Anyone else excited about the (possible) new ipod?
Sep 12, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #76 of 192
In case you wonder what the last second rumors are:

...Let's just say I have been informed by a little reliable birdy about Tomorrow's event. The line-up will follow this similar structure:

* Welcoming of Media Members
* Discussion on iTunes software, iTMS integration into iTunes, and iTMS sales and facts.
* Announcement of iTunes version 7.0
* Announces better search feature for Music Store
* Announces Movie Store. Available Immediately will be movies from Disney and Pixar, among other studios.
* New iPod Nano Announcement (nice brushed casing, while it will have same features as first gen, only a longer battery life)
* New iPod Announcement (Widescreen, Bluetooth, and featuring virtual touchweel. Does not include Wi-Fi, or any other protocols)
* One More Thing....TubePort. A $99 2-piece set that includes a dongle that connects via USB to your mac, and another dongle that connects via included HD cables or regular Component cables to your TV. The movie is accessed on your Mac via an iDisk-like storage component hosted by Apple.

Jobs will then explain the pricing structure of the Movie Store. Movies will be available as either a smaller iPod-format (which will cost $9.99 per movie), or as a larger, streamed movie to be streamed to your TV via TubePort. This cost $14.99 per movie. To purchase an iPod-formatted movie and a streamed version of the same movie, it will cost you $19.99."

Sep 12, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #77 of 192
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict:
  1. Nano now comes in 2, 4 and 8gb versions, and is 2/3rds the thickness- same price points
  2. Video comes in 40 and 80gb versions and is 2/3rds the thickness- same price points
  3. Itunes movies
  4. Some other stuff that doesnt concern people like me until it is implemented in a product not related to Mac computers.

Sep 12, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #79 of 192
Today is the the day! Undoubtedly, I will forget about this shortly and only remember by the time it's over and check back in on this thread. Oh well.

Sep 12, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #80 of 192
The concept of a virtual touch wheel annoys me. Now we're not only losing the tactile feedback of the buttons on the click wheel, but we're going to be smudging up our screens (for all their good points, iPods have never been known as smudge resistant).

Sep 12, 2006 at 2:43 PM Post #81 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by sethsez
The concept of a virtual touch wheel annoys me. Now we're not only losing the tactile feedback of the buttons on the click wheel, but we're going to be smudging up our screens (for all their good points, iPods have never been known as smudge resistant).

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.

I'm not thrilled about a virtual wheel either. And I have absolutely no intentions to use my iPod to play videos. At all. None.

But I'm thinking that the virtual wheel and smudges will probably turn out to be minor irritations, if they happen at all.

For me, bottom line, more capacity (80 GB AT LEAST) and equivalent SQ and I'm there.

MORE CAPACITY! That's what I'm wanting. The battery life for me so far has not been as issue.

Sep 12, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #82 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.

I'm not thrilled about a virtual wheel either. And I have absolutely no intentions to use my iPod to play videos. At all. None.

But I'm thinking that the virtual wheel and smudges will probably turn out to be minor irritations, if they happen at all.

For me, bottom line, more capacity (80 GB AT LEAST) and equivalent SQ and I'm there.

MORE CAPACITY! That's what I'm wanting. The battery life for me so far has not been as issue.

When the announcement gets made will someone post please? Won't be able to do from work...TIA

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #83 of 192
OMG its today
biggrin.gif

Can someone tell me what time it is there and when it will start??

Sep 12, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #88 of 192
If you want to watch the Apple event I suggest http://www.macrumorslive.com/ they have a count down and automatically refresh the page every min so it will show the event when it starts automagically.

Sep 12, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #90 of 192
Anyone who has been here for awhile have an adress that doesn't have state sales tax so I can get the ipod send there for less money? NH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back