Another new member looking for bass headphones.. Sorry guys.
May 29, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #16 of 21
I'm in the EXACT same position as you. Except, I have an amp so whenever I take it outside, I'll have enough power.

I hope this thread can answer your questions  so I can benefit from them! :D

May 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
While I find that Ultrasone bass in the ones I've tried (Pro 750, HFI 780) hasn't been that huge in quantity, it is exceptional in quality and depth.  They have punchiness well below what other headphones can reproduce, and it doesn't have that horrible midbass bloat that some cans have.  It makes the bass really satisfying, instead of just being overwhelming.

Can't speak on either of those, but I definitely agree on my HFI-580. The bass isn't overwhelming, but instead is focused on being controlled and not overpowering everything else, fitting in nicely. And then you hit a truly bass-oriented track and realize the true potential.
basshead.gif
It surely wouldn't satisfy a true basshead wanting bass on treble-centric songs, but as a semi-basshead (love bass but will gladly take quality over sheer quantity) I'm more than happy, especially when the bass-centric songs come on and I sometimes just stop what I'm doing to listen to the clean bass line.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #18 of 21
So I've been reading a lot about all these other headphones people have suggested but I keep coming back to the 770s or D2ks. I'm little more pushed to the Denon D2000s now plus they look a lot nicer but they are a bit out of what I want to spend on my first high-fi pair being $350 and I can get the DT 770s for $170 so I might just go with the DT 770.. GRR..  I'm stuck on what pair and can't decide :frowning2: Anyone live in WA state with both pairs ?? lol

Edit. I know Proglover said the D2000 can be used with out an amp but will benefit with one but what about the DT770 one  portable device.
also don't most headphones benefit with am amp :wink:

May 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 21
The thing is any headphone can be used "without an amp" as all headphone enabled device have a headphone amp inbuilt themselves, just not a very good one that is. Pretty much most headphones, if not all will benefit from an amp that have higher output (control) and lower distortion, crosstalk. So if your question is will D2000 benefit from an amp, I say yes, in fact, "unamped" D2000 loses a lot of the bass control, it can sound rather muddy. I tried it from straight iPod out,my portable amp and a Burson HA160, it shows better controlled bass using my portable amp and the Burson compared to the iPod out.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #21 of 21
Hope you enjoy them, I loved mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back