Anyone see any Monster Turbine Gold Fakes?
Jun 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #16 of 37
I wouldn't be suprised if they are real.  I'm sure the real ones are made over seas - and probably a few boxes here and there sneak out the back door...

I'd be nice to know for sure though before ordering.

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #17 of 37
Interesting stuff; will keep an eye on the outcome. I think the question isn't as much are they fake, but how well they're faked. It would take a fair amount of effort to produce fake Turbines, and Chinese engineers may have the ability to make that effort go far. "fake but really close" isn't shabby at that price. 

Even cheaper are the ones at Focalprice

Ebay seems a bit safer since sellers are wary of bad reviews. However, I would guess all the fakes to be from the same source, since copying monster headphones along with the accessories/box is not an insignificant investment of resources. 

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #18 of 37
OK, they are at customs right now. Pretty fast shipping from China.

Ordered from dhgate.com. They seem to have volume shipments, like 50+ boxes of fake turbines at 40 dollars per unit. 
I got one of the single unit ones for 58 dollars. 

I tried to find the fakest of the fake. Maybe Focalprice just resells from dhgate?

Anyway, we'll get an answer soon.

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #20 of 37
The "Monster beats MH turbo turbine pro " sound special lol

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #21 of 37
In the tradition of renaming fake products, I humbly submit "Nonster."

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #22 of 37
What annoys me a bit about this is that "Ebay" who make millions does nothing about these chinese imports. Surely someone must know and if they don`t they need someone with a smidgen of knowledge to get rid or ban these people from posting.
They are quick to close any European dodgy sales but for some reason they haven`t a clue if it is a bargain just because it from the far east or not.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 37
I responded to a craigslist ad for MTPC's at a ridiculously low price. Met the seller in a mini mall and got to see them. I have legit MTPC's and the seller said they were sealed which were not when I saw them. I opened the box up and the copper was more of a darker matte copper with small bumps instead of a light, shiny copper, but the biggest red flag was the grill. It was thin and cheap looking.  I could see see right through them which isn't the case with legit coppers. I didn't even bother listening to them. Just wanted to confirm that there are fakes out there.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #24 of 37

Quote:
I responded to a craigslist ad for MTPC's at a ridiculously low price. Met the seller in a mini mall and got to see them. I have legit MTPC's and the seller said they were sealed which were not when I saw them. I opened the box up and the copper was more of a darker matte copper with small bumps instead of a light, shiny copper, but the biggest red flag was the grill. It was thin and cheap looking.  I could see see right through them which isn't the case with legit coppers. I didn't even bother listening to them. Just wanted to confirm that there are fakes out there.

Thanx for the info, I'm glad I was at least skepticle enough to start this thread even though I've never seen fake monster's yet.

Looks like if they are under 150$ and they are not used people should be very leary.

Jun 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM Post #25 of 37
i think even the authentic ones are made in china. can anybody confirm this? i will buy the $160 chinese dollar one, my cousin got connections he can get it sent to canada for cheap and see what it is like. basically it's about 25 bucks canadian. so what the heck. just get it.

i have the copper edition version. it's pretty good. i am no audio pro just use it to listen in the office. lol.

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #27 of 37
because of my site fakeheadphones.com I can tell you every single one of the Monster range has been counterfeited!

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #30 of 37
The fake coppers finally came in. I'll try to get a comparison up soon, but preliminarily, they look like decent fakes. 
With a side by side comparison, you can easily tell which one is fake, but if you've never seen a copper before, or not in a while, it'd probably fool you.

The sound is completely off though, no bass, very little treble extension. Accessories are completely wrong also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back