AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
May 25, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #3,856 of 4,614
1073CDA7-0304-4BDC-975A-8D822E933761.jpeg

i really like the AP80 and the AP80 pro kicks it up a notch via the 2.5mm - basically echoing @twister6 on the previous page ‘wider soundstage, more sparkle in treble...blacker background’ etc etc

i usually carried the AP80 as a daily back up dap (to a larger dap). So it the AP80 OG has proved itself to me as a solid workhorse dap on the daily go. I expect the same from the Pro after long term use.

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #3,857 of 4,614
DD Hifi has an adapter like this at a much cheaper price. I have also done a video on their adapters here.
DD Hifi Adapters for all Audiophile Enthusiast (DJ44A/DJ35A/TC38B/DJ44B/DJ44C)

DDhifi makes fantastic affordable little adapters, but there is no gnd connection between 4.4mm and 2.5mm, only two differential pairs of signals are connected. That other PWA adapter "borrows" gnd from 3.5mm jack. But regardless, yes, PWA adapter is very expensive, cost close to ap80 Pro itself :) PWA makes them for A&K daps as well, for their fixed 2.5mm/3.5mm jacks spacing. For $3.5k dap the price of PWA adapter could be justified. But for ap80 Pro, this adapter is too expensive and nearly doubles the size of this little mini dap :wink:

Screenshot_20200425-235841_Chrome.jpg

May 27, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #3,859 of 4,614
One thing, dealing with this company as a paying customer- well both times it has been a horrible experience. I ordered mine in early April and payed for express shipping and something happened (I don't know for sure) that caused it not to move for 3 weeks- after it had been supposedly shipped. And I still don't have it.

I understand things may happen, but when you are lied to and ignored, well what can I say. I'm sure the ap80 pro will be decent, but I will never deal with Hidiz again. My advice to paying customers is stay away. Or at least wait till it is on amazon so you don't directly deal with them.

Or better yet if you're in the US like me, get an hiby r3 pro from musictech and you WILL be taken care of.

In short, with my 2 experiences with Hidiz, if there is a problem, they will say anything to placate you. (but nothing will happen) Then they will ignore you for a while, then promise something that won't come to fruition, then ignore you for a while- then rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #3,860 of 4,614
One thing, dealing with this company as a paying customer- well both times it has been a horrible experience. I ordered mine in early April and payed for express shipping and something happened (I don't know for sure) that caused it not to move for 3 weeks- after it had been supposedly shipped. And I still don't have it.

I understand things may happen, but when you are lied to and ignored, well what can I say. I'm sure the ap80 pro will be decent, but I will never deal with Hidiz again. My advice to paying customers is stay away. Or at least wait till it is on amazon so you don't directly deal with them.

Or better yet if you're in the US like me, get an hiby r3 pro from musictech and you WILL be taken care of.

In short, with my 2 experiences with Hidiz, if there is a problem, they will say anything to placate you. (but nothing will happen) Then they will ignore you for a while, then promise something that won't come to fruition, then ignore you for a while- then rinse and repeat.
I don't understand exactly what happened to you. Did you get your AP80 Pro in the end or not?

May 28, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #3,868 of 4,614
20200528_162749.jpg

1. Original cable from box + Samsung adapter.
Having issue if the "white side" connecting to phone only show as "powerbank" DAC won't work. Work with UAPP no Noise.

2. C > C (Forgot which brand)
Totally won't work only show charging to phone.

3. Samsung normal usb c cable.
Noise while using UAPP. "Maybe too long cable"

4. Samsung powerbank cable Samsung Adapter.
Work with UAPP no Noise.

3 and 4 using the same Adapter from Samsung.

Noise is there while using others apps... 😅
Another annoying thing is when connected to phone as DAC It show charging the AP80 Pro.
20200528_162749.jpg
received_369540807336406.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back