Anyone see any Monster Turbine Gold Fakes?
Jul 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #31 of 37

Quote:
The pictures do look real but it is not difficult to get pictures of the real thing. However I have not heard of any fake Golds or even Coppers but there are indeed fake Monster products. The ad there does say satisfaction guaranteed or money back. If I were to choose 80 or so without warranty or 180-200 with warranty I'd choose the 80 any day.

So you dont think Monsters lifetime warranty is worth the extra doe? Seems like really good peace of mind to me. Escpecially since they claim they will fix them even if the damage is accidental.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #32 of 37
Well even though I recently had a pair of Coppers sent in to be exchanged for a new one I would still take the no warranty over one at a premium any day unless it was a price that was very little that it would make no sense not to get it. Although the Coppers being sent in wasn't my fault but I typically take care of my earphones with my e-Q7 being the exception due to bad luck and my stupidity but that's something else.

If you treat your phones rough and they go through a lot of abuse then yes I would get the warranty but typically for me I don't need the warranty.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #33 of 37
Well I can see why you might not need it then. I guess in my case, I would worry that sometime in the future, they might just give out on their own (for any number of reasons) no matter how well I took care of them, and then I would have no options.

Jul 16, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #34 of 37
hi to all...

i heard one of these fakes, called OEMS.
THEY ARE CALLED ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER,
and i bought mine here in one of the online distributor.

MONSTER TURBINE COPPER OEM cost $80 only.

how do they look?
well for me, i have'nt seen nor heard the original, but it looks as if they are CLASS A COPIED FROM THE ORIGINAL.

there are some faults in the designs, placements of some parts and it looks and feels a bit cheap.

i really wanted to buy the original but i dont know how to order online and delivered here in my doorstep.
and they are not available here in my country - PHILIPPINES.

poor of me....

and if ever the original would arrive here in my country it will cost around $400-500.

okey, go back to the topic, the packaging is like the original also, the accessories are not complete, they contain CHEAPPY AND EASY TO BE TORN TIPS (VULNERABLE), NOT MADE OF QUALITY RUBBER, AND the SUPER TIPS is like the original but looks DEFORMED in shape.

it's weird really...

and they all came from China.

There is a site online from China, like an Ebay, which sells a lot of these, maybe tons of these.
they offer a low price but in bulk, and i think mine came from one of this.

how about the sound quality? how do they sound?
awfully and disastrously distorted.

the bass department is boomy, you loose the mid and highs, lack a lot of details, no clarity and very dark...
no lusciousness like the klipsch s4.
no clarity like my ultimate ears 700.

imagine the ipod earphones that come with your player...
try distorting its sound, and like putting its bass x10, like that.

and like you are listening in a cave, the sound is coming from a cave.

sad to say...
sad to hear...
its no music at all.
its like noise and noise and only noise.

sometimes i wonder if someday someone out there might help me in purchasing the original.
i really want to have one of these coppers.

i returned the oems, and they gave my money back.

another lesson for me that i want to share to you:

Always buy the original, never settle for less in terms of quality.
they will not only offer a great companion in times of your commute, but also they will make you feel worthy of something a bit expensive... but in the end, you'll say... These are worth every penny.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #35 of 37
Hi. I'm also from the Philippines and also very interested with the Monster turbine pro Coppers. What we have here so far are the Regular turbines and they cost around P10,000 which is twice the going rate abroad. I was tempted in buying from ebay but after reading countless forums regarding fake ones, I guess i have to find some other venue. Any luck on your part?

Quote:
hi to all...

how do they look?
well for me, i have'nt seen nor heard the original, but it looks as if they are CLASS A COPIED FROM THE ORIGINAL.

there are some faults in the designs, placements of some parts and it looks and feels a bit cheap.

i really wanted to buy the original but i dont know how to order online and delivered here in my doorstep.

poor of me....

and if ever the original would arrive here in my country it will cost around $400-500.

okey, go back to the topic, the packaging is like the original also, the accessories are not complete, they contain CHEAPPY AND EASY TO BE TORN TIPS (VULNERABLE), NOT MADE OF QUALITY RUBBER, AND the SUPER TIPS is like the original but looks DEFORMED in shape.

it's weird really...

There is a site online from China, like an Ebay, which sells a lot of these, maybe tons of these.

the bass department is boomy, you loose the mid and highs, lack a lot of details, no clarity and very dark...

sad to say...
sad to hear...
its no music at all.

sometimes i wonder if someday someone out there might help me in purchasing the original.

they will not only offer a great companion in times of your commute, but also they will make you feel worthy of something a bit expensive... but in the end, you'll say... These are worth every penny.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #36 of 37
I cn get u a one for 320$..... but bare the small shiping charge.. cuz im frm srilanka... shipping frm my country to urz wont be that pricy cuz its in asia..... pm me if u want them....

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #37 of 37
hi to all...

how do they look?

poor of me....

it's weird really...

sad to say...
sad to hear...
its no music at all.

I cn get u a one for 320$..... but bare the small shiping charge.. cuz im frm srilanka... shipping frm my country to urz wont be that pricy cuz its in asia..... pm me if u want them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back