Another IEM Advice Thread
Jul 22, 2010 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thoughts1053

New Head-Fier
Last year, I made a thread and people helped me choose my first set of IEMs, the Denon AH-C710.  I liked the sound and was pleased with them, but unfortunately, I lost them last week.  I'm looking to get another pair, hopefully with better SQ than the Denons, but under 130.  After reviewing all the ones talked about on this board, I narrowed it down to the below (long) list:

Price Order
Hippo Shroom EB
Fischer Audio Eterna V2
Hippo VB
Head-Direct RE0
Head-Direct RE-Zero
Monster Turbine
Panasonic HJE900

I will be using an iPhone 4 without an amp.  I listen mostly to Hip Hop, R&B, Rock, Top 40.  I'm not a bass fanatic, but I do enjoy it.

Thanks for any advice!!!

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Anyone?

Any reason why I shouldn't get the Panasonic HJE900 over any of the others listed?  Although it's the highest priced, I can pick it up at a J and R this weekend, but if one of the others have better SQ, I can be patient and wait on shipping.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 6
Maybe add another $20 and get the Fischer Audio DBA-02? That would be a very big step up in my opinion. I heard it last month and was thoroughly impressed. Beats the other Fischers I've heard so far. I also liked it even better than I like my RE0. It's definitely MY next purchase. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 6
I think that depends on your reference equipment. I listen mostly to my RE0 which is light on the bass (although my Arrow's bassboost makes these sound just right) so the DBA-02 sounded bassier to me. I can't imagine requiring more bass than the DBA-02 offers. More bass would overwhelm the other frequencies if you ask me. I feel the the DBA-02 is neutral-going-warm, where the RE0 is neutral-going-lean. I do understand this is a matter of taste and preference ofcourse. 

You should try the DBA's dfkt. I'm sure you'll appreciate them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back