An Ultrasone Comparison
Feb 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #76 of 78

Quote:

Agree with you about the bass...but the Ultrasones are not only about bass, they offer much more.

Quote:
Yes, ultrasone (at least with my signature pro) is really good at bass guitar, guitar (both wood/electric), piano, and drum set, it performs well when listening to other instruments like cello

Quote:
Some people (like me) enjoy the visceral effect you get with bass and sub-bass in electronic music due to the air pressure - just hearing it isn't enough. This is best experienced with a subwoofer, but since that isn't always practical at home due to noise pollution I've wanted to get the closest to a well integrated sub in a headphone. Obviously due to physics headphones can never properly reproduce the effects of a sub, but for me the D7000, Pro900 and UM Merlin come close enough (until I find something better).

OK, this makes more sense.  So as long as it's not encroaching on mids and highs....  What's your guys' opinion about best ultrasones for trance?  :)

have any of you heard the panasonic htf600s?  which have been pretty hyped up for being a $30 can?  How about the beyer dt880 (which I loooove with having only listened to a few sets of good headphones...can't say i have heard any better before)

would you say, get ultrasones for $160 or so...and put a bigger dent in the wallet than the panasonics, or just get the panasonics and save for something quite a bit better than ultrasones..

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #77 of 78

Quote:

OK, this makes more sense.  So as long as it's not encroaching on mids and highs....  What's your guys' opinion about best ultrasones for trance?  :)

have any of you heard the panasonic htf600s?  which have been pretty hyped up for being a $30 can?  How about the beyer dt880 (which I loooove with having only listened to a few sets of good headphones...can't say i have heard any better before)

would you say, get ultrasones for $160 or so...and put a bigger dent in the wallet than the panasonics, or just get the panasonics and save for something quite a bit better than ultrasones..

haven't heard of htf600s
if your budget is around 200, I would suggest you to try (and go) the 990/70x/D5k/600/650, D5k is another bass monster- -

880 is a great can, I like it very much
but now it's broken- -, and maybe sooner or later I'll fix it

May 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #78 of 78
i finally did get to hear ultrasones.. picked up hfi550 slightly used (alienware ozma 5) for $25......could NOT be happier.  Pretty sure I am not gonna look any further for a long while for closed headphones.  I'm actually quite set with open and IEMs also. 

Unless I am on the go, the HFI550 are probably my go-to headphone everytime, since my wife gets annoyed with me blaring music through my semi open dt880 :p 

What people said about ultrasone was true......perfect for electronic!  They're not really even bass cannons unless equalized/boosted that way.  But yes, they can handle tons and tons of bass :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back