Android phones and USB DACs
Feb 2, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #7,861 of 9,526
Hi first of all!

If got another compatibility question regarding an Android device.
I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014Edition Tablet.

My phone (Sony XperiaZ3Compact) works perfectly fine with my Hidizs AP100 on USB DAC Mode.
Well...
My Tablet doesnt. I found it to work with the Hiby Music App, but i want to use the USB DAC to stream spotify, which doesnt work at all.
Strange since Android 5.1.1 should support USB DACs , right?

Thanks for the help

JoeO

What version Android is the Z3c?

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #7,865 of 9,526
  I have the same combination and it doesnt work with spottfy at all. Stuttering at its best. The Youtube App works fine, but who cares?
I dont know what to do so. Any tips for working Android + Spotify solutions? Thansk in advance.

buy a chromecast audio and connect it to your oppo,the oppo also acts as a power bank for your chromecast the oppo i believe has optical input,the chromecast has optical output it will cast hires,download the chromecast app and use your phone as the remote.

Feb 2, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #7,866 of 9,526
  buy a chromecast audio and connect it to your oppo,the oppo also acts as a power bank for your chromecast the oppo i believe has optical input,the chromecast has optical output it will cast hires,download the chromecast app and use your phone as the remote.

Sorry i dont get your idea, maybe because of my lack of english knowlegde... i dont think there are optical inputs on the oppo.... i have a bluetooth audio receiver but it didnt work. just tried it.

is android 6.0 and spotify compability confirmed? so i could do the moto E way...
edit: just read that the moto didnt get the 6.0 update...

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #7,867 of 9,526
  Sorry i dont get your idea, maybe because of my lack of english knowlegde... i dont think there are optical inputs on the oppo.... i have a bluetooth audio receiver but it didnt work. just tried it.

is android 6.0 and spotify compability confirmed? so i could do the moto E way...
edit: just read that the moto didnt get the 6.0 update...

sorry not got the oppo but you still can connect the the chromecast to the audio in port.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #7,869 of 9,526
  Hi first of all!

I´ve another compatibility question regarding an Android device.

My phone (Sony XperiaZ3Compact) works perfectly fine with my Hidizs AP100 on USB DAC Mode.
Well...
My Tablet doesnt. I found it to work with the Hiby Music App, but i want to use the USB DAC to stream spotify, which doesnt work at all.

Thanks for the help

JoeO

Finally got Tidal app working via OTG on my Z3c (Lollipop), turned out I needed to uncheck the box 'play through Android' on UAPP which stopped UAPP syncing with the USB DAC.

So for anyone trying to get streaming apps to work via OTG you need to uncheck this box (if you have UAPP installed) and after you connect the DAC, click 'cancel' when any player pop up asks whether you want to sync USB.  

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #7,870 of 9,526
  Hi first of all!

I´ve another compatibility question regarding an Android device.

Well...

Thanks for the help

JoeO

See my post above on Samsung's broken implementation - reading the UAPP page it affects other samsung devices not just the S5

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #7,872 of 9,526

very stout....like a triple shielded viablue RCA kinda stout

Buncha mumbo jumbo...copper tape shield is good

Made in Japan because some folks care about that stuff

There are a **** load of folks looking for better than a $5 micro b to micro b.

This one works. Put it on the list please

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #7,873 of 9,526
Would love to get that cable with a L plug.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #7,874 of 9,526

very stout....like a triple shielded viablue RCA kinda stout

Buncha mumbo jumbo...copper tape shield is good

Made in Japan because some folks care about that stuff

There are a **** load of folks looking for better than a $5 micro b to micro b.

This one works. Put it on the list please

That is great! where did you get it? can you post a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back