Android phones and USB DACs
May 27, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #8,117 of 9,526
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone gotten USB audio to work on any of the Android N previews? My Nexus 9 would not recognize either the Chord Mojo or the Leckerton UHA760 on the latest preview. I haven't tried earlier releases. Both work fine on 6.0.1. 

I tried changing the USB settings under Developer options to Audio Out (along with every other setting one at a time), with no effect. Neither device is recognized through UAPP. I'm assuming the audio system is still being overhauled by the Android team.

May 31, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #8,118 of 9,526
This must have been asked before, but can the Google Play Music android app output to usb otg ?
I am using dragonfly black and use Onkyo app to play music stored on the memory,but no sound when using the google app?
Is it something I am doing wrong or is it just not compatible. Phone is LG G3
Thanks

May 31, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #8,119 of 9,526
  This must have been asked before, but can the Google Play Music android app output to usb otg ?
I am using dragonfly black and use Onkyo app to play music stored on the memory,but no sound when using the google app?
Is it something I am doing wrong or is it just not compatible. Phone is LG G3
Thanks

using the search function is your best bet:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/3315

May 31, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #8,120 of 9,526
I doubt you can fix it then, transports do sound different.

I was in the Chord Mojo thread, and the members there all said that Android phones will always be inferior as a transport to a dedicated Dap. Is this opinion shared across the board?

If so, how much better can music sound via a coax from a Fiio X7 to a Mojo versus my current Galaxy S4 to Mojo setup via otg USB?

May 31, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #8,121 of 9,526
I was in the Chord Mojo thread, and the members there all said that Android phones will always be inferior as a transport to a dedicated Dap. Is this opinion shared across the board?

If so, how much better can music sound via a coax from a Fiio X7 to a Mojo versus my current Galaxy S4 to Mojo setup via otg USB?

No.

The only issue with the droid is crosstalk when the phone and wifi components are in use. Throw the sucker into airplane mode and so called experts cannot tell the diff between that and a dedicated DAP if the software player is up to snuff.

May 31, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #8,122 of 9,526
Just a small note.
Samsung S5
OTG
USB2 AB
IFI IPURIFIER 2
INTONA reclocker galvanic isolation
USB 2 AB
OPPO HA1
All work fine running off the S5 in the chain.
The Intona does kill the battery faster it seems but worth the upgrade for me.

I hope this helps someone.

Good luck
Dave

May 31, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #8,123 of 9,526
No.

The only issue with the droid is crosstalk when the phone and wifi components are in use. Throw the sucker into airplane mode and so called experts cannot tell the diff between that and a dedicated DAP if the software player is up to snuff.
If it it's sighted comparison, yes they will, but not because there is any difference.............:wink:

May 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #8,124 of 9,526
No.

That's what was expecting.

I use a decent OTG cable from TTVJ and USB Audio Player Pro, with the sample rate set to variable. I'm happy with the results.

I just wanted to be sure I'm getting the most out of my Mojo, aside from going crazy and buying a bunch of stuff from HDTracks.

Jun 1, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #8,125 of 9,526

No.

That's what was expecting.

I use a decent OTG cable from TTVJ and USB Audio Player Pro, with the sample rate set to variable. I'm happy with the results.

I just wanted to be sure I'm getting the most out of my Mojo, aside from going crazy and buying a bunch of stuff from HDTracks.

Let them rave on about dedicated transports all they want. Keep your phone as a transport, spend the money you saved in music. Enjoy.

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #8,126 of 9,526
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone, AudioQuest JitterBug USB filter,  AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC/amp:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805832/new-dragonfly-black-and-red-discussion/450#post_12619355
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805832/new-dragonfly-black-and-red-discussion/450#post_12619477

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #8,127 of 9,526
  Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone gotten USB audio to work on any of the Android N previews? My Nexus 9 would not recognize either the Chord Mojo or the Leckerton UHA760 on the latest preview. I haven't tried earlier releases. Both work fine on 6.0.1. 

I tried changing the USB settings under Developer options to Audio Out (along with every other setting one at a time), with no effect. Neither device is recognized through UAPP. I'm assuming the audio system is still being overhauled by the Android team.

We are working with Google to solve the Android N USB problems (which are not limited to USB audio only by the way).

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #8,128 of 9,526

We are working with Google to solve the Android N USB problems (which are not limited to USB audio only by the way).

Awesome. Can you speak to whether the automatic audio upsampling will be removed in Android N?

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #8,130 of 9,526
Hi everyone!

I am looking for best sound quality mobile/portable DAC & AMP up to 100$. DAC & AMP will work with my Asus laptop and Xiaomi Mi4c smartphone (that due to lack of aptx codec and SD card slot, in the near future will be replaced probably by Sony Xperia Z5 dual).

My favorites: SMSL Idol (cheapest option), Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS, Zorloo ZuperDAC, Encore mDSD, AudioQuest Dragonfly Black.

Thanks for possible help! 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back