1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. xuyiguanyinsi
    I will vote for the Red!

kenloveme likes this.
  2. j4100
    Too hard to choose! All three look great.

kenloveme likes this.
  3. chaiyuta
    How about purple with a green knob, Evangellion EVA01 Theme~~

EVA01.JPG

drkp80 and kenloveme like this.
  4. Ashish100
    These are great options!! All are great colours and difficult to choose. Red should look funky!

kenloveme likes this.
  5. IryxBRO
    I would post this quiry to Hidizs tech team as well. Constant charge definitely should be avoided. I'd reply as soon as I'd get a reply.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  6. crezo
    I'd much rather it stay with charging in dac mode, there's nothing worse than seeing that battery go down and then having to stop listening to get it to charge up again.

The Shanlings do the same and with modern battery tech it shouldn't kill the battery life too much.

7. IryxBRO
    It seems that this thread already has lots of interesting infromation, some repeating questions and would develop further. Therefore, I have decided to create FAQ and index to find valuable infromation quicker. This FAQ+Index would be placed right at the top of the first thread post for easy navigation. Whenever you feel that something should be added here - plase, PM me and I would add... I'd be monitoring the thread myself but a little help would be great in case if I've missed something.

FAQ&Index:

1. Current FW version: 0.07beta
    2. First short video that was posted here
    3. Hidizs AP80 vs Shanling M0 size comparison
    4. Bad guy hands on review
    5. HeadPie menu photos
    6. Another video review
    7. Headpie input on sound quality
    8. Would LDAC be implemented?
    9. AP80 vs M0 sound quality input
    10. Another AP80 vs M0 sound quality input
    11. Official person from Hidizs comes to this thread
    12. Greeting from kenlovesme (official Hidizs guy)
    13. Does AP80 support Spotify?
    14. LDAC certification
    15. DAB or FM radio?
    16. What about future support of FW?
    17. Podcast support?
    18. Two way LDAC?
    19. aptX support?
    20. When would the production start?
    21. Name engraving?
    22. Some input on comparison to Fiio x3, e12, etc
    23. Icon to insert microSD card?
    24. HeadPie additional menu photos
    25. Input on comparison to pionner xdp-02u and hiby r3
    26. Stainless steel version?
    27. True lineout?
    28. AAC support?
    29. Audiobooks support?
    30. Does it have Wi-Fi?
    31. Cable acts as antenna for FM radio, does it record FM stations?
    32. Protective case for AP80
    33. Band for AP80 to fit on hand
    34. Which colors are available?

8. vladstef
    The optimal thing would be to charge battery and once it hits 100% to just bypass it and provide power directly. Many devices don't do this however, they charge it to 100% and then a cycle of charging/discharging starts, keeping the battery around 100% but all this time battery is being used. This wouldn't be optimal for a device that some might use for longer periods of time in this fashion, that is, as a USB DAC. Even smarpthones don't do this well, but, they aren't to be used as a desktop device and you don't care as much about smartphone batteries as they are often easily replacable and smartphones' lifetime is already limited to a couple of years only.

Essentially, the question is about taking care of your device, because if it's slowly dying by being conected to a PC, you might as well be careful and not use it often in this way.

9. Rob Mac
    Please
    http://s966.photobucket.com/user/Poto****et/media/AP80_case.jpg.html

10. FSTOP
    The Aptx-HD codec requires a specific Qualcomm chip (hardware), as it uses SoC... so it cannot be implemented with software updates. I too, was hoping it would be used in the AP80, as i already have aptx-HD capable receivers. The Sony LDAC is not necessarily chip-dependent, so i certainly hope Hidizs gets the authorization to implement it (although i do not have receivers yet for ldac) in the AP80 for at least one higher-res BT codec.

11. FSTOP
    Looks nicer than i thought it would. Ive already funded AP80 in superearlybird, can i still add a case now? :wink:

abitdeef likes this.
  12. FSTOP
    Yes, just what i thought, the first picture of the "flip" is the BACK side of the case, not the front "cover".

13. abitdeef
    I’d like to know this also. :wink:

14. Rob Mac
    Also, can you make a grey or black case?

vladstef likes this.
  15. Vimtoman
    That looks good :)

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last