1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last
  1. ginetto61

Thank you very much indeed for your very kind and valuable reply.
    Lately I read also about another app .... Black Player EX

This is much more interesting to me.   I thought it were an issue with the dac.
    Actually to be more precise i would like to use the dac with all media player apps like VLC, Youtube, Kodi and so on ... not being limited to a specifici audio player app.
    So in the end i think i really need a dac that connected to the OTG is recognized by the Android device without having to load specific drivers.
    like this one for instance already mentioned above ...

http://www.sonicunity.com/collections/encore/products/encore-mdsd

For my audio video system i use Android media players. Just now i have bought the one in the link ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191832311799?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am sure the resulting sound would be exceptional.   I believe in this approach a lot.
    Usual pc computers have OS too much loaded with features/subprogramms that load the computer HW in an unbelievable way.
    Android is a slimmed down Linux derived OS ... it can make wonder with music.
    The evidence of this is by looking at the HW requirements of different OSs.
    Android (but i think also Linux) runs perfectly on very very poor HW while a Win 10 needs a lot of resources in order to work smoothly.
    Thanks a lot again.
    gino

2. EarFun

Hi,
    does this mean you could use an android device like the LUMIX DMC-CM1, which is not OTG compatible with the mentioned apps to add a dac to your phone via USB support driver?
    I am thinking about buying the device, but I need my dac, otherwise I would go with the Galaxy S5 active.

3. m-i-c-k-e-y
    My smartphones/tables have ALL OTG SUPPORT (For these that I have bought them)

But some (of my devices) doesn't need special programs having generic USB drivers (UAPP, Onkyo, Hiby) to work.

On my tablet since it has this feature I can play videos/streams directly to my DAC/AMP without those special programs. 

I have yet to  encounter an Android device that communicates directly to a USB DAC/AMP without OTG function.

4. esm87
    cool looking IEM's what are they?

5. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Unique Melody Mentor Universals w/ Titanium faceplates

6. esm87
    cool, how do you find the sound on them?

7. EarFun
    So here it says the CM1 DMC-CM1 has no OTG:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-CM1-Smartcam-Review.139912.0.html

then whats that:

http://www.amazon.com/ReadyPlug%C2%AE-Adapter-Panasonic-Camera-DMC-CM1/dp/B017VACT2S

and can I use it for a DAC?

Thats is seriously confusing and I have to decide for a phone soon.....

8. m-i-c-k-e-y
    It is not a guarantee that a device has OTG will support a particular USB DAC. It's a hit and miss.

Try and buy.

9. EarFun

Of course,
    but when the phone does not support OTG it is pretty much a miss from my understanding.
    Then the OTG USB adapter does not make any sense (see my post above).

10. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Ah, yes....its bad when English is you're 3rd language...ha ha ha

11. EarFun

Are you german :wink:

12. esm87
    no, im from south wales uk lol

13. EarFun
    Your post sounded like one of those literal translations from German to English ("Wie findest du...")
    Funny. Seems like I was wrong there :wink:

14. esm87
    ??? Lol

15. m-i-c-k-e-y
    Neutron's latest update has finally added DSD (DoP) support.

Sounds heavenly!

First

Back
522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531
533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542
Next

Last