1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last
  1. Seb Julien
    They already answered about the copper:

The difference between AP80 Copper and other colors of AP80 is the difference in exterior color and material. AP80Copper is made of pure copper material with no surface treatment, so the body is easy to oxidize and reacts with sebum and oxygen in the air while using it. You can enjoy a variety of ways to enjoy, such as aging by oxidization, and enjoying the polished surface. The spec is the same performance.

Under the rain it would turn green.

2. Bingo777
    That's a waste of copper and money then. Better buy ALU and invest money into copper cable. Also oxidized copper looks ugly.

3. Bingo777
    Its suppose to stroke your ego and make you feel better, then you hopefully will part with your money. There is nothing Pro about AP80 pro, there won't be even balanced out.

4. CactusPete23
    The AP80 Pro will be Dual DAC.

5. briant4pres
    Is there really no aac output on this thing??? I'm trying to connect my rha truxonnext and can only get SBC to work. Updated to latest 2.0 beta

6. dnaimad
    IMG_20191013_183800~2.jpg It does indeed have AAC, at least in receiving mode, so should be capable of outputting AAC too? I'm not sure how to tell what codec it's using to send.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  7. briant4pres
    How did u bring up that screen?

8. dnaimad
    Bluetooth settings > High Quality mode selector. I connected to my phone by Bluetooth and set the output on the phone to AAC in developer options. I can't seem to get the AP80 to act as an APTX receiver though. LDAC working fine.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  9. briant4pres
    I'm trying to get it to output aac to my tru connect don't think it's possible. Really odd decision to have no aac...

10. MTroy
    I'm still waiting to try the latest firmware.
    An idea if they will add the feature to backup more than one EQ config, like they do for the MSEB ?

11. Bingo777
    what is MSEB ?

12. MTroy
    i talk about the user friendly parametric equalizer of hiby's player, called "Mage Sound 8-ball Tuning" (MSEB)

13. andersos
    When is AP80 Pro supposed to be available?

14. CactusPete23
    I seem to remember that it may be via Kickstarter, and by "end of October". But actual units would then be some time later. Have not seen an update in several weeks.

You can sign up for updates, and read preliminary specs at: https://ap80pro.hidizs.net/

Dimensions are wrong on their webpage. Should be same size as AP80. 2 Dacs (Same model as AP80, but 2) Single ended only. Looks like can support 256DSD, up from 128.

15. Seb Julien
    Click on the Hidisz icon on the AP80 screen when you play music. Then MSEB. Put it ON. Then set it like you will do with a decent analog EQ.

As described on their website:

Mage Sound 8-Ball Tuning

''MSEB is a combination of multiple algorithms based on parametric equalizer (PE!) and sound field adjustment to create the most satisfying sound for you.''

If your isn't ON I am pretty sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Its like a useful EQ on a portable device in a non destructive matter.
    A little like Photoshop is doing to an original picture without destroying the original file.
    I really don't know how they did it because I am no programmer but it really work.
    No its not my 31 band analog EQ but it sure give me some fun in my sound.

By the way, it seems that the AP80 is on sale on their website:

https://www.hidizs.net/collections/special-offer/products/ap80

Bingo777 and MTroy like this.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last