AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #1,517 of 4,614
My issue is that I have a house move on the 20th December. I have emailed Hidiz twice and added posts to Kickstarter comments twice and not one answer from them. I am patient for the device but losing patience with the lack of response. I know it seems a small company but it is very frustrating and putting me off the company for any future purchases. All I need is to change my postal address to my work address.
It's either that or wait for Hidiz to request my address again which seems more likely than a response. :unamused:

Ken - If you have any contact with the postal team please can you please help me update my address? I would be most appreciated of any help you can give me. Thanks

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #1,518 of 4,614
Not much info on Kickstarter page either, one person said they received theirs and it sounds good lol. But don’t know if it’s legit and where he is located. So basically useless info.

Be patient ha ha, :wink: like I told kenloveme- what choice do we have. Don’t mind waiting at all, but I do mind hyping stuff ‘are you reaaaady?’ And absolute lack of any substantial info, like just be patient we’ll have an update.

Update? What the hell, we would just like our shipping info. Update sounds like more stalling and bs to me.
Who knows? Some of those guys who said they already got their unit might just be trolling lol, just to mess around with the other anxious backers. And yes, I think the problem with Hidizs is that they heightened the backers' expectations regarding shipping schedule.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #1,519 of 4,614
Who knows? Some of those guys who said they already got their unit might just be trolling lol, just to mess around with the other anxious backers. And yes, I think the problem with Hidizs is that they heightened the backers' expectations regarding shipping schedule.

Yes If Hidiszz really started shipping when they said they did, more people would have their units by now if not all of us. Then on top of that, silence and really no solid news on where anything stands in reguards to production and shipping.

Just makes them look shady. I’m already worring about whether LDAC support will ever come to light, going by their track record on previous player updates it doesn’t look good.

They are probably getting it out to retail suppliers first to cash in on Christmas sales. I mean they already have OUR money lol.

I mean you can say whatever you want, but it’s the actions that count. Talk is cheap.

Hopefully they get their crap together and start getting the things in people’s hands soon.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #1,520 of 4,614
I hate to say it, but I 100% agree, they need to get their crap strait. I did not back the Kickstarter, but was planning on buying one. Now it is looking more and more like I will by a Hiby R3 or Cayin N3. Luckily I will be waiting until years end to see how this all play out.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #1,521 of 4,614
Hi all! Here are some really IMPORTANT NEWS that I am sharing to you guys from our KS page:

@All Dear backers! We have a couple updates and news for you regarding the AP80.
First, we would like to thank you all for being so patient and supportive! The wait is finally over and we have some good news for you!

AP80 officially has LDAC! We've finally made it! We are currently testing the LDAC embedded and we plan to release it by the end of next month. So you will be able to update it!

Regarding the shipping status, we've already shipped out the HK orders and some of the backers already received it. As for the orders in the USA, we've already shipped out the AP80s to the US warehouse! Hopefully, they will be able to dispatch all the AP80s in the States by the end of the week, so you can finally receive your AP80s next week! (Due to some events like the Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the shipping might be bit slow. So, we are not 100% sure about the US delivery time, but rest assure that the units have already arrived in the USA.)

Regarding the rest of the world, all the units will be shipped out by the end of this week! Expect to receive a tracking numbers from us by the end of next week! However, there is a shortage of 150-200 red AP80s currently. We are expecting to get these red models by mid December. We will send out emails for the backers that are concerned by this and will ask if you prefer to wait or change to another color.

We understand how excited you are to get your AP80 ASAP. We want to get it to you as fast as we can too. We hope that everything was clear, thanks again for your understanding and patience!

(hopefully everything is clear for you guys :))

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #1,522 of 4,614
Hi all! Here are some really IMPORTANT NEWS that I am sharing to you guys from our KS page:

@All Dear backers! We have a couple updates and news for you regarding the AP80.
First, we would like to thank you all for being so patient and supportive! The wait is finally over and we have some good news for you!

AP80 officially has LDAC! We've finally made it! We are currently testing the LDAC embedded and we plan to release it by the end of next month's OTA!

Regarding the shipping status, we've already shipped out the HK orders and some of the backers already received it. As for the orders in the USA, we've already shipped out the AP80s to the US warehouse! Hopefully, they will be able to dispatch all the AP80s in the States by the end of the week, so you can finally receive your AP80s next week! (Due to some events like the Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the shipping might be bit slow. So, we are not 100% sure about the US delivery time, but rest assure that the units have already arrived in the USA.)

Regarding the rest of the world, all the units will be shipped out by the end of this week! Expect to receive a tracking numbers from us by the end of next week! However, there is a shortage of 150-200 red AP80s currently. We are expecting to get these red models by mid December. We will send out emails for the backers that are concerned by this and will ask if you prefer to wait or change to another color.

We understand how excited you are to get your AP80 ASAP. We want to get it to you as fast as we can too. We hope that everything was clear, thanks again for your understanding and patience!

(hopefully everything is clear for you guys! :))

YAAAAAAASSS!! UPDATES! Lol

Looking forward to that Tracking number.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #1,523 of 4,614

AP80 officially has LDAC! We've finally made it! We are currently testing the LDAC embedded and we plan to release it by the end of next month's OTA!

Yap, it is clear that no unit have been sent and you have been told the contrary since almost one month. A good way of having trust.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #1,524 of 4,614
Yap, it is clear that no unit have been sent and you have been told the contrary since almost one month. A good way of having trust.

Trust? You backed a kickstarter project. How many have you done?

I can see loads of people on here tearing their hair out.
They said this they said that.
God I've got to wait another week,two weeks.

Been through that with other Dap suppliers on kickstarter.

Your all better off not looking at the forum ,getting on with your lives and wait.

Your only winding yourselves up :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #1,525 of 4,614
Trust? You backed a kickstarter project. How many have you done?

I can see loads of people on here tearing their hair out.
They said this they said that.
God I've got to wait another week,two weeks.

Been through that with other Dap suppliers on kickstarter.

Your all better off not looking at the forum ,getting on with your lives and wait.

Your only winding yourselves up :)

What has to do that is a Kickstarter product?

I have backed a lot and some have had delays, like the other I have now. But the owners have been transparent and they have told the truth since the start.

Perhaps you like being lied, but I don't like people or companies that lie.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #1,526 of 4,614

Finally, at least somehow you admitted that there will be delays. That's what the people are wanting to hear, and I think you should've been honest and transparent from the start. Well, if there's a shortage of the red AP80s, then it's fine for me if we change it to black, just in case there's still a shortage of the red ones at the time of shipping, and it's my 2nd option anyway.

What has to do that is a Kickstarter product?

I have backed a lot and some have had delays, like the other I have now. But the owners have been transparent and they have told the truth since the start.

Perhaps you like being lied, but I don't like people or companies that lie.
Yes. Being honest and transparent isn't that hard to do, to be fair. I think it wouldn't hurt to do so. In fact, there's a lot to lose if they are flipping and flapping around with their statements, instead of being just honest from the beginning.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #1,527 of 4,614

Ok that’s good news on both accounts, however ha ha If they all got shipped to the US at the same time- why did they let me spend 20 bucks on express shipping?

That’s one reason why I wanted my tracking number so I check and see if it was really sent Express. Luckily or unluckily my surgery got delayed because of an infection so I will be home until I finish antibiotics

So I should be there for receipt.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #1,528 of 4,614
Ok that’s good news on both accounts, however ha ha If they all got shipped to the US at the same time- why did they let me spend 20 bucks on express shipping?

That’s one reason why I wanted my tracking number so I check and see if it was really sent Express. Luckily or unluckily my surgery got delayed because of an infection so I will be home until I finish antibiotics

So I should be there for receipt.
I have the same concern, too. I want to make sure that they ship it out via express shipping, as I already paid an extra US $20.00 for that. I don't want my 20 bucks to be wasted, LOL!

Just want to make things clear, @kenloveme. Please clarify.

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #1,529 of 4,614
I have the same concern, too. I want to make sure that they ship it out via express shipping, as I already paid an extra US $20.00 for that. I don't want my 20 bucks to be wasted, LOL!

Just want to make things clear, @kenloveme. Please clarify.

Well I’m kind of confused on the express shipping- I thought we’d get express shipping from China to our doorstep, and a tracking #. Fast shipping in the states is pretty cheap- I can get overnight shipping for 20 dollars on such a small item.

So yes unless we recieve ours tomorrow or Tuesday it’s been wasted and I wouldn’t have bothered with it.

Nov 26, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #1,530 of 4,614
Well I’m kind of confused on the express shipping- I thought we’d get express shipping from China to our doorstep, and a tracking #. Fast shipping in the states is pretty cheap- I can get overnight shipping for 20 dollars on such a small item.

So yes unless we receive ours tomorrow or Tuesday it’s been wasted and I wouldn’t have bothered with it.
Well, according to @kenloveme, they'll use DHL on express shipping, but I won't hold my breath for that until I receive a tracking number that proves they'll use DHL. I still do hope that they acknowledge a backer's request for express shipping. I mean, we already paid extra for that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back