AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,496 of 4,614
ya thats the promise, and the illusion.

wanna buy a magic wand that will magically make your music better? poof abracadabra!

doesnt work if its going through your computers sound card before it reaches the ap80

unless you want to setup foobar wasapi properly and have that hassle and limitation (assuming it even does what it claims)

shouldnt it work properly by default without special 3rd party software?
All of this is great and whatever, but I enjoy the sound coming from the AP80 more than I do the sound coming from my laptop’s headphone jack. I’m satisfied. I honestly don’t care in the slightest as to paranoid fantasies regarding how that sound has reached my ears.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #3,497 of 4,614
All of this is great and whatever, but I enjoy the sound coming from the AP80 more than I do the sound coming from my laptop’s headphone jack. I’m satisfied. I honestly don’t care in the slightest as to paranoid fantasies regarding how that sound has reached my ears.

great, but i rather make sure what im hearing is the truth and not a placebo.

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #3,500 of 4,614

Like the empty vessel you are making the greatest noise. All you've done is whinge and rant about nothing, even after myself and others have tried to help and enlighten you on the facts. Show some dignity man, do some reading, and stop embarrassing yourself.

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #3,501 of 4,614
I've started to like my AP80 more than my LG V30, from a purely sonic standpoint. Am I crazy?

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,502 of 4,614
I've started to like my AP80 more than my LG V30, from a purely sonic standpoint. Am I crazy?
You’re not crazy! There are so many subjective factors that come into play when listening comparatively between devices. That said, even though both devices utilize the same DAC chip, there are technical factors which could vary the sound profile between the two. Amplification would be the most significant, and it’s possible you prefer the amp used in the AP80 versus the one in the LG. Software and processing can also create significant differences.

In my personal opinion, I would say don’t doubt yourself, and don’t reach too far for answers that might not be there or might not satisfy you. If you really enjoy a sound, be happy, roll with it, and enjoy all of your favourite music. Once you start digging too far deep into what’s “right” and what’s “wrong”, you’ll start allowing reviews from strangers like me to dictate what you “should or should not” be buying and what you “should or should not” be perceiving. You would be doing yourself a great disservice.

Glad you’re loving the sound profile of the AP80. I really love it as well ~

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,503 of 4,614
Seriously? After all my effort to explain? I give up! :D

(when ap80 is connected in dac mode) how can a player on my computer be playing a song, and the equalizer on that player is working, and not be using my computers sound card?

the player can process the sound file and equalize it without using the sound card? just raw data? and then send that data to the ap80 sound card?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #3,504 of 4,614
Yes, but you don't understand how computers work and find this all to be very difficult and cumbersome. Some the most basic things about how pcs work seemed to not be known to you (the plugging the ap80 into a pc and seeing all the files on the ap80 was highly amusing as one of numerous examples). Which is why watching people try to explain this to you is highly amusing.

All of this has been explained online before. You could read it. But much more fun for you, and I guess me, to just skeptically question with no research done and a complete unwillingness to take any steps necessary to use dacs in the windows environment.
It's complicated on android. You have to deal with the os resampling your audio unless you've done something to account for it.
On apple, iTunes doesn't work with flac files, so you need a separate player and can't record your meta data or use smart playlists.
Actually when I spell it out.... The only logical explanation that isn't trolling is that they truly are technically uninformed and it will be hard to explain it to them without them also taking initiative to learn some of it on their own without each aspect needing to be spoofed.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #3,505 of 4,614
Yes, but you don't understand how computers work and find this all to be very difficult and cumbersome. Some the most basic things about how pcs work seemed to not be known to you (the plugging the ap80 into a pc and seeing all the files on the ap80 was highly amusing as one of numerous examples). Which is why watching people try to explain this to you is highly amusing.

All of this has been explained online before. You could read it. But much more fun for you, and I guess me, to just skeptically question with no research done and a complete unwillingness to take any steps necessary to use dacs in the windows environment.
It's complicated on android. You have to deal with the os resampling your audio unless you've done something to account for it.
On apple, iTunes doesn't work with flac files, so you need a separate player and can't record your meta data or use smart playlists.
Actually when I spell it out.... The only logical explanation that isn't trolling is that they truly are technically uninformed and it will be hard to explain it to them without them also taking initiative to learn some of it on their own without each aspect needing to be spoofed.

they should built computers with OTG ports. so you can connect a usb cable, turn on otg mode, and see all your files from internal hard drive/s on any external dap or phone etc... even bluetooth otg mode too.

5 yrs from now it will exist

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #3,506 of 4,614
they should built computers with OTG ports. so you can connect a usb cable, turn on otg mode, and see all your files from internal hard drive/s on any external dap or phone etc... even bluetooth otg mode too.

5 yrs from now it will exist

LOL....

Have you messed with the AP80 settings. There's an option for that. Please, play around with the AP80 before making questions.

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #3,507 of 4,614
LOL....

Have you messed with the AP80 settings. There's an option for that. Please, play around with the AP80 before making questions.

current methods only work with external, not internal, storages

and it wasnt a question, it was a prediction

LOL....

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #3,510 of 4,614
(when ap80 is connected in dac mode) how can a player on my computer be playing a song, and the equalizer on that player is working, and not be using my computers sound card?

the player can process the sound file and equalize it without using the sound card? just raw data? and then send that data to the ap80 sound card?
Yes!
The software on your computer has to translate the series of zeros and ones that are stored on your hard drive into something that a DAC understands. DACs do not process sound files, they process the digital audio stream once it has been decoded from whatever file format into a raw stream. So, the software on your computer does the digital signal processing to convert the file into audio data that the DAC understands. As part of that DSP process, it is possible to modify the audio before it gets sent to the DAC.

Just as with a sound card built into the computer, the external DAC is just converting the digital stream of processed audio into analog sound waves that a speaker understands. Headphones are analog. Speakers are analog. The digital-to-analog converter does that piece of the process, but it's not the only step between FLAC (or MP3 or DSD or whatever) and headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back