Android: Neutron Music Player
Nov 21, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #811 of 1,374
which version is for Fiio M11 Pro as there are many from the official Neutron download page via Google in the device.

Fiio M DAPs have no Google Play and do not expose possibility to add e-mail account to the OS, so you can use apk from both sections and add e-mail account to Neutron via Help -> Account -> [+]. For M11 you will need _ARM64 apk. More details here:
http://neutronmp.com/faq/10-fix-no-google-play-services

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #812 of 1,374
I have been using this app on Android & IOS devices for a few years now. I love the compressor dsp, it works really well. One thing that bugs me however is the artwork playing now screen has 2 icons on the artwork on the left side. A mute and cross icon. Can this be removed by the user?

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #814 of 1,374
can someone explain to me why the option "oversampling" is now listed separately and can be set manually? I thought that oversampling standard in the d / a conversion is?

Dec 7, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #815 of 1,374
it is a function of all DACs (except NOS DACs). However, the results may be better if you allow software to upsample instead of the DAC oversampling. Computer processors can handle more complex calculations - like the 'sinc' function used during interpolation (i.e. oversampling)

At least that's the theory. I have had very positive results with oversampling - and other times where I preferred the DAC handling this function - yet other times where I could perceive zero difference.

Dec 9, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #816 of 1,374
I found some Infos on the Neutron site

"Hi-Res Audio support make it possible to benefit from Oversampling technique by activating Audio Hardware -> Oversampling and setting the desired oversampling ratio. The higher the ratio, the higher the oversampling frequency. Oversampling technique improves the precision of audio data processing in case you are using some of the provided DSP (Equalizer, Crossfeed, Compressor, ...). Many modern DACs oversample audio data internally in its hardware but Neutron can do it earlier and you will benefit from a higher precision of audio data processing (DSP)."

Dec 15, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #817 of 1,374
I smell an update :D

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #818 of 1,374
Good evening, just bought Neutron to use it to stream from my Sinology Nas using Openvpn.
Problem is Neutron can't scan Nas folder when using Vpn, smb protocol.
On Lan , no problem scanning about 15000 songs.
Other apps work ok with same vpn settings.
Any tip?

Ps webdav instead cannot find folders neither on lan nor vpn.

Dec 16, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #819 of 1,374
I want to play DSD256 natively on Neutron, but I can't no matter what settings I use. I have my phone connected to an external DAC. My DAC can play up to 32/384 PCM and DSD256. Obviously I can only play up to DSD128 using DoP, so I have to use native DSD. No matter what settings I use, it never works. I keep turning my DAC on and off to see if it works. Most of the time it plays a very annoying high pitch even when the music is stopped. The best I got was the music being able to play DSD256 natively but with a lot of audible static noise in the background. It either does that or it's mute.

What should I do? Is there something I'm missing from being able to play DSD256 natively? My DAC supports it, I have DSD256 files and Neutron supports native DSD. So what's wrong? What should I do? What settings should I use? DSD playback is the only reason I chose Neutron over Poweramp.

Dec 17, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #820 of 1,374
@dmitrykos - I noticed that crossfeed is not listed as an option in the "effect chain order" settings. I'm curious what the processing order is for the crossfeed. Does crossfeed get processed after the EQ or before EQ?

I have slightly uneven hearing and need more bass in the right ear - I use separate EQ for left and right channels. Thanks to your software, I can do this. For me, it would make sense for the EQ to happen last (after the crossfeed). Not sure about others and their preference.

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #821 of 1,374
@dmitrykos - I noticed that crossfeed is not listed as an option in the "effect chain order" settings. I'm curious what the processing order is for the crossfeed. Does crossfeed get processed after the EQ or before EQ?

I have slightly uneven hearing and need more bass in the right ear - I use separate EQ for left and right channels. Thanks to your software, I can do this. For me, it would make sense for the EQ to happen last (after the crossfeed). Not sure about others and their preference.
How do you use separate EQ for left and right channels?

Dec 19, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #822 of 1,374
Screenshot_20191219-004643~2.png

Click gear. Once in, you'll see a slider for number of channels. Set to 2.

Screenshot_20191219-005404~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-004643.png
    Screenshot_20191219-004643.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #825 of 1,374
A sorting question...

Neutron is the only player which lists my Bob Dylan "artist" category as "BOB DYLAN". That may be a tag somewhere in my files...but why is it choosing that one and ignoring every other album tag that is simply "Bob Dylan"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back