AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 10, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #4,142 of 4,614
hi. anyone has comparison of ap80pro to hiby r3pro? anyone used them form some time and has winner?

hiby r3 pro sabre uses same chips as ap80 pro and hiby is physically bigger

it can do more. it has wifi i think for streaming services

personally i dont like the headphone port on the top.

also the tiny size of the ap80 allows me to tuck it in my pants waistband when walking in cold weather

Jan 10, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #4,143 of 4,614
Thanks, that's what I did I think. I click on "Files", then Micro SD card. I can then select a file and it will play all the files in the directory, and then in the next directory.
My question was a to play from a selected root directory.

If my SD card is organise like this
mp3/DirectoryA/AlbumA/
mp3/DirectoryA/AlbumB/
mp3/DirectoryB/AlbumA/
mp3/DirectoryB/AlbumB/
mp3/DirectoryB/AlbumC/
How to play all files in the DirectoryB ?

It's not a tag problem, just understanding how to play with the files.

i contacted hidizs and told them to add a PLAY FOLDER option on the same menu area as the delete folder option

omnia music player for android has the ability to play a whole folder.

but with ap80 you would have to have play through folders option on then go into the folder and play the first song then it would keep playing through everything in that main folder. then you could turn shuffle on. but it would only shuffle whats in each individual sub folder as it plays through the folders to the next and next

otherwise u have to use tags. for example i can play all my files in alternative rock folder because they all have the same alternative rock genre tag.

Jan 11, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #4,144 of 4,614
hiby r3 pro sabre uses same chips as ap80 pro and hiby is physically bigger

it can do more. it has wifi i think for streaming services

personally i dont like the headphone port on the top.

also the tiny size of the ap80 allows me to tuck it in my pants waistband when walking in cold weather
and sound differences? which one do you prefer in sound matter?

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #4,147 of 4,614
For anyone interested and with thicker wallets:

In 2 days you can buy the limited to 399 units worldwide Hidizs AP80 Pro Titanium.

Screenshot_20210118-194642.png

P.S.
I just got delivered today my Casio G-Shock Titanium with carbon fibre band :xf_cool: .

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #4,148 of 4,614
For anyone interested and with thicker wallets:

In 2 days you can buy the limited to 399 units worldwide Hidizs AP80 Pro Titanium.

Screenshot_20210118-194642.png

P.S.
I just got delivered today my Casio G-Shock Titanium with carbon fibre band :xf_cool: .

ive always like the stealth of black the best. im not a flashy guy

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #4,150 of 4,614
Does the AP80 Pro have the wobbly knob problem that the AP80 has?

they have the same knob i think. i had ap80 for one year and now i have ap80 pro for about 6 months. the knobs wobble a small amount but it doesnt bother me

set replaygain tags in all your files with foobar2000 then you wont have to use the volume.

Jan 24, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #4,151 of 4,614
they have the same knob i think. i had ap80 for one year and now i have ap80 pro for about 6 months. the knobs wobble a small amount but it doesnt bother me

set replaygain tags in all your files with foobar2000 then you wont have to use the volume.
Thanks.....I guess that it's not a big deal, but it's still disappointing that the problem wasn't fixed. Even though I think that the ap80 might be good enough for what I'd use it for (outside when running and/or cycling). High quality sound is priority #1. I assume both the ap80 and the ap80 pro would be comparable in sound quality while running or cycling. The improvements of the ap80 pro would be nice, but for my purposes, they may not be necessary. However if the pro didn't have the wobbly volume knob, I might lean toward it.....little things like that bother me. Another complicating factor is that I currently own the ap60II. I'm not sure if the ap80 is enough of an upgrade to warrant its purchase.

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #4,152 of 4,614
Thanks.....I guess that it's not a big deal, but it's still disappointing that the problem wasn't fixed. Even though I think that the ap80 might be good enough for what I'd use it for (outside when running and/or cycling). High quality sound is priority #1. I assume both the ap80 and the ap80 pro would be comparable in sound quality while running or cycling. The improvements of the ap80 pro would be nice, but for my purposes, they may not be necessary. However if the pro didn't have the wobbly volume knob, I might lean toward it.....little things like that bother me. Another complicating factor is that I currently own the ap60II. I'm not sure if the ap80 is enough of an upgrade to warrant its purchase.

i cycle with music, but i have to wear a hoodie in order to keep the wind noise off the headphones. which i cant do if its really hot out

Jan 29, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #4,155 of 4,614
After the first year or two, I begin to suspect it's not coming
The world's biggest optimist... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
(I lost hope on that one a year or 2 ago)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back