Android: Neutron Music Player
Jan 17, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #827 of 1,374
I'm using Neutron streaming from my Nas using SMB protocol, but gapless doesn't work.
Works fine when playing from phone folders.
Any tips?

In Neutron gapless works regardless of the music file source, may be your compilation is not gapless? Please note that Neutron does not try to detect silence and cut it (pseudo-gapless), tracks must be encoded as gapless.

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #831 of 1,374
Eagerly awaiting the implementation of the new file manager for upnp.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #833 of 1,374
Hi all.
I've been noticing that playing flac files on Neutron sounds more detailed than playing master quality files on the Tidal app. Do you have a similar opinion?
And, is there a way to play Tidal files on Neutron?

Neutron cant play Tidal. I'd recommend USB Audio Player Pro for streaming Tidal. The MQA add on is $3 extra though.

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #834 of 1,374
Is there a way to conserve energy while not degrading the sound with Neutron? I am currently running Neutron on DX220 and I can never pass 4 hours runtime
with 24bit/192Khz flac. I seem to get longer runtime using the native mango player. Is there any setting within Neutron to help with this?

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #835 of 1,374
Is there a way to conserve energy while not degrading the sound with Neutron? I am currently running Neutron on DX220 and I can never pass 4 hours runtime
with 24bit/192Khz flac. I seem to get longer runtime using the native mango player. Is there any setting within Neutron to help with this?

Take look at this: https://neutronmp.com/faq/13-q-how-to-save-cpu-and-battery-when-using-neutron

Overall it uses more battery if you have oversampling function on, or the PCM to DSD. But that is normal.

With only EQ on it doesnt drain battery more than a normal player. In my experience at least.

For best battery, turn off the oversampling functions, if they are on. EQ and 64bit processing will not affect the battery life much.

You can experiment with different settings, like using only 2x oversampling instead of 8x, or if PCM to DSD dont use DSD128, try with 64. The higher the value, more battery will be used. Find best settings for you.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #836 of 1,374
Take look at this: https://neutronmp.com/faq/13-q-how-to-save-cpu-and-battery-when-using-neutron

Overall it uses more battery if you have oversampling function on, or the PCM to DSD. But that is normal.

With only EQ on it doesnt drain battery more than a normal player. In my experience at least.

For best battery, turn off the oversampling functions, if they are on. EQ and 64bit processing will not affect the battery life much.

You can experiment with different settings, like using only 2x oversampling instead of 8x, or if PCM to DSD dont use DSD128, try with 64. The higher the value, more battery will be used. Find best settings for you.

Thanks for your response but I never use oversampling as 80% files are 24/192 flac and some are 16/44. Few DSD. Perhaps, my files are too big to process.

Jan 28, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #839 of 1,374
Yeah 7 bucks is not a hard sell.

If discounts/price drops were given frequently I think a lot of users would be miffed, and it would devalue what is a great tool.

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #840 of 1,374
Im looking for a coupon or discount for the app, someone can help me?

images.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back