AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 24, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #376 of 4,614
I wish I had the funds to be a backer but unless more are added, and I have to wait for next month if possible. Or purchase it at retail. :frowning2:
@TheRH I would advise you to buy it now as you can have your AP80 with a lot of perks at a very interesting price. If you buy it from our online shop after the campaign ends, the retail price will be higher and you would also have to buy the perks (like the case) separately, which will be more expensive. Also since our campaign is working really well now, they go fast.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #377 of 4,614
Can we expect to be surprised with early shipments due to the MASSIVE success of KS?
+vote for Red color device + black case
:)
@Luhar like i said on one of my previous posts, 3,000 units are currently under production, and since our KS campaign is doing great my boss placed 5,000 units more! But since some units are already being manufactured, I think there is a high chance that we might be ready to ship the first dispatch a month earlier than expected! Which means, in late October instead of November (but please seriously, do not tell my boss or he will kill me lol)

Aug 25, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #378 of 4,614
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #380 of 4,614
@Luhar like i said on one of my previous posts, 3,000 units are currently under production, and since our KS campaign is doing great my boss placed 5,000 units more! But since some units are already being manufactured, I think there is a high chance that we might be ready to ship the first dispatch a month earlier than expected! Which means, in late October instead of November (but please seriously, do not tell my boss or he will kill me lol)

any idea roughly how long shipping will take?

Aug 25, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #381 of 4,614
Aug 25, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #382 of 4,614
Ok guys. Thank you very much for the advices and thumbs up for making FAQ.

I've already gone further with structure and development of first post in this thread. Now it is well orginized (thank you HeadPie) and has all necessary links and main info. I've also moved my review to the 3rd post to keep the 1st one only for FAQ. I would be going over new posts at least once per day to add it to the FAQ index. PM me if you think that I've missed something important. Thank you

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #383 of 4,614
Ok guys. Thank you very much for the advices and thumbs up for making FAQ.

I've already gone further with structure and development of first post in this thread. Now it is well orginized (thank you HeadPie) and has all necessary links and main info. I've also moved my review to the 3rd post to keep the 1st one only for FAQ. I would be going over new posts at least once per day to add it to the FAQ index. PM me if you think that I've missed something important. Thank you

@IryxBRO @ExpatinJapan Thank you guys for the super work you are doing!

Your feedbacks and ideas for the AP80 are welcome, you will help us improve it constantly! :D Let us know what you think about it and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions as well! :D I will do my best to answer them all! (it would also take some time because I need to double check with the team)

Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #387 of 4,614
@xuyiguanyinsi sorry I dont have the Hiby R3.
Quite a different device with other features and at twice/thrice the price of a Hidizs AP80 or Shanling m0.
Size being similar though.

No doubt someone else will be able to do all three soon. A couple of reviewers have the Hiby r3 and m0 and will probably get the AP80 review unit.

*For most people I recommend to think about features, then price/budget.
————————-

@IryxBRO thanks for the shout out about redesigning the OP together

————————-

@kenloveme yes I will keep emailing any feedback on the AP80 to your colleague (nothing too major folks, no bugs so far- just tweaks).
I will message them to you also.

——————————

RE: Hidizs AP80 vs Shanling M0. Hopefully early next week unless the maestro @twister6 gets his done first :wink: then it will be well covered anyway.

Either way the campaign has taken off so a vs/comparison at this piong may be moot.

Later,...after the weekend
Expat

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #388 of 4,614
I was thinking of a small blob of an antenna that has a 3,5mm jack .
I use a bluetooth headphone and if I am to listem to FM radio I also need to have a pair of heaphones plugged in?
Will be a bit odd :) Would it even work ? does the 3.5mm jack cut off bluetooth?

Maybe this could have been incorporated into the unit
https://www.cambridgewireless.co.uk...antenova-launches-internal-fm-antenna-module/

@Vimtoman
Something like this could have been useful...
upload_2018-8-25_8-5-26.png

...but sounds like the AP80 doesn't broadcast FM over BT.

Aug 25, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #389 of 4,614
Hi.I was a bit of late bird, but a backer
#1078 now.
Although I loved portability of music, my troops have grown too big as a result of too much of SQ comparison.
I hope this new toy brings me back
the eary days of exiting portability!!

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #390 of 4,614
For what’s its worth I thought the M0 sounded a bit more dynamic than R3 and a better treble response- well stronger. I personally preferred the sound of the M0. I felt the R3 sounded great also and was smoother and a touch warmer and a touch more refined.

I never tested the balanced out of the R3 either. I feel a lot of the sonic signature is down to the cans iems you are using, and your preferred sound signature. For instance I thought the Sony a45 sounded better with my sound magic ie 80 than the M0, but the M0 sounded better with my ak t8ie mkii.

Anyways if AP 80 has a similar sound to M0 or better, lots of people are going to love the sound which is close to neutral but with some energy in the bass and treble regions for a more fun- musical- dynamic sound and not analytical with smooth evenly spaced mids and a nice sound stage. And

Can’t wait to try AP 80! I do love M0 but this will be easier and more convenient to operate ( like R3 ) but still very compact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back