Anyone else excited about the (possible) new ipod?
Sep 9, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #61 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
It seems like you may get your wish, if Apple is not going into production on a [true] Video iPod. Here's what I've heard so far based on what many here are stating and others:

1. Nano is upgraded to 8 or 10GB of Flash and MPEG4 (and/or H.264) Video feature is added

2. iPod is upgraded to 80GB

3. iTunes Movie Video Store is opened; Jukebox/Streaming Device is added as a home entertainment device allowing you to maintain a HDD-based Video library of movies and iPod Video is announced for future

1. i think 8GB seems a reasonable amt. for the nano. i'd spring for it. i doubt the video capabilities, though...screen's a bit too small, IMO.

2. definitely 80GB, but i think we may even see 100GB.

3. this (the video store) is probably the most certain of the announcements, given the invitations and all. the streaming device i'm not so sure about.

how many here will pick up a new metal nano at 8GB if it's small like the current nano? i don't do much portable listening anymore since i've been enjoying my laptop rig, but i'd love a tiny portable solution with a new nano and my supermini IV. looking forward to tuesday!

Sep 10, 2006 at 1:54 PM Post #63 of 192
If there is a new nano announcement, the FS forums will be glutted with old Nanos still under warranty.

Sep 10, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #64 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
If there is a new nano announcement, the FS forums will be glutted with old Nanos still under warranty.

Yea, and in the apple stores, you can expect huge sales on older models. Expect refurbished prices on the new stock. They always do it. My only gripe is the large pricetag they'll be released with. I hope by christmas the refurbished ones will be out. That is; unless the new nano totally blows me away. And the aluminum exterior is a good start for my money to replace my mini.

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #65 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwohy233
30 hr battery life and you have my money Mr. Jobs.

Doubt it. Then they wouldn't make nearly as much money from the battery-expanding iAccessories on the market.

I wish, too, though!

Sep 10, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #66 of 192
Who knows what they have in their sleeves. They've never failed to surprise the public every year. Just a wildcard, I would really love for Apple to present us with a widescreen video Nano. Utilize the same body but horizontally making it the first widescreen flash at 8gigs. Give it 480x272 pixel resolution and 16 million
blink.gif
color TFT @ 20fps and this little baby will once again start the standards like the Nano did last year. Then kwohy233, there goes your battery life
biggrin.gif
. If they'll leave the Nano as a simple Nano with bigger capacity, Sansa, iRiver, Cowon etc will takeover the flash players circus in the next six months feature-wise.

But personally, all I want is a rockbox friendly ipod
blink.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #67 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL
Who knows what they have in their sleeves. They've never failed to surprise the public every year. Just a wildcard, I would really love for Apple to present us with a widescreen video Nano. Utilize the same body but horizontally making it the first widescreen flash at 8gigs. Give it 480x272 pixel resolution and 16 million
blink.gif
color TFT @ 20fps and this little baby will once again start the standards like the Nano did last year. Then kwohy233, there goes your battery life
biggrin.gif
. If they'll leave the Nano as a simple Nano with bigger capacity, Sansa, iRiver, Cowon etc will takeover the flash players circus in the next six months feature-wise.

But personally, all I want is a rockbox friendly ipod
blink.gif

an 8GB nano with widescreen and video capabilities? i'd buy it. i doubt it shows up, but if it did, i'd buy it. holding off on those refurb 5G/nanos until i see what's announced on tues.

Sep 11, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #68 of 192
Yeah. Perhaps Apple is just holding full force feature for their touchscreen iPod Video and leave the Nano as it is (which is not wise imo unless they bump the prices lower, but knowing Apple, will be more unlikely). Then the flash player market profits may sway towards the Asian companies with their new stuff.

If the Nano wont have new updates, here's hoping two rockbox'd Nanos will have a better deal compared to an 8gig one
icon10.gif
. An alloy metal Nano for $300 wont be too bad and a lot of people would wet themselves.

Also, here's hoping there'll be a video capable Airport Express
600smile.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #69 of 192
a new ipod sounds cool, but to keep it in perspective for me - i just got this one not even one year ago. i'm going to run it into the ground until it poots, then get the next one. which should be several generations from now if i'm careful, hehe.

Sep 11, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #70 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
a new ipod sounds cool, but to keep it in perspective for me - i just got this one not even one year ago. i'm going to run it into the ground until it poots, then get the next one. which should be several generations from now if i'm careful, hehe.

Now try running a pair of headphones until they poot.
biggrin.gif
Yeah right.
orphsmile.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #72 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

I have one I bought about 3 years ago and had the same philosophy. The problem is it won't run into the ground!!!
tongue.gif
I have even dropped it where the case opened up. Just snapped it back together. I think I'm just going to give it away to one of my dirt broke friends soon. It still has another year of the Best Buy warranty left too. Already got a fresh battery put in there under warranty just cause I felt like it.

Sep 11, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #73 of 192
actually that's what i did with my 3G. it was broken and borderline under applecare, so i shipped it off to 1911 for his birthday. suffice to say it paved the way for a new 5G and got that bday monkey off my back.

hmm, perhaps this is why 1911 is being so cruel with my bday gift? the HHF-1 coulda been here by now if i had just given him a working ipod...karma is a biatch.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #74 of 192
will probably buy the nano if it's metal and hopefully 8GB. but i'd also get the 6G IF it is announced (highly doubt it, though)...i've had the 2G, 4G, and a shuffle so i'll keep with the even-numbered models.

Sep 11, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #75 of 192
Quote:

Who knows what they have in their sleeves. They've never failed to surprise the public every year. Just a wildcard, I would really love for Apple to present us with a widescreen video Nano. Utilize the same body but horizontally making it the first widescreen flash at 8gigs. Give it 480x272 pixel resolution and 16 million color TFT @ 20fps and this little baby will once again start the standards like the Nano did last year. Then kwohy233, there goes your battery life. If they'll leave the Nano as a simple Nano with bigger capacity, Sansa, iRiver, Cowon etc will takeover the flash players circus in the next six months feature-wise.

Arrrgggg!!! Do you remember those days when an ipod was for playing music?
blink.gif

To tell the truth I was tempted by the iriver e10 (except that its only 6gb HD) because it has a huge battery life and... a tv remote.... i wouldn't mind turning off that irritating disco music channel they always play at the gym
icon10.gif
. However I think I'll try to hold out and compare the update to H340 with the new ipod (if they eventuate, of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back