Anyone else not happy with the TripleFi10's?
Dec 9, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #46 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The TF10s are easily my favorite IEM. I've used some low end Etys, low end Shures, Sf5s and actually owned a pair of Shure Se530s before getting these and I prefer the TF10s over anything I've ever heard before. Especially compared to the Se530s. I couldn't stand the sound of them.

Of course, it's all up to personal preference and while I'm sure there will be some who don't particularly like it, I think most will be more than pleased. I wouldn't worry too much.

Nicely spoken, I don't share your opinion, but that's the bottom line, we all hear things differently. It's not even fair to assume you will or won't like a set of iem's no matter how large a majority feel. As far as the Triple fi's not having treble, I think they have as much as the ety 4p....oh well, ears, no two are alike. And i love the se530, My opinion holds no value to you or anyone else, except me. Anyway, I like the manner in which you replied!
No sense making assumptions or worrying based on anothers opinion, that is what I call the power of suggestion, and I always hope that people won't be influenced by what others hear.......hear for yourself as much as possible!

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #47 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that you can sometimes use those $50 (depending on what kind of credit they gave you) to buy an amazon gift card for equal value which gives you a further $5 credit. Add to that the $10 rebate from declining the Wired subscription and you're talking $400 headphones for $35. (assuming you intend to buy more things from Amazon at some point in your life.)

well, it is official. Some people are lucky. I'm getting a Meeletronics M6 for 3 dollars more than that price. :\

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #48 of 101
i tried the $50 credit for my order. they didn't give it to me, gave me some generic answer about prices fluctuating from time to time and that they understand it can be frustrating to see the price drop after you buy it. oh well.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #49 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried the $50 credit for my order. they didn't give it to me, gave me some generic answer about prices fluctuating from time to time and that they understand it can be frustrating to see the price drop after you buy it. oh well.

Same here haha. Told me they can't give me the $50 credit because my order was placed outside the rebate promotion period.

People that got it must've gotten less-than-attentive customer service reps or I'm just not asking the right questions :p

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #50 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nicely spoken, I don't share your opinion, but that's the bottom line, we all hear things differently. It's not even fair to assume you will or won't like a set of iem's no matter how large a majority feel. As far as the Triple fi's not having treble, I think they have as much as the ety 4p....oh well, ears, no two are alike. And i love the se530, My opinion holds no value to you or anyone else, except me. Anyway, I like the manner in which you replied!
No sense making assumptions or worrying based on anothers opinion, that is what I call the power of suggestion, and I always hope that people won't be influenced by what others hear.......hear for yourself as much as possible!

Don't come to Head-Fi expecting to find a consensus of opinion. I've not heard an ety but if it has more treble extension than the TF10 then I have little doubt that I would find it unbearable. I have the SE530 and prefer the sound signature of the TF10. I think it's a more balanced sounding phone across the frequency spectrum, more transparent, superior imaging, larger soundstage and no audible hiss. And I'm not just saying this because I paid over three times the price for them than most of you did. These might be my favourite IEMs.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #52 of 101
Quote:

but if it has more treble extension than the TF10 then I have little doubt that I would find it unbearable

Same here, anymore and it'll become harsh. Just right on the top end. Although a bit lacking in bass with flat EQ when using my custom tips. Also something missing in mid also.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #53 of 101
^ The TF10's mids are often described as recessed. That's not how I hear them having come from the SE530's prominent mids. The FX500 mids did sound recessed to me and the IE8's don't. I don't find the bass of the TF10's lacking either. They're the most balanced IEMs that I've heard so far. I'm sounding like a fanboy but I happen to rate the IE8 just as highly for different reasons.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #54 of 101
Regardless of what others say, the phones do take a while to burn in. I received mine 2 weeks ago and were horrified by how they sounded... paid $300 for them too!
frown.gif
They sound much, much better now - and I alternate between different headphones so I'm pretty sure it's not placebo.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #55 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ The TF10's mids are often described as recessed. That's not how I hear them having come from the SE530's prominent mids. The FX500 mids did sound recessed to me and the IE8's don't. I don't find the bass of the TF10's lacking either. They're the most balanced IEMs that I've heard so far. I'm sounding like a fanboy but I happen to rate the IE8 just as highly for different reasons.

Seems like we hear things quite similarly.I have never really understood why the mids of the TF10 and IE8 for that matter is often described as recessed. I just find them not overly forward.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #56 of 101
You guys got store credit of the $50? Sounds like I made out a little better, they just refunded me some:

Hello,

In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

Because of the circumstance surrounding your order, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I have reduced the cost of your order by $50.00. Now, the total cost of your order is only $54.30.

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did we answer your question?

If yes, please click here:

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #57 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuvo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way to work the system! I am sure you win most of the arguments with your significant other
atsmile.gif

not really. Amazon is incredibly lax with their policies. They ended pricematching months ago, but you can still ask for it and 90% of the time you'll still get it.

Personally, I think asking for a pricematch for a rebate that is valid a day later is a bit much. Not a single store does it because it makes no sense. Amazon doesn't get that $50 back since its a rebate not a coupon.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #59 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like we hear things quite similarly.I have never really understood why the mids of the TF10 and IE8 for that matter is often described as recessed. I just find them not overly forward.

I agree with the both of you
smily_headphones1.gif

The bass and highs are just right to my ears. The mids are fine by me, but a couple extra dBs would be welcome. But the way it is now, I certainly agree, it's rather balanced.

EDIT: and lame that I tried to get the $50 rebate yesterday. I got a completely different response:

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I understand that you're inquiring about the rebate offered by Logitech.

I see that the rebate offer is eligible for the purchases made from December 06. As these orders have been placed on December 04, these orders are not eligible for the particular rebate.

Normally we do make an exception and offer the rebate promotion if it is been sponsored by amazon.com. However as this rebate sponsored by the manufacturer we're not even able to make an exception.

Since the rebate is offered by manufacturer Logitech, they will be able to help you regarding this. I suggest you to contact manufacturer whether the rebate is still available for the item."

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #60 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lax? More like smart. And no doubt just one of the reasons they are so successful.

the only reason they are giving the $50 credit is because of a "pricematch". What everybody fails to say is the current price which is $149, and since its always out of stock I'm not sure the Amazon reps can see the current price.
So it's basically taking advantage of Amazon CS and a loophole.
Newegg is also known for having similiarly lax policies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back