Another "Which headphones should I buy?" thread
Jul 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 25
You know, I've thought about the PortaPros, but it seems like I could do a bit better for not much more $. I'll certainly have to look into it a bit more. 

I'm not sure if they are still available, but I saw some Grado 225's on the buy/sell here. Those seem to score high around here.

I'm still trying to figure out cost vs. quality since I'm not sure how much I will be listening at home. Dilemmas, dilemmas...

Jul 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #17 of 25
The nice thing about the Portapros is the lifetime warranty...that's a headphone you're going to have for years and years.  I use mine for jogging (they stay on very securely), but I find the sound a little too hollow to be used as my main/only headphones. 

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 25
Check out H2O Audio Surge Headphones.  They're 100% waterproof, so that means they're sweatproof too.  Plus, they're bass amplified so it should give you a good punch to pick up on every double bass drum kick....

Dana
H2O Audio

Jul 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #19 of 25
O no... spam advertising has hit
basshead.gif
.  Lol, well it would be cool to go swimming while listening to music. Not to sure how my mp3 would hold up to it though
confused_face(1).gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 25
I'm not a spammer!  I'm a real human being who only answers posts for which our headphones would be a good solution.  You won't find me posting on any threads about which in-ear studio monitors are best or which headphones would be best for a DJ, etc....being the community manager of our company, I'm very sensitive to these things....do unto others...

~Dana

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #23 of 25
O no I hurt the spammers feelings
triportsad.gif
. Dana dont worry I was just obviously kidding. One has to get there name out some way, nothing wrong with that.

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #24 of 25
Just want to say thanks again for all of the recommendations. 

I passed on the Grado's and decided to go cheap for the time being and ended up going with the Koss KSC75. I haven't listened to them long, but they sound pretty good right out of the package. 

I have the Brainwavz M1 and the MEElectronics M6 on their way, and I bought the Klipsch S-2 to tide me over until the M1 and M6 get here. 

Hopefully the acquisition disorders don't flare up too bad! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back