AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #888 of 4,614
well, after few days with recent beta FW I must admit that top bar is much more responsive now, so idea to move top sliding menu to the bottom one was really good :)

I can complain about that:

1.Usually, people got used to swipe down gesture from their phones. It is more natural habit
2. Scrollable information at the bottom of the screen is closer to the edge and wrong swipe results into unintended list scroll. Whereas there is always some static infromation at the top of the screen that won't move even if the gesture was wrong.

Therefore, I would prefer to have the same combined menu but by swiping from the top

Sep 12, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #889 of 4,614

1.Usually, people got used to swipe down gesture from their phones. It is more natural habit
2. Scrollable information at the bottom of the screen is closer to the edge and wrong swipe results into unintended list scroll. Whereas there is always some static infromation at the top of the screen that won't move even if the gesture was wrong.

Therefore, I would prefer to have the same combined menu but by swiping from the top

on the small screen it causes to many confusions when tapping on top buttons. of course, mowing this to down menu isn't ideal solution, but it's much better then no fix for that at all

Sep 12, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #890 of 4,614
FAT32 works, you can load music any time you like. AP80 would scan it for music.

I would definitely use exFAT or NTFS because that gives you the possibility to use one of the AP80s greatest features: ISO playback. With FAT32, you are limited to 4gig file size, of which a large multichannel file will go over...you do not have that restriction with either of the others. I personally think exFAT isd best for these non-computer players and that's what i use.

And yes, to the person that asked about DSD ISO playback, it does support that which is terrific (take that Fiio!). I believe the updated chip is quick enough to handle both DSD and DST (CPU-intensive multichanel!). THis long-underground format is starting to be used by commercial music entities such Pentatone as shown below due to its incredible convenience. Top that off with HIby 3.0 included which can play ISO directly, and this looks like a major improvement over the A200 in that capacity.

pentatone.JPG

Sep 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #891 of 4,614

I agree swipe up from bottom interferes with the track scrolling . swipe down from top would be better.

Sep 12, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #892 of 4,614
I would definitely use exFAT or NTFS because that gives you the possibility to use one of the AP80s greatest features: ISO playback. With FAT32, you are limited to 4gig file size, of which a large multichannel file will go over...you do not have that restriction with either of the others. I personally think exFAT isd best for these non-computer players and that's what i use.

And yes, to the person that asked about DSD ISO playback, it does support that which is terrific (take that Fiio!). I believe the updated chip is quick enough to handle both DSD and DST (CPU-intensive multichanel!). THis long-underground format is starting to be used by commercial music entities such Pentatone as shown below due to its incredible convenience. Top that off with HIby 3.0 included which can play ISO directly, and this looks like a major improvement over the A200 in that capacity.

Thanks! Now that’s the kind of thing I like to hear! :)

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #893 of 4,614
@FSTOP I am not sure about what was your process but did you added HKD$115 on your current pledge HKD$909, so on the AP80 only reward?
If yes, I would suggest you to modify your pledge to the the HKD$1024 which reads AP80 with Leather case to avoid any confusion :)
I just made this correction as I had done the same thing. Thanks!

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #894 of 4,614
@FSTOP I am not sure about what was your process but did you added HKD$115 on your current pledge HKD$909, so on the AP80 only reward?
If yes, I would suggest you to modify your pledge to the the HKD$1024 which reads AP80 with Leather case to avoid any confusion :)

@kenloveme,
Done. I've changed it to the ap80+leather case pledge.
Thank you! :)

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #896 of 4,614

I agree swipe up from bottom interferes with the track scrolling . swipe down from top would be better.

@IryxBRO @Vimtoman We understand, it is a habit to swipe down from the top of the screen to get the quick menu but I think that swipe up from the the bottom is something we can get used to it after some times. And I've tried swiping on the playlist section and didn't have the issue with the scrolling stuff. :)
But yes we chose to implement it on the bottom because the top was less responsive.

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #897 of 4,614
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #898 of 4,614
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #899 of 4,614
@IryxBRO @Vimtoman We understand, it is a habit to swipe down from the top of the screen to get the quick menu but I think that swipe up from the the bottom is something we can get used to it after some times. And I've tried swiping on the playlist section and didn't have the issue with the scrolling stuff. :)
But yes we chose to implement it on the bottom because the top was less responsive.

It interfere's when scrolling through music.
It would activate the swipe up screen when you did not want it to.
The action is the same.

Like i've mentioned before the swipe up and down options you would not use that often.
Scrolling through music you do all the time as this is a music player.
Not an option changer :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back