AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,157 of 4,614
Couple of new pictures while testing with Magaosi HLSX-808

_DSC7774.jpg

_DSC7770.jpg

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #1,158 of 4,614
Regarding the free silicone case, personally it doesn't matter to me if it's the glossy clear gray one (the one they showed on the stretch goal pics) or the matte smoke gray one (the one kenloveme posted one page ago). What matters to me is additional protection for the AP80. (Though it would be cooler if it's the glossy one, haha.)

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,160 of 4,614
I must say the screen is looking really dapper on these photos - much better than on 'Bad Guy Good Audio' video.
Really looking forward to get the AP80 in hand!

You shouldn't worry about AP80 screen quality. It is really one of the best that were ever used in DAPs. Sharp, good resolution, wide viewing angles, good calibration and adequate max. brightness...

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,161 of 4,614
Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,162 of 4,614
November isn't too far off now, I only just remembered we are in October! Hopefully schedule keeps on track. What amp/dac would pair well with the ap80/do you guys plan on using? I don't plan on rushing out and getting one straight away and I wanna use it just with the Seeds for awhile. But I would like some information in regards to good options in like sub 200 range. How adaptive is the EQ on it? Sorry if this message is a bit of a jumble, I'm running on lack of sleep D;

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #1,163 of 4,614
November isn't too far off now, I only just remembered we are in October! Hopefully schedule keeps on track. What amp/dac would pair well with the ap80/do you guys plan on using? I don't plan on rushing out and getting one straight away and I wanna use it just with the Seeds for awhile. But I would like some information in regards to good options in like sub 200 range. How adaptive is the EQ on it? Sorry if this message is a bit of a jumble, I'm running on lack of sleep D;

Seeds are a good pair for AP80. Seeds balanced + AP80 + Sonata DH1000 is a good combination. But I would say that I like the sound of AP80 and there is no need to jump to another DAC chips in Sonata.

EQ is adative but MSEB is doing even better - more control over common audiophile terms

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,164 of 4,614
Yes, it looks vivid in @IryxBRO's pics, a far cry from the washed-out screen in Bad Guy Good Audio's vid. Well, we'll see if we finally got our AP80 in our hands this November. XD

I'd tell you more - even my pictures have a bit bleached colors compared to real life. This is due to high brightness of the screen and overall contrast to black exterior - I would usually reduce contrast in post to get rid of huge difference in shady and lit areas. Consequently, screen contrast is reduced as well.

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #1,165 of 4,614
I'd tell you more - even my pictures have a bit bleached colors compared to real life. This is due to high brightness of the screen and overall contrast to black exterior - I would usually reduce contrast in post to get rid of huge difference in shady and lit areas. Consequently, screen contrast is reduced as well.
That was exactly my thoughts - in Bad Guy's video the brightness was turn up way too high - if i'm not mistaken in a subsequent video (AP80 vs R3) he did mention this and adjusted the brightness accordingly. Anyway the AP80 seems that its all good stuff and we can hardly wait for November to come.

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #1,166 of 4,614
Seeds are a good pair for AP80. Seeds balanced + AP80 + Sonata DH1000 is a good combination. But I would say that I like the sound of AP80 and there is no need to jump to another DAC chips in Sonata.

EQ is adative but MSEB is doing even better - more control over common audiophile terms
thanks for the reply.,

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #1,170 of 4,614
I would love to see some actual pics of the stainless steel version - just hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back