AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Apr 14, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #3,766 of 4,614
When will the copper version be up for sale?

I have no idea. Hidizs just confirmed a red copper limited edition but no estimated time of arrival.

Apr 14, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #3,767 of 4,614
Apr 14, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #3,768 of 4,614
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #3,772 of 4,614
I got the email about the pro as well, couldn't find any details regarding shipping or if a pre order at this stage

https://www.hidizs.net/products/ap80-pro

you can add it to the cart

shipping is free to USA

I would try not to order it right now though do to COVID-19 and currently USA customs pretty much has a halt on almost all international shipment and most countries are not accepting USA shipments either.

also, this time i don't see reviews done by people so it's a bit worry since they usually ship out review units first before preorders.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #3,773 of 4,614
https://www.hidizs.net/products/ap80-pro

you can add it to the cart

shipping is free to USA

I would try not to order it right now though do to COVID-19 and currently USA customs pretty much has a halt on almost all international shipment and most countries are not accepting USA shipments either.

also, this time i don't see reviews done by people so it's a bit worry since they usually ship out review units first before preorders.
i have been receiving packages from china almost daily the last week so i dont think its to bad right now. i had three show up in one day on saturday. i have the original and after that mess this would have to be a really hard think for me before getting another hidiz. even after dealing with their cust support about the battery issues i had i never ended up getting a replacement unit. i have 2, one just sits in a box after i ended up opening it and couldnt find a battery that would fit. im about to modify a new back housing to hold a different battery. and its a shame becuase i did otherwise like the unit minus a few small things

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #3,774 of 4,614
i have been receiving packages from china almost daily the last week so i dont think its to bad right now. i had three show up in one day on saturday. i have the original and after that mess this would have to be a really hard think for me before getting another hidiz. even after dealing with their cust support about the battery issues i had i never ended up getting a replacement unit. i have 2, one just sits in a box after i ended up opening it and couldnt find a battery that would fit. im about to modify a new back housing to hold a different battery. and its a shame becuase i did otherwise like the unit minus a few small things

Luckily for me, the AP80 I received (from Kickstarter) is good and is still good. The one time I did have issues, they were prompt enough (about 4 or 5 days for reply) and did send me replacement parts.

I will say though that it wasn't quite the same for others. With Hidizs, I think they do make good Cost x Performance items and I enjoy their MS-4 and AP80 for the cost of it. But, although not me directly, their customer service is a bit close to non-existence.

Apr 15, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #3,779 of 4,614
That might be a hard sell when Hiby R3 pro is 199 with better hardware, double the battery and BT 5.0

and Tidal and Qobuz streaming.

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,780 of 4,614
I'm trying the 'pro' myself, I personally liked the sound of the vanilla ap80 over the original r3. So I'm curious on that front with the balanced out. Also there's no way the r3 pro has double the battery life, I'd say I get about 11 to 12 hours from the balanced out. The ap80 pro is supposed to be 9 hours from the balanced out.

I also just liked the form factor of the ap80, yep no streaming but I've got that covered anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back