AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jun 1, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #2,958 of 4,614
I bought this dap yesterday

Since updated to 1.1 the eq doesn't work, dac too. When i plugged in with my xperia xzp, the dap suddenly shutting down without "goodbye message" and time settings resetted.. screen also not responsive after unlock from standbye mode and need to restart

Dowgrade to 1.0.1 same as before.
Do downgrade again to 1.0 and the touchscreen completely not working.

I don't know what should i do next, this is my second dap after shanling m0. And now my new dap completely unusable

V1.1

V1.0

EDIT: it's working now, they have send me the firmware file and how to update using buttons

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #2,959 of 4,614
Sorry. I confuse.
I mean "the AP80 is one step above the M0, especially with more detail ... even if the M0 is a very good DAP'
By détails I mean less smooth and a little more clarity, yes.
The M0 has stable software and has a backup second to none.
The forum thread, has been and still is, looked after the most thoughtful representative of a DAP company .
Something that all these bozo makers should take note off.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #2,960 of 4,614
hi there, i just bought this device and update it to the firmware v1.1,, i have some issue when i turn on the standby mode / sleep mode.
when i try to activate the device after the device enter the standby state, the touch screen didnt respond at all, and i have to reboot the device to use the touchscreen again. is this a known bug / issue?

any help would be appreciated

edit :

uhh i just read the upper post about the standby touchscreen issue,, where to contact hidizs besides the contact us button from their website?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #2,961 of 4,614
hi there, i just bought this device and update it to the firmware v1.1,, i have some issue when i turn on the standby mode / sleep mode.
when i try to activate the device after the device enter the standby state, the touch screen didnt respond at all, and i have to reboot the device to use the touchscreen again. is this a known bug / issue?

any help would be appreciated
Was it plugged into a power source? If the AP80 goes to standby while it's drawing power, it won't wake up but will only power off when you pull the plug. It's a bug (feature?) that has persisted since the initial delivery.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #2,962 of 4,614
Was it plugged into a power source? If the AP80 goes to standby while it's drawing power, it won't wake up but will only power off when you pull the plug. It's a bug (feature?) that has persisted since the initial delivery.
nope, i just toggle the standby button and let the device do nothing for a minutes or two, when i try to unlock the device, the touchscreen didnt work. its exactly like in the axlyody's video
V1.1

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,963 of 4,614
nope, i just toggle the standby button and let the device do nothing for a minutes or two, when i try to unlock the device, the touchscreen didnt work. its exactly like in the axlyody's video
V1.1

Maybe there's something specific with the screensaver option. Try turning screensaver to OFF and see if you get the same behavior. I'm not excusing the complete lack of support from Hidizs, but the more data you have on replicating the error, the more chance they might fix it in the next beta firmware, due in 2020 or 2021?

Jun 12, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #2,964 of 4,614
IMG_20190613_102226.jpg

Dac function decided it will suddenly stop working. It worked perfectly ever since I got this January. Any idea on how to fix this?

Jun 13, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #2,967 of 4,614
Oh my god! They fixed the DSD hiss problem! Thank you Hidizs.
And now to be fair.... I can truly say that this is one very fine device. With all of it’s features including LDAC and MSEB, it is the best small device that I can think of, for the money.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #2,968 of 4,614
Wow an actual FW update. I thought as is it’s ana amazing sounding device and I love the EQ and other options, it just needs a few tweaks

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #2,969 of 4,614
all the other gaps
Oh my god! They fixed the DSD hiss problem! Thank you Hidizs.
And now to be fair.... I can truly say that this is one very fine device. With all of it’s features including LDAC and MSEB, it is the best small device that I can think of, for the money.
... with file limitation, bad database, worst volume knob, power on / power off gaps, setting issues and so on...
yeah, boy :)

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,970 of 4,614
all the other gaps

... with file limitation, bad database, worst volume knob, power on / power off gaps, setting issues and so on...
yeah, boy :)
Haha. Well, I didn’t say it was perfect, but I can deal with some shortcomings. Honestly, I can’t reach the file limit with a 512gb card (Flac, hires flac, and DSD). I don’t mind the wheel. What database issues and settings issues are you having? Maybe I’ve overlooked something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back