1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129
Next

Last
  1. okinear
    Do you mean that the player can easily be switched on while in one's pocket?

2. mono-type
    From the looks of it, yes.

3. okinear
    Too bad, I asked about some kind of lock of the power button some time ago...

@kenloveme
    Is there a specific place to speak about the firmware update?
    (Probably better to have a specific single place instead of 'hello' at Hidizs, or you to check all messages to inform the company.)

The updated firmware is supposed to bring the LDAC and some typo corrections would need to be done.
    Also wondering if some features could be requested, like setting the sensitivity of the power button (like push 2s)?

buddhashenglong likes this.
  4. Luhar
    Just got an email (3am here) from hidizs that this is shipped out, with tracking number. Just checked tracking and it should be here later today! Wonderful

Backer 59

trellus and abitdeef like this.
  5. grs8
    I got a reply, not with tracking no. but asking for colour change from red to black or grey or wait till mid Dec. and if I switch they will send it asap. What ever asap mean...

Hopefully we will never need their customer service in case of guarantee, if they handle it like their ks projects and communication, we're doomed. :D

6. imago-nomad
    I wore it in a pocket for half a day, and never had an accidential button push. The screen sensitivity - yes it could be better.

trellus likes this.
  7. IryxBRO
    1. Greetings!!!
    2. It won't be easy to turn off or on in the pocket because there is a timeout that should be reached to initate either of those procedures. It is not immediate.
    3. My unit (review sample) had extra screen protector inside the box - if you have the same - try to apply it better :)
    4. Screen is excellent. Especially comparing to Shanling M0.
    5. EQ and MSEB are located in HibyMusic app
    6. Firmware upgrades would follow. Believe me. Very soon. Can't tell more for now.

Cheers

trellus, Sougouk and mono-type like this.
  8. mono-type
    1. Dobryj den! :D

2. Regarding the power button, oddly it looks like the sensitivity is fixed now. Looks like it fixed itself by repeated use.

3. Yes, it even has two pieces of the extra screen protectors included in the package (the additional one being one of the 2nd stretch goal bonuses, along with the silicone case). Well, I think the pre-applied screen protector with dust bubbles will stay for now, as I'm not that good in applying screen protectors, haha! Like I said before, it's just a very minor issue.

4. Well if AP80 has a better screen than Shanling M0 (which I also considered getting), then that's awesome. Like I said earlier, for the price, AP80 has a great LCD screen. At least it doesn't have washed-out colors like some of the other Chi-Fi DAPs out there.

5. I already know where the EQ and MSEB options are, and it's pretty obvious where they are (Player > Hidizs logo > MSEB, or Player > Hidizs logo > Equalizer). What I meant by "Didn't fiddled with the EQ and MSEB settings yet" is I haven't experimented with my ideal EQ and MSEB settings yet (not in the mood right now to play around with the sliders). To be fair, it sounds already great even without them IMO.

6. It's nice to know there are future plans for release already. Well. we'll see if they'll release something this time. I'm just speaking from what Hidizs did in AP200, in which they haven't released a much-needed FW update for that device.

And yeah, cheers to you, too! :beerchug:

Yes, the screen sensitivity is somewhat disproportionate. The lower part is fine, but the upper part is iffy (IIRC, Hidizs acknowledged this issue, and hence the reason why the quick settings are slide up from the bottom of the screen, instead of sliding down from the upper part).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  9. j4100
    I'm pleased to see US backers getting their AP80s. I haven't seen anyone in Europe getting theirs. Hopefully in the next week or two. Despite having ordered a red one, I haven't recieved an email asking me to pick another colour yet.

sianano and crezo like this.
  10. scottm18
    Initial impressions (1.0 firmware):

Positives--look, build, screen resolution, price, power (hard-to-drive 6xx headphones), overall sound

Negatives (big)--DSD playback background noise/static way too high which can't be right...and this is with *any* headphones. Dont have IEM to try--need to try with other than DSD but that format is very noisy.

My LG phone using same DAC is dead quiet...so not sure what's going on with the AP80...

trellus likes this.
  11. mono-type
    Then it means you'll receive your red AP80 definitely. I didn't received any email asking for a color change, and they really did delivered my red AP80 + the armband and black leather case.

So basically,
    PROTIP: If you didn't received any email asking for a color change, then it's a surefire that you'll receive your red AP80.

trellus and j4100 like this.
  12. nickv
    Any UK backers received it yet?

13. IryxBRO
    1. Hi. I am not Russian (but know Russian as my second native) and it should be Dobrogo dnya - Ukrainian
    2. Self healing is a very good feature :)
    3. Neither they are good at it. That is why, I think, they are giving you a chance for another try :)
    4. True. Not like Shanling M0 :)
    5. True again. No EQ is needed
    6. They are trying to become better :)

Haven't noticed touchscreen issues. Anyway - there are adiditonal gestures in HibyOS that would help you to avoid targeting small icons - swipe from left to right to go back, etc...

trellus likes this.
  14. MisterMudd
    I had standard shipping. Received my unit yesterday and got the email for shipping today. Go figure. . LOL

trellus likes this.
  15. scottm18
    My LG phone using same 9218p is dead silent so it can't be the DAC chip itself.

First

Back
109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129
Next

Last