AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 23, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,486 of 4,614
Right there with you. I feel sorry for Ken, if he doesn't have the answers he gets slated for not answering customers, if he passes on the information he's given from the shipping company and it's not detailed and accurate he gets grief. When Kickstarter's platform Fs up... yep... he gets the grief.

Can't win either way.

KEN - WE FEEL FOR YOU BRO :left_facing_fist:

I'm just looking forward for updates over the next few weeks, and I'm sure we'll get them.

The problem is that it seems that they are just lying. When you see in their Facebook posts that they expect to START the shipping on November 20 and here @kenloveme only gives vague comments and puts the blame on the shipping company it starts to smell fishy.

The answer is easy, have they started to ship or not, stop with the bull about updates soon.

And I bet that those "fake sellers" already have the units given by hidiz. They are just playing with the backers

Nov 23, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #1,488 of 4,614
It is still there

Not for me, it's not... I even had put it in my cart, saved it in my account, and it got removed. Plus, If I now go to Penon's website (direct website, not Aliexpress store), and search for AP80, it says that "there is no product that matches the search criteria". And if you go to brand and select "Hidisz", there's no AP80 listed.

So, I beg to differ :) .

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,489 of 4,614
Wether it’s there or not I don’t care, it’s definitely on Ali Express and they are in my experience legit. All I want is some real news on what’s going on, not ‘we’ll have an update very soon’ every passing week.

I don’t care if it’s delayed, just let us know exactly what the situation is. It can’t be that complicated really to find out Unless the shipper is the NSA :wink: or some other Alphabet agency.

Nov 23, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,490 of 4,614
The problem is that it seems that they are just lying. When you see in their Facebook posts that they expect to START the shipping on November 20 and here @kenloveme only gives vague comments and puts the blame on the shipping company it starts to smell fishy.

The answer is easy, have they started to ship or not, stop with the bull**** about updates soon.

And I bet that those "fake sellers" already have the units given by hidiz. They are just playing with the backers
As much as I don't like to say this, but indeed, something is fishy. Sorry, Ken, but you can't blame the people if they are starting to doubt at this moment. Hidizs keeps on referring those resellers as unauthorized, but AFAIK, some of those are reputable sellers in AliExpress (I know they're reputable, as I've bought previously on those sellers before), as I said earlier. I think they really did ship out last week, but only for the HK backers, and maaaaaaybe the AliExpress resellers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if those people who bought from AliExpress sellers got their AP80's first than us backers. "Laughable" is an understatement to that situation if it happens. XD

Wether it’s there or not I don’t care, it’s definitely on Ali Express and they are in my experience legit. All I want is some real news on what’s going on, not ‘we’ll have an update very soon’ every passing week.

I don’t care if it’s delayed, just let us know exactly what the situation is. It can’t be that complicated really to find out Unless the shipper is the NSA :wink: or some other Alphabet agency.
I agree. Those two sellers that have the AP80 are far from being "fakes" Hidizs have been claiming, but they'll still insist those are unauthorized. Same case here, I also don't care if it's delayed. It wouldn't hurt for Hidizs if they just be honest, instead of being inconsitent and vague.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #1,491 of 4,614
As much as I don't like to say this, but indeed, something is fishy. Sorry, Ken, but you can't blame the people if they are starting to doubt at this moment. Hidizs keeps on referring those resellers as unauthorized, but AFAIK, some of those are reputable sellers in AliExpress (I know they're reputable, as I've bought previously on those sellers before), as I said earlier. I think they really did ship out last week, but only for the HK backers, and maaaaaaybe the AliExpress resellers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if those people who bought from AliExpress sellers got their AP80's first than us backers. "Laughable" is an understatement to that situation if it happens. XD

I agree. Those two sellers that have the AP80 are far from being "fakes" Hidizs have been claiming, but they'll still insist those are unauthorized. Same case here, I also don't care if it's delayed. It wouldn't hurt for Hidizs if they just be honest, instead of being inconsitent and vague.

Supposedly I "won" an AP80 in the August contest, but now when I inquired about a date for shipping Hidiz responded by asking if I was part of the Kickstarter campaign.

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,493 of 4,614
I don't mind waiting for my kickstarter order, but it's unnerving that I was able to order from Ali with DHL shipping before I even get a tracking number. Would seem that Hidizs figures they already have our money so get them to distributors before the holidays to make even more money. Good business financially, bad business for customer satisfaction.

I have to DISAGREE (Respectfully) with this. This is not good financial business, unless they are going out of business after the AP80. I don't crowdfund DAP devices because of these kind of tricks. I will not be a future customer of Hidizs, and I am sure there are others based on the results of this campaign.

Also, my memory may be faulty, but I thought the AP80 price through the campaign was more than the $139.95 Ali price...

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,494 of 4,614
I have to DISAGREE (Respectfully) with this. This is not good financial business, unless they are going out of business after the AP80. I don't crowdfund DAP devices because of these kind of tricks. I will not be a future customer of Hidizs, and I am sure there are others based on the results of this campaign.

Also, my memory may be faulty, but I thought the AP80 price through the campaign was more than the $139.95 Ali price...
From how the things are going, same case here.

Regarding AP80's KS price, the price in Kickstarter is still cheaper vs AliExpress' price, around $115.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #1,495 of 4,614
AliExpress says it's a pre-sale product. Estimated shipping November 29th. Estimated. My Stainless Steel version isn't there, or on Penon. I feel like my tracking number will be in the beginning of December. I'm not annoyed yet, but I will be if it drags on and on.

Nov 23, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #1,497 of 4,614
id be more worried if this was their first rodeo, but its their third KS right? Were there problems with things like delays and such? Surely some slack could be given based on if their previous kickstarters went okay? I'm not too worried right now. I know things can be delayed etc. Also about the third party sellers, I dont see listings as any proof that they have items and such. Anyone can pre list things, you see games go up for preorder all the time without any dates. Unless people start receiving from these places then no one should be condemning them that they stocked them over us backers first.

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,499 of 4,614
I’ve received 2 Black Friday email from Hidisz today and both times I got excited and thought it was my tracking info lol

Sadly no.

Edit: Make that 3 Black Friday emails today from Hidizs, What!

I got a promotional email from them last week asking if I wanted to save 10%.

I replied- No but I’d like my AP80 though :wink: ha ha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back