AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 25, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #391 of 4,614
RE: Hidizs AP80 vs Shanling M0. Hopefully early next week unless the maestro @twister6 gets his done first :wink: then it will be well covered anyway.
Expat

I'm giving you head start, my review sample of ap80 won't arrive until mid of next week :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #396 of 4,614
New joiner and backer number 1102. Also a Kickstarter Virgin. Currently running Audio-Technica ATH M50X, and Soundmagic E10C through a Fiio E10K via Laptop or phone. No previous DAP experience. Very basic setup so really looking forward to hearing the difference. Now looking to upgrade the earbuds ready for Oct/Nov.

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #397 of 4,614
New joiner and backer number 1102. Also a Kickstarter Virgin. Currently running Audio-Technica ATH M50X, and Soundmagic E10C through a Fiio E10K via Laptop or phone. No previous DAP experience. Very basic setup so really looking forward to hearing the difference. Now looking to upgrade the earbuds ready for Oct/Nov.

ATH-M50 sound very good with AP80. I also own those and think that it is a very good match.

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #398 of 4,614

Welcome to head fi, or as I like to call it the nut house :wink: I guess it goes without saying, sorry for your wallet.

I think you picked a nice dap for your first one.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #403 of 4,614
@Luhar like i said on one of my previous posts, 3,000 units are currently under production, and since our KS campaign is doing great my boss placed 5,000 units more! But since some units are already being manufactured, I think there is a high chance that we might be ready to ship the first dispatch a month earlier than expected! Which means, in late October instead of November (but please seriously, do not tell my boss or he will kill me lol)
Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to this very much, just joined the drop @ MassDrop for the CA Lyra IIs, can't wait to pair it with the AP80.

Also,
Cosmetic question: based on Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews the device shows markings for each input (it says in big white letters "Type C" under the port for example). My question is will the final units have the same? Or is the whole device sort of inconspicuous? I personally would prefer no writing anywhere, I think most users will know which port is which :wink:

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #404 of 4,614
@FSTOP : Thank you very much. The AP80's channel seperation figure is very high comparing to other mid-fi DAPs on Single-End output (usually around 60-80dB).

AP80 Ch Seperation.JPG

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #405 of 4,614
Hmm, I think to match the rest of the player the "type-c" and "headphone jack" will be labeled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back