Android phones and USB DACs
Jan 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #6,001 of 9,526
HP stream 7 looks fantastic but I'm not sure if I can run Jriver with this device.... can anyone tell if I can?
Also, can you use Geek Out with this?

I'm still interested in Cdisplay 7" tablette.
Can anyone in France help me getting this?
I don't think I can buy it in the states. Does it support English language? I hope it does!

iPhone 6 does not have a microSD card slot. That's why I'm not interested in this right now.

I'm still looking for an affordable 7" android tablet which works with UAPP and Geek Out. Let me know if you have an idea!

Thanks a lot!

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #6,004 of 9,526
do u think guys buying a windows 8 tablet can act as a better transport to a dac/amp than android or ios devices

the small HP stream 7 looks interesting , what do you think

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #6,005 of 9,526
  do u think guys buying a windows 8 tablet can act as a better transport to a dac/amp than android or ios devices

the small HP stream 7 looks interesting , what do you think

Exactly!
If you can run JRiver on that Win 8 tablet, you won't need UAPP and all that hassles.
JRriver Media Player kills UAPP.
it's a matter of compatibility. If that win 8 tablet is compatible with all DACs, I can sell all of my android tablets.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #6,006 of 9,526
  Exactly!
If you can run JRiver on that Win 8 tablet, you won't need UAPP and all that hassles.
JRriver Media Player kills UAPP.
it's a matter of compatibility. If that win 8 tablet is compatible with all DACs, I can sell all of my android tablets.

so how can i know if it runs jriver or is compatible with my ifi dsd micro

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #6,008 of 9,526
hykhleif:

I have a Toshiba Encore 8" tablet running Windows 8.1. I've just checked the specs of the HP Stream 7 and it appears to have a similar processor to my Tosh ( it has a 'g' after the number so is probably an updated one ). These devices are surprisingly powerful - much better than a netbook of say 3 years ago. The main limitation is the size of the hard drive but I have run mine attached to a 7 port hub with 1TB drive attached together with a wireless mouse ( could be bluetooth ), dac, and webcam recording video ( sort of cheap security cam ) etc. I do not use jriver but I am sure one of these could run it. I have the iFi Nano DSD and have used it with Foobar. IFi provide a driver for Windows and after following their settings for Foobar I have played DSD stuff through my Nano. I am sure the Micro will work in a similar way.

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,009 of 9,526
Buy one. It's only 99 dollars. You can return it within 14 days if you buy from Amazon.
I'm going to buy one within a few days.

I wish I can buy from Amazon but I can as I live in Israel so I prefer to wait until u get it and tell us what u can get out of it

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,010 of 9,526

Buy one. It's only 99 dollars. You can return it within 14 days if you buy from Amazon.
I'm going to buy one within a few days.

You mean 199 dollars. That is twice as much.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #6,012 of 9,526

Nope, it IS 99 dollars.
You can buy this online and turn it back in 14 days if you don't like it. I'm going to buy one within a few days and test it with JRiver or Foobar. If it works, we should start selling all of our Android tablets and ask refunds for crappy UAPP.

I wouldn't get too excited, it comes with 1 GB of RAM and that's all the chipset supports. Windoze and 1 GB of RAM is a bad combination. Not enough storage space if you intend to do much else with it and the SD expansion is limited. I'd be waiting for a better toy, it'll cost more.

Jan 3, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #6,014 of 9,526
  Some of you might get really excited for this one!

You should look at the TW801 with 32 GB of SSD and 2 GB of RAM. It costs more but has a chance of being useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back