AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
May 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #2,942 of 4,614
Since the change log for the 1.1 firmware leaves a bit to be desired in explaining what changed, and the full manual remains an almost-certainly apocryphal item never to be seen, here's some user notes on the latest firmware:
  • The blank playlist which cannot be deleted returns from the 1.01 firmware
  • There is a new option to disable recording steps. This maybe disables saving a permanent log, as the step counter functions no matter what this is set to.
  • There is a new option to lock the volume wheel. This disables the ability to use the volume wheel completely, not just while the screen is off.
Anyone else have any items of note? I assume we will never hear from the Hidizs team again, so we're on our own!
-----------
For reference, here is the official changelog (my notes in parentheses):
1. Fix the invalid date of the setting date (don't know what the problem was, I never noticed an error with date/time settings).
2. Add a playback status bar on the top (indicator which shows whether you are in shuffle, repeat one, or repeat all mode).
3. Add a volume control knob feature (detailed above).
4. Fix individual Flac music playback errors (never noticed any errors with my FLAC files).
5. Add a status bar to detect if it in line with the current status (no clue what this means).
6. Fix known bugs and improve the using experience (vague to the point of uselessness).

May 27, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #2,943 of 4,614
I think it can't be done if you need the volume knob to unlock the player. It would have been great if they had implemented a long-press for lock/unlock with the play/pause button.
BTW the resume function now works when you turn off and on - however from player mode to bluetooth and back it's not still not working. Most importantly for me the on-screen buttons in music player screen now work.
The AP60II has an interesting two-step to turn off the player when the screen is off - first you have to tap the power button to wake it up, then hold the power button to turn it off. Holding the power button when the screen is off does nothing. It's one method that would actually make more sense on the AP80 than it does on the AP60 (which doesn't use the power button for anything other than turning the screen and device on and off).

May 28, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #2,944 of 4,614
D2408dEUwAALgYB.jpg

So someone has any update on AP80 copper since? Interested how it's coming along.

By the way I have not been in this thread sometime. So not only @kenloveme disappeared,
I don't see the presence of @IryxBRO ,the thread starter, in here recently.
All people got pissed off and moved on? Well, I stay. I still enjoy my AP80 anyway...

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,945 of 4,614
So someone has any update on AP80 copper since? Interested how it's coming along.

By the way I have not been in this thread sometime. So not only @kenloveme disappeared,
I don't see the presence of @IryxBRO ,the thread starter, in here recently.
All people got pissed off and moved on? Well, I stay. I still enjoy my AP80 anyway...

I am here and following the thread. Still happy with my AP80...

May 28, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #2,948 of 4,614
mmmh With the latest FW the device lost very often the settings and in this case the playback position....issue not fixed with this update....
* replay from the last position -> not fixed
* database caching (all items such cover and other items) missed -> not fixed
* problems with power off by a mistake due to missing lock mechanism -> not fixed
* pre-gain for EQ settings not set after reboot -> the device lost the last pre-gain setting in many cases (in a combination of different bands) -> not fixed
and so on.. I don't why I should be happy!

May 30, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #2,950 of 4,614
In your opinion which device is better in sound ??
shanling m0 or hidizs ap80 ??

If you compare only the sound quality and nothing else ...

I'm probably not going to give you a very useful answer. I use both devices to transmit LDAC quality to Sony 1000XM3s. I would suspect that the biggest influence on the quality of what I hear is the DA conversion and amp of the Sonys. I really honestly cannot tell a difference between the two sources in this mode.

When I listen with the same headphones wired I also don't recall hearing any noticeable differences. I have not done any critical comparisons. Sorry I can't be more help.

May 30, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #2,952 of 4,614
In your opinion which device is better in sound ??
shanling m0 or hidizs ap80 ??

If you compare only the sound quality and nothing else ...
For me, the M0 is one step above the Ap80, especially with more detail ... even if the M0 is a very good DAP

May 31, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #2,954 of 4,614
@Ido77 The two phrases in your answer seem confusing & contradictory. You mind clarify?
Sorry. I confuse.
I mean "the AP80 is one step above the M0, especially with more detail ... even if the M0 is a very good DAP'
By détails I mean less smooth and a little more clarity, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back