Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Sep 11, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #766 of 779
Any idea on how the Apple IEM compares to the Etymotic HF5? I own the latter and looking at frequency response charts the Apple ones seem to have a bass boost that's lacking in the HF5 while staying roughly the same for the mid to high frequencies. How is detail compared between the two as well?
Yes, the Apple ADDIEM does indeed have a slight bass boost which makes it sound fuller at the bottom yet remaining detailed up on top. The HF5 sounds dryer in comparison.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #767 of 779
Problem now with the Apple IEMs is that they haven't been updated with the lightning connector for the iPhone 7 and later, so you'll be relying on the adapter. I'm now really hoping to find bluetooth earphone as good or better than the Apple IEMs.

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #768 of 779
Problem now with the Apple IEMs is that they haven't been updated with the lightning connector for the iPhone 7 and later, so you'll be relying on the adapter. I'm now really hoping to find bluetooth earphone as good or better than the Apple IEMs.
Try the KZ ES3 and pair it with Comply T400 tips and KZ's Bluetooth cable and you've got exactly what you're looking for an amazing price at Gearbest. Quite unbelievable really for the asking price. Here's my first impression of the KZ ES3: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1412#post-13715280

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #770 of 779
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #771 of 779
Thanks!
What would you say are the pros and cons of each?
The pros of the Apple ADDIEM is that it sounds more engaging with the extra low end and pros of the HF5 is that it may sound clearer with the linear bass response that allow the other higher frequencies to come forward at the expense of sounding dry to many who prefers a more engaging sound.

Oct 8, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #772 of 779
First time poster. I have been a user of the ADDIEMs for several years now and they've been great for podcasts as I commute. However, I find them a little lacking in both sound isolation and in bass when listening to music. Mids are excellent, but bass really needs more oomph.

I purchased comply tips which greatly helped with the sound isolation but i tore through three pairs quite literally in just under 3 weeks taking them in and out. They just aren't that durable at all.

So, I followed the advice of several posters on here and secured Sony hybrids and then back-filled the flange with comply memory foam. This helped with fit and sound isolation at the expense of comfort. My ears tire much more quickly and become uncomfortable after a coupe of hours. However, i did notice that I improved the bass somewhat when pressing both earpieces when listening to music, although it's not exactly a great solution at all.

So, my question to posters is has anyone with a good experience with any double or triple finagle tip that would fit the ADDIEMs? I think a deeper sitting in my ear will help with bass and I'd to try before the cable (on its last legs) finally gives out and I have to decide which pair of IEMS i get next with replacement cables... Perhaps a pair of Shure 215s, or FiiiO F5s or something similar.

Oct 8, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #773 of 779
Try the KZ ES3 and pair it with Comply T400 tips and KZ's Bluetooth cable and you've got exactly what you're looking for an amazing price at Gearbest. Quite unbelievable really for the asking price. Here's my first impression of the KZ ES3: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1412#post-13715280
Thanks again for the tip. Finally received the ES3 and they really are good! Impressively controlled bass and tight, crisp, yet not harsh highs. I'll consider the Comply tips, but as-is I'm really impressed!

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #776 of 779
First time poster. I have been a user of the ADDIEMs for several years now and they've been great for podcasts as I commute. However, I find them a little lacking in both sound isolation and in bass when listening to music. Mids are excellent, but bass really needs more oomph.

I purchased comply tips which greatly helped with the sound isolation but i tore through three pairs quite literally in just under 3 weeks taking them in and out. They just aren't that durable at all.

So, I followed the advice of several posters on here and secured Sony hybrids and then back-filled the flange with comply memory foam. This helped with fit and sound isolation at the expense of comfort. My ears tire much more quickly and become uncomfortable after a coupe of hours. However, i did notice that I improved the bass somewhat when pressing both earpieces when listening to music, although it's not exactly a great solution at all.

So, my question to posters is has anyone with a good experience with any double or triple finagle tip that would fit the ADDIEMs? I think a deeper sitting in my ear will help with bass and I'd to try before the cable (on its last legs) finally gives out and I have to decide which pair of IEMS i get next with replacement cables... Perhaps a pair of Shure 215s, or FiiiO F5s or something similar.

I use the ADDIEM with Sony hybrid large tips, plain, without any foam back-filling, and they are really good and quite comfortable. Bass is improved and the whole sound is quite balanced and detailed. I also have been using Shure SE215 for many years, but I find ADDIEM to be a better earphone. Due to the double armature drivers, it is clearer, more detailed and more balanced that the Shures which are colored with a big bass boost that I don’t like...

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #778 of 779
cracked the housing a bit when boring in the mmcx plugs, but it's still solid. sony hybrid tips. still enjoying these.

1663002731457.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back