safe to use rubbing alcohol on the tips? (I suppose I shouldn't touch the earphone itself at all)

May 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #349 of 779
May 5, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #350 of 779
Good question as to where they are getting them all. I ordered from a different seller (since my main supplier didn't have any yesterday) for $39 shipped (a wedding gift, along with a refurbed Shuffle). Again, my guess is some local retailer or Apple stores are selling returns in bulk or something. But it's all good. This my 5th pair (but only one for me).

May 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #351 of 779
Has anyone used ATH-ES7 and the ADDIEM before? I would love to hear a quick comparison. I know they are different beast. One is headphone and the other is in ear. But would like to know their SQ in side-by-side comparison of sort. I consider selling my ADDIEM and get ATH-ES7 as I'm quite clumsy with small delicate stuff.

So far the ADDIEM has been addictive and immersive for me. If I turn the light off close my eyes and enjoy the music, these little buds shine even better. I wonder if I would get that sort of immersion from ES7? or better?

May 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #352 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichobi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone used ATH-ES7 and the ADDIEM before? I would love to hear a quick comparison. I know they are different beast. One is headphone and the other is in ear. But would like to know their SQ in side-by-side comparison of sort. I consider selling my ADDIEM and get ATH-ES7 as I'm quite clumsy with small delicate stuff.

I own both.

ES7 - Bigger soundstage, more bass, less mids (which sometimes make me raise the volume, looking for something "missing" to be brought up) and a bit brighter (and that's after around 250 hours of burn-in ; I heard report it takes 500 hours for the ES7 to be properly burned in, so...).

In comparison, I would say the ADDIEM is more balanced. Which I guess is why I like them so much paired with the Touch 2G (which is already flat). Female vocals tend to come out better too, drums tend to sound more natural (especially snares).

I switched for the ES7, for a few days, after getting the ADDIEM for almost a month, and I went right back with the ADDIEM!

May 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #353 of 779
Amazingly fast response! Thanks so much. That sounds reassuring. And yes I know what you mean by that balanced and neutral- mid observation. Vocal does sound gorgeous on these buds! Although I wouldn't mind a little more high and a tad more immersive sound stage. Guess I will stick with em for a more while then go straight to Klipshe X10
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #354 of 779
Anyone has experience with Shure SCL4? How do you think it compares with ADDIEM?
I have an offer I couldn't refuse now as one of my friends plan to sell it for as low as 50 bucks in a mint condition while someone want to buy my ADDIEM for as high as almost retail price.

Would you think I will notice a marked performance improvement with SCL4? I used to have Shure E4C for a short period and I thought it was very good yet I couldn't remember precisely how it sounded it was like 3 years ago.

May 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #356 of 779
Good ADDIEM story. I needed to come up with a not-too-expensive wedding gift for friends, as it's costing us nearly $1,500 to get to the wedding in Florida (Marco Island, nice place, I hear). They said absolutely no gifts. But I couldn't resist. She owns a Touch 2G and he has no portable music (a college friend). So I got him a refurbed blue Shuffle for $39 (and loaded it with college-era tracks) and her a pair of ADDIEMs for $35. Plus, I bought a $10 4GB thumb drive and filled it with musical genres they like (I asked). So now it's 5 pair of ADDIEMs I've purchased at the $35 price, but only one for me. Their first fight as married people will be who gets to use the ADDIEMs, once they both hear them over the iBuds. I will send him the ebay link to get his own pair.

May 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #357 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ichobi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone has experience with Shure SCL4? How do you think it compares with ADDIEM?
I have an offer I couldn't refuse now as one of my friends plan to sell it for as low as 50 bucks in a mint condition while someone want to buy my ADDIEM for as high as almost retail price.

Would you think I will notice a marked performance improvement with SCL4? I used to have Shure E4C for a short period and I thought it was very good yet I couldn't remember precisely how it sounded it was like 3 years ago.

I think SCL4 has more bass. They show similar amount of details. SCL4 might have a little bit better soundstage. But I like the neutral sound of ADDIEM better. And after comparing their performance on a couple of songs, I feel ADDIEM sounds like more what the artist wanted the music to sound. SCL4 feels a little tweaked.

I would say, ADDIEM and SCL4 are still quite similar to me. Color is different. Bass is different. I like ADDIEM for its sound signature. And I like ADDIEM better because it is more comfortable, and lightweight. SCL4 is too heavy and the wire is not soft enough.

May 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #358 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by phytonix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I feel ADDIEM sounds like more what the artist wanted the music to sound.

Without comparing the ADDIEM to anything else, this is my exact thought to.

May 6, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #359 of 779
Wow. The more I read the more it seems ADDIEM is the real hidden gem here. You are all saying it rivals the SQ of the model that double its price, much like they are in the same league, save for some minor shortcomings like a notch lower soundstage etc... . I remember someone here also said it sounds better than ER4p.

Wish I have some more IEM to compare to. But yeah, as it is my ADDIEM does wonderful jobs. You guys post made me want to keep mine more and more O_O.

May 7, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #360 of 779
I am wondering whether anyone who tried Sony Hybrid buds on them and whether the SQ is improved?

My feelings are:

Original sounds more crystal clear. Less crowded.
Hybrid gave me a little more punchy bass. I guess anyone who use ADDIEM but would like a little more bass can try Sony Hybrid. But it feels crowded, a little less clear. But may be a little more entertaining for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back