Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jun 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3,451 of 3,813
  This project is turning into a monster :)
Is the intention to be able to connect the regular TU-05 to this base for powering speakers or will this run independently?

Well if you can manage to fit those x2 rack server cases into one of those professional travel suitcases that pilots use with telescopic handle and wheels the sky is the limit.
80hs playback time would allow for at least one round-the-world trip......maybe it could be called the TU-05 Weltweit??

should be called "The One and Only", can't think of building a second or even larger one .....   maybe with anode voltage power supplies and batteries for each single tube ? :)

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,452 of 3,813
I sent a message to Shikada about the background noise problem on my low impedance headphone like my roxanne and hope vi, and he replied and tell me that there is new ddc module and amp module (the new amp module now is able to change gain). And he said that the upgrade is free of charge. But I have to send the amp on September since he is very busy with his work building asp amps at the moment.

So I have reserved his time on September for my amp upgrade. And I am so happy.
Just wanna share this news guys!

cheers!

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #3,453 of 3,813
Great news (and what an excellent service Shikada-San provides). to get supported until you are totally satisfied at any time always focussed on the customer's whishes is one of the points i will never regret to have bought a product from A2P.

And i am happy for you that you finally will have exactly the product you want!

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #3,454 of 3,813
  Great news (and what an excellent service Shikada-San provides). to get supported until you are totally satisfied at any time always focussed on the customer's whishes is one of the points i will never regret to have bought a product from A2P.
And i am happy for you that you finally will have exactly the product you want!

Thank you GG. Yes he is a man that really love his work. He give full support to each of all the amp he made. the tur06 has been my only portable amp since i got it (october last year).. I did try other portable tube, the tur06 still the only one i love. the bass is really the thing that i can not find from other tube amp. and the reverb sound is so real with this amp..  and with the upgrade i believe it will be my end portable journey.

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3,455 of 3,813
The modders diary part 05 (highend version):

the football match Germany - Ghana is just starting, so just a short status update for my highend tu-05 mod:

after a lot of research, drawing schematics and building protoypes (five of them were working but not what i really wanted) i now have finalized the design for the standard voltage regulator board to be used.

it has two stages, an adjustable preregulation stage with TL431 and BDX53C for improved ripple and noise suppression, followed by the L200 based constant current / constant voltage stage so the resulting power supplies can be used both for charging the Li-Ion batteries and for operating the amp.

The voltage regulator board doesn't use any electrolyte capacitors, only MKP capacitors (there was an interesting article about the sound of power supplies with regulator ICs and how they sound based on the components used), they only electrolyte capacitors placed on the board are after the output of the regulator.

the regulator boards can be adapted to be used from 6 to 90 volt input voltage.

Here you can see one chain (2x18 volt power supply, voltage regulator board, filter board) to charge two 4 battery Li-Ion battery packs:

two of this chains are needed for the anode voltage supply for one channel.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #3,456 of 3,813
just found this site:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/

with lots of old magazines around radio, radio tubes, all downloadable as .pdf file as for example this one:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Radio-Craft/1940s/Radio-Craft-1940-10.pdf

with the article "how to make a versatile miniature-tube audio amplifier" (with DF91 and DL91!) on page 226 (document page 36).

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #3,462 of 3,813
  Well if you can manage to fit those x2 rack server cases into one of those professional travel suitcases that pilots use with telescopic handle and wheels the sky is the limit.
80hs playback time would allow for at least one round-the-world trip......maybe it could be called the TU-05 Weltweit??

think i will use a part of the battery power for an integrated 4 wheel motor drive and a distance sensor so that the amp automatically follows me wherever i go to :)

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,463 of 3,813
Still subscribed! What is this "high quality capacitor" option on the tu06? In terms of sq. Must have missed it if already explained.

Between GG & myself, I think we bought 1/2 of whatever stock they had (16 initially?)!!

when i ordered mine there were 20 on stock so i assume bmichels also bought four of them.

You guys are funny

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #3,464 of 3,813
  Between GG & myself, I think we bought 1/2 of whatever stock they had (16 initially?)!!

I just got 3/4 of the remaining :) Thanks GG.

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #3,465 of 3,813
When I enquired about the tu-06 capacitor option Shikada-San wrote -

"For improved sound quality of tu-06 it is to change to 2SK30a from the 2SK170 FET of the original first stage. 2SK30 is Valuable vintage transistor. Linearity is better than 2SK170, it is clear sound. However, this is hard to get. I have a 2SK30a (Ultra Low noise) only make few amps".

Cheers,
Andy.

Still subscribed! What is this "high quality capacitor" option on the tu06? In terms of sq. Must have missed it if already explained.

You guys are funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back