any reason for me to get a zune 80 over an ipod classic 80?
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #31 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaaty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune does this as well.

O'Reilly -- Five Zune Secrets You Need to Know
Zune (second generation, 80GB, black) MP3 player reviews - CNET Reviews apparently much better than iPod at video out...
"Although the Zune's screen displays at a 320x240 resolution, video files stored on the Zune can be as large as 720x480 and played at full resolution through the composite video output built into the Zune's headphone jack. An optional Zune AV dock can output video using a higher quality component cable. Unlike the iPod, the Zune's built-in video output mirrors its onscreen display, which means that all of the Zune's features (including menus) can display on your TV."

$2 on ebay....Zune also sends the menus to the screen, and you can leave it by the TV and sync wirelessly, and it supports FULL dvd rez. Now you won't get the full progressive out without a dock and component output, but either way, it is good...and it is easy, and it is cheap.

Still if you really want it good you can have H.264 at 480p at 30 fps output over component using the dock... not really a contest in the video department.

EQ...always nice to have options...but for no EQ sounds great. IMO no EQ on Zune 80 is better than with EQ on my Creative ZVM or Karma, but YMMV depending on source material and electronics you may be trying to compensate for.

Basically the Zune is far better than the iPod in all areas of video support and output, other than a lack of online options to buy download video content.

X2 And that is some nice info you got there too!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #33 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish the Zune software wasnt so crappy otherwise I'd jump on one. I really dont wanna spend the hours re-sorting my music because it cant understand the file tags.

I haven't been to their site for a couple of weeks, but there were postings telling how to make that process easier, but sorry, I didn't read them because I was starting a new fresh sort on my hard drive and only the better files were going to be a part of the new sort.
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #34 of 78
had this debate myself

I like simple software, but the Zune software was made for kids. No live search and an intrusive interface really make it a no go as a goto jukebox. Now...I dislike iTunes...a lot. I think its annoying in many ways. I use Winamp with bento....benefits of winamp with the sorting power of itunes + (i have multiple winamps depending on where the music is coming from ... external or not...never have music not work!).

I think I might pick up a 160gb classic next week....despite the fact that I like it less as a device.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #35 of 78
Quote:

I just wish the Zune software wasnt so crappy otherwise I'd jump on one. I really dont wanna spend the hours re-sorting my music because it cant understand the file tags.

The zune software is just over simplified.

I would have preferred MS roll in wifi syncing and podcast support into WMP vice starting new.

I am never a fan of special software for any device, I understand why Zune has it for the wifi and podcasts, and it is very easy to use...but it does need more editing and options IMO. I can deal with it, but like iTunes, I am not a fan of the special software.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #36 of 78
When I purchased my Zune80, there were many choices to make. I decided that SQ was the most important factor, because I would be living with my purchase for a long time. The software didn't impact my decision very much, as long as it didn't interfere with my own self generated files from CDs.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #38 of 78
There's no reason I'd pick an 80 Zune over an 80 Classic.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #39 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's no reason I'd pick an 80 Zune over an 80 Classic.

Well, thats ok. There will always be differences in opinions and for some, allegiances to brand that supersede other considerations. You can see this in almost every thread here. Thank goodness we get to choose what, when, where and why for ourselves, so each of us can be happy with our choices at the end of the day.
Have a good one!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #40 of 78
Just playin', sorry couldn't resist. Neither post contributes much, that's the point. I do prefer sound of iPod better than Zune. But as you say, differences and choices...

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #43 of 78
Quote:

There is already a tool for fixing the bug related to the metadata handling of the Zune software library.

But if all your tracks are tagged with id3v2.x UTF-16 or UTF-8 encoding you are fine. Libraries tagged in ISO can get in trouble.

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheynkman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
had this debate myself

I like simple software, but the Zune software was made for kids. No live search and an intrusive interface really make it a no go as a goto jukebox. Now...

live search is still there. Select the artist, album or songs list and just start typing

Dec 16, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #45 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheynkman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
had this debate myself

I like simple software, but the Zune software was made for kids.

I think the Zune software hit the "needs" of the many, right on the nose. Oversimplification doesn't mean it was made for kids. It means it was made for all ages, kids included. Little Johnny and Grampa can both use the software and not get confused. Power users will most likely use something else to manage their libraries with, and that is fine. In the end, everybody wins.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back