Android: Neutron Music Player
Jan 29, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #841 of 1,374
Hello
Is there a way to copy a list (or whole) equalizer presets ?
I'd like to transfer them from Dx220 to Dx150, on both I have Neutron installed.

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #842 of 1,374
Hello
Is there a way to copy a list (or whole) equalizer presets ?
I'd like to transfer them from Dx220 to Dx150, on both I have Neutron installed.
I discovered to my cost (so i thought at the time), that by moving all my Neutron data to my internal sd card (using a phone), if you re-install Neutron, it only reads saved data from the device, not add-on storage. So in my case, it created all-new default saved files, and i thought mine was lost. My work around was to find my saved presets file, delete the newly formed one, and move my preset file to it's place on the device. Then i unistalled and reinstalled Neutron and hey presto, my EQ presets were back. Everytime you install Neutron on a new device, it creates its own default files. So you need a copy of your eq preset file, and replace the newly created file with it. Your file should look something like this:
Screenshot_20200129-093726_File Manager.jpg

If anyone has an easier way, im all ears.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #843 of 1,374
Great, so it's possible !
Thank you for this quick and helpful answer :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #844 of 1,374
Just force stop Neutron from Apps and copy over your neutronmp.db, eq_presets.xml and theme.xml and open neutron again and you have all your settings, eq, theme, and license settings (great if using paypro) I transfer to all the different devices I use this way.

Jan 29, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #845 of 1,374
Just force stop Neutron from Apps and copy over your neutronmp.db, eq_presets.xml and theme.xml and open neutron again and you have all your settings, eq, theme, and license settings (great if using paypro) I transfer to all the different devices I use this way.
I knew there would be an easier, more straightforward way. Can't believe i didn't think of this at the time ..... Brain freeze obviously ! Thanks

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #847 of 1,374
@dmitrykos I use Neutron on all my past and present Android DAPs as well as the devices it works amazingly well on older ones like Echobox Explorer utilizing upto 192khz of the PCM1792A like the stock UAPP player, it's also working really well on a recently aquired Acoustic Research AR-M2 but only to Max of 48Khz. Is there any chance of adding the full capability of 192Khz of the PCM1794A?
I will pay for it. I can send you an M2 if needed. The stock AR Music Player (UAPP) uses 192Khz.

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #848 of 1,374
is the neutron dev on this thread, as I have bought my neutron app form my phone, but my dap does not have play store ( cayin n6ii -- Chinese version ), so I wonder if the dev of neutron app can help if he is on the forums

I wonder if @dmitrykos you are the dev for neutron player and if you can help

Jan 30, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #853 of 1,374
this is what steered me away from DX220. What amp are you using may I ask?

I am currently using DX220 (fidelizer body mod version) with Amp9. I also have stock DX220 without any mod which is about same on run time.
I would say it runs about 5 hours with screen off using Neuron or may be a little longer depends on what I do. People say using Mango player would
last longer so that was the reason why I asked if some setting in Neutron may drain the battery faster.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #854 of 1,374
I think neutron is standard battery drain for 3rd party app, comparable to others. Only real excessive drain for me is 'PCM to DSD' function or very high oversampling in 64 bit audiophile mode. Aside from that, it's similar to Hiby, UAPP, etc.

I did note that Mango is better on battery than any 3rd party app available. I use DX150 with amp6 and amp7 to observe this. But, if you want the feature set of Neutron, I guess you have to be willing to lose out on some battery life. For me, it's indispensable as I have uneven hearing above 1khz (and only above 1khz). So having the ability to EQ left and right channels independently has increased the stability of the center image and sound balance for me.

Also, I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I have yet to find any app that can match the EQ transparency of Neutron in 64 bit mode.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #855 of 1,374
I agree neutron has a pretty good EQ feature but the main reason I am using the Neutron is its playlist feature (recently added song feature
which only AK/Sony but no other device has). Also, their crossfade/fader which quite useful Neutron also keeps the hiss down on amp9
so I keep on using it despite the rapid battery drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back