1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. IryxBRO
    Yep, but there were some complains about inserting microSD card right... which caused some damage. It means that at least microSD card slot should be labeled with the corresponding icon

kenloveme and Luhar like this.
  2. Zachik
    OK - taking you on your word... I have joined the campaign!

kenloveme likes this.
  3. okinear
    Hi all,
    New here (or maybe signed up years ago but lost the info after an HD crash!) too. Backed the AP80.
    Owner of a Sennheiser HD600 I wonder if the headphone impedance (300 ohm) won't be too high for the player to drive it correctly?!?!

BetterLate likes this.
  4. TheRH
    Although it does say it will drive 300 ohm headphone, you will want to use a headphone amp, as you always want headroom. My rule of thumb is 15%, as in never exceed 15% of the capacity of this case impedance.

For me, I will stick to running IEM's for now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Luhar and abitdeef like this.
  5. TheRH
    What earphones will you guys run with the AP80?

6. abitdeef
    Meize 99 classics, ak t8ie mkii.

7. abitdeef
    Hey I just watched HBB’s vid and the AP80 has the magic 8 ball dsp settings ( pretty cool ) and all 8 dac filters supported by the ess dac, not just 2. Plus a 10 band Eq

For those who like to tinker with the base sound these are some pretty cool things. :)

kenloveme, FSTOP and Luhar like this.
  8. buddhashenglong
    Koss KSC-75 and DJPRO 200.

9. Luhar
    CA Lyra 2

10. Chrisrd
    Tin T2.

I was wonderning, will some sort of screen protector be included with the AP80?

TheRH likes this.
  11. okinear
    Maybe on the edge with the HD600... Will likely fit the Resonate IEM from Rockjaw Audio in (16ohm).

12. FSTOP
    Yes, i was thinking it might benefit even more with a balanced output, but for its tiny size and price point, 105dB is not bad! And i mainly just want that easy portable use. Just hope it can drive my pinnacle P1 well enough, as i do not intend on using another amp with it.

13. CactusPete23
    I don't think I've seen over 80db channel separation for a single ended portable DAP before. Not sure I can hear the difference; but 105db channel separation seems amazing to me.

FSTOP likes this.
  14. abitdeef
    Theoretically the higher channel separation should produce a wider sound stage. I don’t know how they achieved that since the amp is built into the dac, maybe higher quality output resistors and capacitors?

If true, it’s very impressive for a dap this size and price point.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    chaiyuta and FSTOP like this.
  15. MisterMudd
    I'm in on the campaign. Will make an outstanding birthday present for me!! Can hardly wait.

kenloveme, TheRH and abitdeef like this.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last