Android phones and USB DACs
Jan 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #7,846 of 9,526
Does anyone have a right angle 7-cm micro usb to micro usb otg cable they want to swap? I have an extra 10-cm, but I need the 7, and don't want to wait 2 weeks for shipping from China.

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #7,847 of 9,526

Update: HibyMusic (Android) 2.1 has been published!

What’s new for 2.1:
1.Support playing iso/cue tracks on LAN
2.Add Native DSD support
3.Add file and folder management under file list
4.Add album cover on LAN
5.Improve USB DAC compatibility and stability
6.Add plugin function
7.Merge LAN and DLNA
8.Bugs fix and improval for volume control on some devices

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, on behalf of HiBy Music, we would like to extend our sincere greetings to you. 
Happy Chinese New Year! Wish you all the best. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #7,848 of 9,526

What’s new for 2.1:
2.Add Native DSD support
4.Add album cover on LAN
6.Add plugin function
7.Merge LAN and DLNA

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, on behalf of HiBy Music, we would like to extend our sincere greetings to you. 
[COLOR=0000CD]Happy lunar new year! Wish you all the best. Cheers![/COLOR] :beerchug:  

No Tidal?

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #7,849 of 9,526
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in this very large thread, but I'm wondering if anyone has luck with an OTG hub and 512gb SDXC card as external storage read through either UAPP or Onkyo HF Player?

On my Moto X 2015, the OTG hub is functional, and the SDXC card is visible in Settings under USB Storage, with the Oppo HA-2 simultaneously connected to the same OTG hub.

However, all attempts to get either UAPP or OHF to find that music folder so much as scan it into library have failed. 

Is the problem with the apps, whereby they don't support folders on external storage via OTG?

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #7,850 of 9,526
Don't have a 512gb SDXC but do have a 2TB HD formatted on exFAT on my hub.

On attaching my phone to the hub with my HD, I need to wait a bit for the system to access it. After that, UAPP would have no problems with it.

Problem only arises when I access UAPP to soon, when the system have not initialized the HD yet.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #7,851 of 9,526
Don't have a 512gb SDXC but do have a 2TB HD formatted on exFAT on my hub.

On attaching my phone to the hub with my HD, I need to wait a bit for the system to access it. After that, UAPP would have no problems with it.

Problem only arises when I access UAPP to soon, when the system have not initialized the HD yet.

Ok maybe I'm moving too quickly, I'll try again and be patient.

But the Android OS has recognized the card and it's contents via Settings/USB Storage, so I'm not sure why it would take any longer to start the app?

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #7,852 of 9,526
On my case, when the file manager kicks in. Will close the app and start using UAPP.

Needs a bit more time to to spin and access the directories w/ 30K+ files of music.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #7,853 of 9,526
On another forum, someone claims that this usb otg cable allows you to charge your One Plus One while using usb dacs. Could work with other devices too. Seems like it would be useful for alot of people.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/accessories/external-dacs-opo-best-t2845309/post64984789#post64984789

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #7,854 of 9,526
Does anyone know what's going on with the Galaxy S5?

When Android 5 was released my ODAC was working native in all apps, which was fantastic. I stopped using the ODAC mobile (well transported to the office) for quite a few months during which there were a couple of OTA Android updates which I applied as I had stability issues with the Samsung email client etc and now DAC does not work any more.

I notice that USB Audio Pro driver help http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/2015-07-22-12-01-14/usb-audio-driver states:
 Notice for Samsung users (10 October 2015) : due to a bug in the permission system of the Android 5.1.1 update for certain Samsung models, Audio Evolution Mobile and USB Audio Recorder PRO can not use USB devices on these models. We have made a work-around for USB Audio Player PRO while we wait for a real solution from Samsung, but have chosen not to do the work-around for our other apps because it has some side effects. The problem has been reported so far for the Tab Pro 12", Tab 4 7" LTE and S5 models, but if you can, please do not install a system update until Samsung solves this problem. We have filed a bug report to Samsung, but we'd appreciate if you also complain to Samsung about this if you experience this problem so that it has a higher chance of getting fixed. Note that the problem also occurs on similar products, so it's definitely not a bug in the app.

So clearly its a known issue, but when I connect the ODAC I get the cryptic "android did not find any devices, but linux did!" error, which would fit with the above that the kernel sees the USB audio device, but android is not setting up properly.

I don't have full license and am testing with the trial version, but Onkyo player also cannot see any USB DAC - as it was working native before I was just using google play music and that 100% does not work.

If I reboot the phone with the OTG cable attached it restarts, if I reboot with the OTG and ODAC the phone hangs on boot - has to be Samsung problem somewhere - anyone having these issues? S5 reports Android 5.0 and version G903FXXU1APA3.

Googling the issue is pretty futile... so many unrelated OTG issues - clearly Samsung don't care. Its work phone (personal is Nexus 4 - no SD slot or OTG) so I guess 6.0 might come along, but I expected UAPP to work with the "workaround" but that doesn't work either.

Feb 1, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #7,855 of 9,526
Quote:
On my case, when the file manager kicks in. Will close the app and start using UAPP.

Needs a bit more time to to spin and access the directories w/ 30K+ files of music.

Hmm, I wonder if it's an SDXC thing, seems unlikely given it is really shaking hands through the USB/SD card adapter's own USB controller and the phone is seeing this capacity under Settings/USB Storage.

Which File Manager app are you using?

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #7,856 of 9,526
The internal app "My Files"? It pops up automatically after handshaking with my USB HD drive.

I could not access my USB drive thru UAPP when I manipulate it rapidly before the 'My Files" pop up.

Using Galaxy Note 3 BTW.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #7,857 of 9,526
Hi. Ive been using my Cayin c5 dac, hooked to my Itouch6 and Android. It flawlessly works with the UAPP. But my problem is theres no output on the Hiby app. Also no output on the Onkyo app. Can we trace the problem here?

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #7,858 of 9,526

What’s new for 2.1:
2.Add Native DSD support
4.Add album cover on LAN
6.Add plugin function
7.Merge LAN and DLNA

Happy lunar new year! Wish you all the best. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Does hibymusic support outputting in 24 bit? I have some 24 bit music files and my Fiio E17 supports 24 bit, but hibymusic says that it is outputting in 16 bits.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #7,859 of 9,526
Hi. Ive been using my Cayin c5 dac, hooked to my Itouch6 and Android. It flawlessly works with the UAPP. But my problem is theres no output on the Hiby app. Also no output on the Onkyo app. Can we trace the problem here?

Can you be more specific. No volume? Could not be recognized? Have you used the physical volume button? Android: what phone?

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #7,860 of 9,526
Hi first of all!

I´ve another compatibility question regarding an Android device.
I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014Edition Tablet.

My phone (Sony XperiaZ3Compact) works perfectly fine with my Hidizs AP100 on USB DAC Mode.
Well...
My Tablet doesnt. I found it to work with the Hiby Music App, but i want to use the USB DAC to stream spotify, which doesnt work at all.
Strange since Android 5.1.1 should support USB DACs , right?

Thanks for the help

JoeO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back