AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 29, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #1,141 of 4,614
Ok guys! Lots of requests regarding the pictures. Unfortunately right now I am on a business trip so I don't have everything with me. But I can share you these pictures so you can make up your mind :)

Note: The AP80 is not the final version, it an old prototype version. Just sent it to you guys so you can see how it would look like with the size and stuff.

Note2: as I am busy, I do not have time to edit and shoot super good looking pictures, Hope you guys understand haha. Hope that these pictures will help!

IMG_9976.JPG IMG_9978.JPG IMG_9979.JPG IMG_9980.JPG IMG_9981.JPG IMG_9983.JPG

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #1,143 of 4,614
I dunno why others have issues with their surveys, but I didn't encountered any when I filled it out. The "No Response" option is available on my end. Anyway...

On these two pics, I presume this is the promised free silicone case from the second stretch goal, right?
@mono-type it happens yeah, for some reason. Yes it will be the silicon case :)

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #1,144 of 4,614
I'm getting grey too (wanted blue).
Ive ordered the bgvp DMGs too in blue, but not arrived yet... Have you posted anything in the DMG thread? - would like to hear your thoughts! Hoping they pair well soundwise with the AP80! :wink:
Nope not posted in the thread yet... but they're good... damn good :wink: not messed with the other filters yet or tried through any of my dacs/daps but just straight of my phone amd laptop at work they sounded superb with foam tips, so they will no doubt sound even better out of some decent gear.

Incredibly solidly made and super comfy. I think once ive settled in which filters to us I might thread lock them in place as they seem to come slightly loose each time you take them out amd put them back in. Other than that slight little niggle theu are flawless though.

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #1,145 of 4,614
Nope not posted in the thread yet... but they're good... damn good :wink: not messed with the other filters yet or tried through any of my dacs/daps but just straight of my phone amd laptop at work they sounded superb with foam tips, so they will no doubt sound even better out of some decent gear.

Incredibly solidly made and super comfy. I think once ive settled in which filters to us I might thread lock them in place as they seem to come slightly loose each time you take them out amd put them back in. Other than that slight little niggle theu are flawless though.
Thanks, Crezo! Glad you are enjoying them! , really looking forward to getting my set. Ive seen a few comments about the nozzles getting loose already, i was already thinking of doing the same thing, have thread-loc ready. Think they should sound good with phone or DAP, that blue woulda been so sweet with a blue AP80 though! (sorry for the sidetrack guys)...

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,148 of 4,614
Hmm... I thought silicone case will be made in clear to show off colour.. That brown colour will end up hiding the AP80's colour. :cry::face_palm:

Well unless that’s an ‘old’ one in the picture but yes I’d prefer a more clear case. Or translucent black or grey, but brown?? Lol.

Of course those pictures aren’t the best so maybe it looks better in person. ...

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #1,149 of 4,614
The Silicon case is actually grey! But for some reason, because of the light, it looks brown haha.

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,151 of 4,614
backer #750
chose gray + black leather case. Now the wait begins. Even I would prefer translucent / clear silicon case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back