1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533
535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544
Next

Last
  1. REXNFX
    Android 5 & 6 will upsample when connected via OTG, You can get apps like spotify/tidal to work though, you just have to install a player like Onkyo HF/UAPP. Once installed, when you connect your DAC the app will ask you if you want to play via USB, press 'cancel' then play-should work though SQ might not be great.

2. chowboofay
    HibyMusic (Android) 2.2.1 has been published!

SettingsRetina168168.png

What’s new for 2.2.1:
    1.Fix the login problem and improve compatiablity on Android 6.0

2.Modify the presentation of file list

3.Support M3U playlist

4.Be compatible with more DACs

5.Fix bugs and improve app performance

Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en

3. swesko
    Hi guys I juste received my oppo ha-2 was planing on using it with the s7 edge and spotify to my disappointment I hear no sound. When playing through the music player or onkyo it's fine but I can't use third party music sources ? I thought it would be a native support

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. DanBa

USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP) supports the Tidal lossless music streaming service.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/7350#post_12061822

5. m-i-c-k-e-y
  6. waynes world
    I got a ZuperDAC and had it hooked up to my Galaxy S5 phone and was listening to Neutron through it. I'm pretty sure I was able to listen to other apps through it as well (ie spotify/tidal).

Then I got the UAPP app and have been happily using it. But when I use spotify or neutron now, the sound doesn't go through the usb dac (even when UAPP is not running). UAPP has taken over my usb dac lol!

Anybody know what I can do to get my other apps also recognizing the usb dac?

Thanks in advance!

7. REXNFX
    When you connect your DAC a pop up from UAPP will ask if you want to use USB, press cancel then play spotify/tidal

8. waynes world

Thanks, but when I connect the DAC, UAPP comes up and says briefly says "USB audio device initialized" but doesn't give me any "cancel" type options. 

Ok, I figured it out...

In the uapp settings, I had the "Use USB DAC" option checked and the "Play through Android" option unchecked. Once I checked the "Play through Android" option, then the other apps magically started using the usb dac.

They should change the name of the "Play through Android" setting to "UAPP Play through Android, and Allow all other apps to play through usb dac!"

9. REXNFX
    UAPP sends non upsampled bit perfect stream to your DAC, whereas Android sends upsampled to 24/192. So if playing 16/44 FLAC make sure you uncheck 'play through Android' to get best sound (Tidal via UAPP sounds better too).

10. ginetto61

Hi and thanks a lot for the very interesting information.
    I did not know of this setting option
    About your phone i see here    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php

Quote:

Could you please check which Android version is running on your phone ?
    i have to understand if Lollipop is needed or not.
    maybe i have found the solution of all my troubles ... more or less [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot.
    Have a nice day, gino

P.S. i have had many confirmation that these little devices can put out really great sound when used with nice dacs
    And they start from 50 USD !!!  the price of 2 CDs ... unbelievable.  I am sincerely excited.

11. waynes world

Yeah, thats why I had it unchecked in the first place. But actually,'play through android' says 'when no usb audio interface is found'. So even if it is checked, it shouldnt go through android and upsample if the dac is attached, right?

12. waynes world

Lollypop 5.1.1.

And you're right, these dacs are incredible. The zuperdac is $75 with ess 9018k2m chip used in many more expensive dacs and es9601 amp. Really amazing sound.

13. ginetto61

Hi and thanks a lot indeed. 
    So it is confirmed that Lollipop is really needed.  [​IMG]
    For a moment i was hoping that even older versions could work.  [​IMG]
    I really need to upgrade.   Good. I will do it absolutely.
    I have all Kit kat toys here ...
    Anyway i will look for this setting option in UAPP that i have installed.

Regarding the dacs it is true.  The last generation is very very good. 
    Still what is also interesting is the fact that Lollipop devices (phones, tablets and media players) can put out a digital signal of very very good quality.
    And the key seems to be the OS.   Simplified OSs sound better than more complex OSs.
    I cannot wait to receive my first Lollipop media player.
    Thank you very much indeed again.
    Kind regards, gino  

14. REXNFX
    Stored FLAC files aren't upsampled when this box is checked but native apps like tidal are...

15. m-i-c-k-e-y

With my Samsung Note 3 and Note 10.1 (2014), I have more success with my Geek Out and Geek Pulse Infinity (Xmos, Sabre 9018K2M/AQ2M) starting at Android 4.4.2, My M2tech Hiface DAC was spot on from Android 4.1

First

Back
524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533
535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544
Next

Last