Anyone else excited about the (possible) new ipod?
Sep 12, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #181 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
The songs will play in what order you want: random, album order, grouping of singles or whatever.

Oh. Shows how much I know about the shuffle
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for correcting me. In that case, gapless would be awesome.

Sep 13, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #182 of 192
No problem.

If anyone is interested in watching todays announcement, it's available here.

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #183 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by wax4213
Gapless for a shuffle is relatively pointless, since the songs won't play in order, but it still would be sorta nice.

Man... now I don't know what to get. Those Nano's are sweet. But I need more storage than my old 20 gig... On the other hand, something small for working out would be nice. Having my whole music collection would be great though. Money is so limited... bah. I'll probably work on my desktop rig before I work on my portable one. But then again, how much time am I going to be spending in my dorm? So many choices!

Shuffles have the ability to play in order as well. You can turn the shuffle mode off.

edit: oops...already been answered. Sorry for the redundancy.

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #184 of 192
So Steve listened about gapless, let's hope he listened about the useless (except for the treble booster) eq on the ipods. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my new nano will blow away my 4 yr old ipod with the bass response and overall sound quality. My fav sound ever coming out of my 3rd gen ipod is still superfi 5 pros and the treble booster eq setting straight out of the jack no amp whatsoever. My e500s sound fantastic out of my pc ( I actually have to eq the bass down on some trip hop songs) but a lot weaker out of my ipod.

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #185 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Anyone who has been here for awhile have an adress that doesn't have state sales tax so I can get the ipod send there for less money? NH?

Looks like the student discount thing is gone.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #186 of 192
So I just upgraded to iTunes 7, and after the install it went through my whole library "Determining Gapless Playback Capabilities". Interesting. I assume since I manually sync my iPod though, that I would have to reload it to take advantage of that...

ALSO, I just told iTunes to get album art for my whole library, which is mostly stuff I loaded from my own CDs. Cool!

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #189 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Does anyone know if the distortion issue has been sorted out yet?

Since that was iPods and not iTunes I doubt we'll know for a while. My 80GB iPod is due to arrive here on the 19th according to Apple.

Also, people should note that the upgrade to iTunes 7 changes a LOT of your default settings, most notably the location of your iTunes library and the encoding method you use importing CDs (drops it back to AAC/128), and unchecks the use of error correction...

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #190 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770
I was playing with the flip mode last night- it was actually kind of cool. I assume eventually the novelty will wear off, but it did kind of remind me of filing through my cd's and I listened to a bunch of stuff I haven't heard in years.

It's sort of like using a jukebox. I like it.

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #191 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab

Also, people should note that the upgrade to iTunes 7 changes a LOT of your default settings, most notably the location of your iTunes library and the encoding method you use importing CDs (drops it back to AAC/128), and unchecks the use of error correction...

I just updated and it kept all my settings as they were. Not sure what happened with yours.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but older models are now super cheap, just search 'refurbished ipod' at the apple store. 60gb videos are only 229! Thats pretty amazing.

Sep 13, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #192 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
I just updated and it kept all my settings as they were. Not sure what happened with yours.

Not sure if its been mentioned yet, but older models are now super cheap, just search 'refurbished ipod' at the apple store. 60gb videos are only 229! Thats pretty amazing.

Holy crap! I was going to get an 80GB, but $229 for a 60GB refurb is incredably enticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back