Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Apr 17, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #346 of 828
Good to see some of the familiar names I remember well.  Sad to see so many changes on Head-Fi,  progress I suppose.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #347 of 828
  Hello to those who still remember me. I am alive and well...

Joined HF when I just started High School... now I am already married. Time sure flies!

Oh wow! Hey Al!    Man, I remember when you came over to upgrade my old battleaxe desktop pc, lol.  Congrats!

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #348 of 828
Oh wow! Hey Al!    Man, I remember when you came over to upgrade my old battleaxe desktop pc, lol.  Congrats!

When'd you get a custom title like that? :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #349 of 828
When'd you get a custom title like that?
tongue.gif

Back when kelly, grinch, Audio&Me were causing all kinds of trouble on head-fi.  I went along for the ride because we were unhappy with the changes being adopted around here at the time.  I'm guessing 2003?  

I've calmed down a lot since then :wink:

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #350 of 828
Haha, those are some names that bring back memories, as are many of those that have posted in this thread...

Like a school reunion, but without the talk of kids and careers...

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #351 of 828
I received a request to see some pics of my BHSE Stax rig, but I sold that back in 2011 or 2012.

Most days I listen to speakers, but late night sessions have pulled psychoacoustics back into play.

Nice to see some familiar names in this thread that I recognize.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #352 of 828
Haha, those are some names that bring back memories, as are many of those that have posted in this thread...

Like a school reunion, but without the talk of kids and careers...

I remember bugging you about Sony portable CD players.

The thought of toting around a PCDP and a bundle of CDs makes me shudder now.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #353 of 828
I'm back. For a short while I hope because if I stay too long I'll end up with a Stax setup. Have bought and sold an HD580, HD600, an early HD650, another HD600, an HD800, and am thinking about *one* more HD600. Actually the HD800 would probably be ideal, but maybe the HD700 might work better with my hearing, that's rolled off in the HF.

Have a want ad listed for an Anedio D2, and maybe I should stick with IEM's and get a higher end model? All this from stopping by looking into new computer speakers. Of course a Stax setup will want a really nice USB to SPDIF transport....

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #354 of 828

Sometimes I have fantasies of wandering around with a Mini Disc player and one of those baby minidisc binders. 

Mmmmmm the impracticality. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #355 of 828

Haha, yes - I had a PM from a member the other day asking me if I would recommend the Sony D33, sadly I remember (when comparing to the 2nd gen iPod at the time) saying that I would stick with PCDPs, haha - that so isn't true anymore (just a quick look at my signature below will confirm that I'm still a portable person, but - in a very different direction!)

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #356 of 828
Well my kid's old enough to want headphones of his own - he wanted beats of course, but I managed to compromise with him by getting the urban-oriented Sennheiser Urbanite XL Instead.  Yes, lots of bass, but not offendingly so.

Jun 20, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #357 of 828
Well my kid's old enough to want headphones of his own - he wanted beats of course, but I managed to compromise with him by getting the urban-oriented Sennheiser Urbanite XL Instead.  Yes, lots of bass, but not offendingly so.

Jahn! You're alive! Good job with the little one. I can't believe he's old enough to want headphones! I guess the last time I saw you guys was like 9 years ago. I'm actually having one of my own in August , and this is my last week in NYC! Heading to Boston...

Jun 24, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #360 of 828
Yeah, I remember Ety's were the name of the game and none of these custom iem manufacturer's were around back when I joined
Bring back the simpler times :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back