1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. kenloveme
    @djricekcn We already paid Sony for the certification :) still waiting! It usually takes 1-2 months, hopefully we will have it for Christmas! (as a Christmas Gift :D)

2. djricekcn
    How long does this this device take to build data base? Is it based on File Size or File Count?

How much would it take for a 200gb worth of normal flac files (40-60mb each) to compile a data base on this device?

3. IryxBRO
    32GB card full of music is scanned for about 10-15 seconds. Extrapolating would result into about a minute

4. okinear
    Is the scan taking place each time the player is switched ON, or once for each SD card (considering that nothing has been changed on the card)?

5. djricekcn
    Thank you

6. IryxBRO
    As I've understood it goes like this:

1. If the card was ejected => autoscan on => scan
    2. if the card was ejected => autoscan off => no scan
    3. if the card was not ejected => autoscan on/off => no scan
    4. manual start of scan available

7. Galeonero
    Hello, I am interested in this product but I have a duad I see that they have put it on a page where they support and test their products, nowadays it is worth $ 115. When it is released for sale to the public, will this price remain?

8. kenloveme
    @Galeonero Thanks for your interest in the AP80 :D! To be honest, I would advise you to buy it now as you can have your AP80 with a lot of perks at a very interesting price: it is $115 for the AP80 alone on Kickstarter. If you buy it from our online shop after the campaign ends, the retail price will be higher, which will be $159. So if you buy now, you can save around $40 on the get go. Also, if you want to buy the perks (like the case or Seeds earphones), you will have to buy them separately, which will be more expensive. There's only 6 days left before the end so better hurry :)

9. RampantAndroid
    I've been digging (still am, sorry if I missed it) - is there more info on this?

I'm specifically curious how this works:
    - What controls the volume - the phone, or the AP80?
    - Can the AP80's control audio playback (eg play/pause, next/previous track)?

Thanks!

10. cshark
    @kenloveme, can you shoot red AP80 with black leather case?

11. IryxBRO
    If you connect phone to AP80 using HibyLink => volume is cnaged on AP80 using smartphone
    If you connect phone to AP80 as external DAC => you can restrict the volume on phone in HibyMusic and control it on AP80

If HibyLink is used => controls are done from phone AND AP80
    If DAC is used => controls are done from phone|PC

12. okinear
    Ok, thanks.
    Likely more convenient to manage the files with the player connected to the computer than to manipulate the microSD.
    Mostly 3. with some 4. manual scans when needed.

13. Vimtoman
    I just use the manual scan.
    Last thing you need is it auto scanning when you dont want it to.

14. okinear
    4 days to go...
    The hardware is set... early production...What about the FW?
    Any last minute info before the end of the campaign... LDAC... bit-perfect line output?

15. abitdeef
    Cmon 240k! I wants that smoke gray silicone case :wink: regarding LDAC see top of last page, they paid the fees and applied.

So is that like ‘the check is in the mail’ ?? Idfn

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last