Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Apr 2, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #106 of 828
Just got to 6 years here myself.  Wow.  That happened fast.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #108 of 828
Hah! So awesome! Hell, I'll bring whiskey for you instead! 

Oh wow, Skylab, did we join the same month?

Quote:
Quote:
I'm really starting to get back in and enjoy this hobby again. Amazing that nearly six years have passed since I joined though, so much has happened since.

The one great sadness I will always have, however, is that my custom title of "Key Conspirator In the Quest to Murder Music" has vanished. Did anyone else lose their custom title when the site changed over? I'd trade a fancy dinner in NYC to have it back.

Wish granted.

No dinner necessary. But I wouldn't mind a beer at a meet some time.
smily_headphones1.gif

(Hope you don't mind, Jude.)

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #110 of 828
Nice to be back! I'm trying to remember exactly how the tag came up in the first place. 

I'm pretty sure I was in a disagreement with someone (no idea who, but I'm sure it could be searched for) and, in desperation, he accused me of wanting to kill music. 

I was so entertained, I agreed, and I guess a mod did too!

Quote:
I do mind, Erik.  Mercuttio is shifty, and not to be trusted--and he tried to murder music.

wink.gif

Mercuttio, man, I know we also connected via Facebook long ago, but it sure is great to see you here again.

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #111 of 828

That we did! Funny that I came here looking for better headphones for traveling with, and all these years and thousands of dollars later, while my music listening life is much richer for head-fi, I still am not happy with my traveling headphones :p

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #112 of 828
I know, right? That's the toughest thing to find! Good travelers are truly the holy grail.

Quote:
Quote:

That we did! Funny that I came here looking for better headphones for traveling with, and all these years and thousands of dollars later, while my music listening life is much richer for head-fi, I still am not happy with my traveling headphones
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #115 of 828
Newfangled old fart stopping by.  I haven't been here in so long that my one of my interests still reads "TV on DVD."  You youngguns probably don't even know what those are.  By so long I mean a year.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #117 of 828
You speak of the time before Netflix.

I am fearful of your ways.

Quote:
Newfangled old fart stopping by.  I haven't been here in so long that my one of my interests still reads "TV on DVD."  You youngguns probably don't even know what those are.  By so long I mean a year.

May 1, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #119 of 828
I had to post to remember when I joined, lol.

edit: Oh snap, #7000  :)

May 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #120 of 828
Do I count as an 'old fart' then? :p   Did take a break for a while, but then came back (mistake, my wallet didn't know what hit it!).  Had been more a desktop/home user but situations changed at work and needed more isolation, so stopped in the iem part of the forum to check out the better models.  Now god help me I'm considering customs, something I thought I'd never do.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back